• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The objective mind

untermenche is a figment of his own imagination and is unaware that it is he who creates himself from moment to moment.

I'm beginning to understand some of the Buddhism I read in the 70s. Mind ismthe ultimate reality in terms of thought, and we are creating it as we go.

I am the same thing as everyone.

I can will my arm to move the way I choose when I choose.

If a person can't do that they can't type out words that appear here.

The mind does exist.

So does the brain.

The question is : How specifically is one related to the other?
Yes, the mind does exist.
Yes, the brain does exist.

There can be a brain and no mind, but the inverse is not true. If there is a mind, then there is a brain, but not the other way around.

The brain is material and physical. It's tangible and visible.
The mind is none of those things.

A functioning brain gives rise to a mind, most certainly, but things are not nearly as clear-cut as scientists open only to physical observations.

Any spookiness is a function of language, not the supernatural.

fast, you are correct. [bold mine]

Yes you do.

I am simply pointing to the research.

There is no research that understands the objective mind.

It is not understood in any way.

The research cannot possibly say anything about the objective mind.

Nobody has the slightest clue what it is.

You lie when you claim there is any research that understands what the objective mind is.

So you ignore what is understood, you ignore the research, you ignore the evidence, you ignore what the researchers say their analysis, and just repeat your mantra.

A good example of Denial.

I don't expect anything else because that is all you have.

There is no research that understands the objective mind.

It is not understood in any way.

The research cannot possibly say anything about the objective mind.

Nobody has the slightest clue what it is.

You lie when you claim there is any research that understands what the objective mind is.

So you ignore what is understood, you ignore the research, you ignore the evidence, you ignore what the researchers say their analysis, and just repeat your mantra.

A good example of Denial.

I don't expect anything else because that is all you have.

I ignore you and your bad conclusions that might possibly be shared by others.

Bad conclusions being shared is not evidence that one knows what the objective mind is.

It takes actually knowing what the objective mind is to make any conclusions about it.

The subjective mind clearly can move the arm at will and type out the words chosen by the will.

No you're not. You unable to conceive of an infinite past or of an finite interval containing an infinity of point.

We're all different, you know?

No, obviously you don't.

I can't move your arm either.
EB

No you're not. You unable to conceive of an infinite past or of an finite interval containing an infinity of point.

No, obviously you don't.

EB

You cannot imagine an infinity.

You can however lie to others and yourself that you can.

No, obviously you don't.

EB

It is easy to see that you have an infinite capacity towards willful ignorance and narrow mindedness.

It is easy to see that you have an infinite capacity towards willful ignorance and narrow mindedness.

I have a stubbornness for the truth.

People that claim magical powers like being able to imagine a completed infinity have the willful ignorance.

You have stubbornness as a foundation of your own belief. Your mistake being the assumption that your belief is truth.

People that claim magical powers like being able to imagine a completed infinity have the willful ignorance.

You have type 2 comprehension resistance. It prevents proper function of the brain. Similar to diabetes in form, it results from chronic bad mental nutrition and lack of mental exercise. It is curable by a change in mental consumption and mental exercise.

You have type 2 comprehension resistance. It prevents proper function of the brain. Similar to diabetes in form, it results from chronic bad mental nutrition and lack of mental exercise. It is curable by a change in mental consumption and mental exercise.

I have sense.

I know when people are full of shit.

They hem and haw and have nothing specific to say, like you are doing here.

People that claim they can imagine a completed infinity and we are supposed to just buy it are either incredibly naive or full of shit.

End of story.

You have stubbornness as a foundation of your own belief. Your mistake being the assumption that your belief is truth.

It is not a belief I do something with my mind and my arm moves as and when I choose.

It is a fact.

And you have the same fact.

Yet you ignore it for some strange reason. It can't be anything about the research. The research doesn't have anything to say about the phenomena.

The objective mind is not understood even a little.

No, obviously you don't.

EB

You unable to conceive of an infinite past or of an finite interval containing an infinity of point.

So you're unable to conceive of infinity and you're unable to read properly the word "conceive " when it's in a post of mine. You have a very selective take on the world around you. No wonder you're so awkward with everybody.

conceive ? Get it?
EB

I've never seen such hand waving.

Yes you by magic conceive of a completed infinity.

You are full of shit!

Move on. You have nothing but some worthless claim about something in your mind. It is stupidity.

It is not a belief I do something with my mind and my arm moves as and when I choose.

It is a fact.

Yet you ignore it for some strange reason. It can't be anything about the research. The research doesn't have anything to say about the phenomena.

You were provided with quotes and links to numerous experiments and studies on motor function in relation to the brain, you ignore all of it, you ignore everything that does not suit your belief in autonomy of mind.

untermenche still refuses to accept it is all in his brain. Self, thoughts. It is all a chemical process.

How about the subjunctive mind?

While we do not have a complete working neural model, it is all about how the physical brain is wired. Unless you cling to the mind body duality.

Reactions: DBT

You are full of shit!

Move on. You have nothing but some worthless claim about something in your mind. It is stupidity.

There's no magic involved. Most people do it and certainly lots of bright people throughout history did. I'm sorry to break the news to you that such bright people as Newton and Leibnitz and Cantor all agreed with me. And they didn't fuss about the fact that we can conceive of infinity. People who can't conceive of it are either complete idiots and people like you who can't see the difference between imagining and conceiving despite being told several times. Oh, wait, I know, you can't see in fact the difference between imagining and conceiving! That's it! And all this fuss because you believe we claim we can imagine infinity. How pathetic is that?!

So, let's start again on the right foot this time, shall we? We claim that we are able to conceive of infinity. Nobody serious ever claimed to be able to imagine infinity.

So, how do you feel about that? Friends again?
EB

It is a fact.

You were provided with quotes and links to numerous experiments and studies on motor function in relation to the brain, you ignore all of it, you ignore everything that does not suit your belief in autonomy of mind.

But I was provided NO quotes about the objective mind and how it specifically operates or what it can do.

You want to make claims about the objective mind without even knowing what it is.

Your position is religious rubbish.

PERIOD!

You are full of shit!

There's no magic involved. Most people do it and certainly lots of bright people throughout history did. I'm sorry to break the news to you that such bright people as Newton and Leibnitz and Cantor all agreed with me. And they didn't fuss about the fact that we can conceive of infinity. People who can't conceive of it are either complete idiots and people like you who can't see the difference between imagining and conceiving despite being told several times. Oh, wait, I know, you can't see in fact the difference between imagining and conceiving! That's it! And all this fuss because you believe we claim we can imagine infinity. How pathetic is that?!

So, let's start again on the right foot this time, shall we? We claim that we are able to conceive of infinity. Nobody serious ever claimed to be able to imagine infinity.

So, how do you feel about that? Friends again?
EB

You can't conceive of a completed infinity. None of those people ever claimed a completed infinity was possible. You alone hold this position.

Your claims that you can conceive of completed infinities are childish lies.

Your position is total shit.

This is for adults, not little lying children that stomp their feet and cry that they can do the impossible in their mind.

These children take this position as a last resort when no rational positions are available.

To imagine something means it is accessible.

You can imagine one cow, imagine two cows.

Imagine a number of cows that can't be counted.

Imagine cows filling the universe.

In every imagining you have a finite amount of cows.

There is no possible way to imagine infinite cows. Infinity is not an amount. It is the concept of ever increasing amount.

It is possible to imagine something increasing and increasing. But impossible to imagine a completed infinity. Anything completed in the imagination is finite. It is there to be fully appreciated.

If you can't imagine infinite cows then claims that you can conceive of infinite cows is just stupidity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom