• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Netherlands, The land of no masks

I honestly don't understand the resistance to doing something so easy. No one is taking your rights away. You are just being asked to be a responsible citizen. WTF!

Because, as has been pointed out, there is no clear empirical evidence that wearing a face mask provides adequate protection. It is unnatural and uncomfortable to wear a face mask and people just don't want to wear them. Nobody is stopping you wearing a face mask. So if people can mind their own business about that, why don't you give them the same courtesy and mind your own business ? Or just stay home.

Yes, there is very clear evidence that masks work to dampen the spread of covid:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

That’s not evidence. There are no studies that prove wearing a mask has any significant effect on stopping the spread of corona virus.

And that’s why I’m not wearing a mask. Understand now? Probably not so that will be my last word on it with you because I got sent to the sin bin before

I dunno. He might link a youtube video....

Yes, there is very clear evidence that masks work to dampen the spread of covid:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

That’s not evidence. There are no studies that prove wearing a mask has any significant effect on stopping the spread of corona virus.

And that’s why I’m not wearing a mask. Understand now? Probably not so that will be my last word on it with you because I got sent to the sin bin before

Medical people were being hit heavily before they masked up. After that they weren't. That says a lot about the effectiveness of the high level masks.

There was also a recent study that revealed that schools who didn't have mask mandates had over 3 times more cases of COVID compared to those who had mandates. But, some people only believe what they want to believe, so no use trying to change them. I like wearing my mask. It keeps me warm in cold stores and there are times when it's fun to be a bit anonymous. I prefer multi layered cloth masks with a filter. They are not as effective as N95s, but they do offer a good bit of protection and I've been vaccinated and had my booster so my chances of spreading or getting COVID are insignificant. If we all did that, this thing would probably be over by now.

I've been told I look better masked, and I take that as a compliment. Also, my mask portrays the muzzle of a dachshund as it licks its chops. I love presenting myself as a dachshund. And yes, there is good data on masks cutting down on spread rates, good, that is, as long as your news isn't "fair and balanced."

That's civilian thinking. We're in a military situation. The viruses are an enemy air force, they're attacking our country, and they're seeking out targets. Face masks are to viruses as blackouts are to bombers.{snip absurd}

A virus is not an enemy air force, and can no more "seek out targets" than pigs can fly.
We Have Become a Paradise for Control-Freak Weaklings Getting Even With a Society That Rejected Them

The cronyvirus is not contagious; it's in the air, everywhere. It is an immune-deficiency problem, like Lou Gehrig's disease and many others.

It's not "novel" at all, although the ignorant media like to call it that. It's been around for many millennia. The ancestors of the American Indians left China before the virus appeared; that's why many Mexicans are not immune to it. China has fewer than 5,000 deaths from it—not because it is an authoritarian state and can enforce strict restrictions, as the American medical authoritarians want us to believe, but because they became immune to it the hard way many thousands of years ago.

The most restricted Americans are in nursing homes, yet they've been dying at the highest rate. That's more proof that it's an immune-deficiency problem. Those seniors have lost many of the immunities that most Americans are born with.

We Have Become a Paradise for Control-Freak Weaklings Getting Even With a Society That Rejected Them

The cronyvirus is not contagious; it's in the air, everywhere. It is an immune-deficiency problem, like Lou Gehrig's disease and many others.

It's not "novel" at all, although the ignorant media like to call it that. It's been around for many millennia. The ancestors of the American Indians left China before the virus appeared; that's why many Mexicans are not immune to it. China has fewer than 5,000 deaths from it—not because it is an authoritarian state and can enforce strict restrictions, as the American medical authoritarians want us to believe, but because they became immune to it the hard way many thousands of years ago.

The most restricted Americans are in nursing homes, yet they've been dying at the highest rate. That's more proof that it's an immune-deficiency problem. Those seniors have lost many of the immunities that most Americans are born with.

Do we have a contest thread? "Which post has the highest error-per-word ratio?" ?

I'll nominate this post.

That's civilian thinking. We're in a military situation. The viruses are an enemy air force, they're attacking our country, and they're seeking out targets. Face masks are to viruses as blackouts are to bombers.{snip absurd}

A virus is not an enemy air force, and can no more "seek out targets" than pigs can fly.

If it were an immune deficiency problem why does it behave like it's contagious?

The only part of your post that's remotely true is that it's not novel. This particular version is new, but my wife recognized the presentation as something she learned about in her medical training. (She's China-trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine.)

Here's the best study to date. Masks work.
And it's pretty shit. It reads more like a propaganda piece than a scientific study.

Neither the laboratory findings nor the mask-trial findings have been peer reviewed.

Bangladesh ffs.
What's wrong with that study?

They distributed masks and noted the effect on cases. Just because you don't like the answers doesn't make them propaganda.

The study is weak, but that's inevitable as no strong test can be done ethically.

Back
Top Bottom