• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

‘The perfect target’: Russia cultivated Trump as asset for 40 years – ex-KGB spy

All I need to care about to protect Ukraine is myself. The world basically has two settings, increasingly unstable or increasingly stable. If we allow big countries to annex small countries we will have an increasingly unstable world. Whenever one country attacks another it's always better, for world peace, to immediately show full force and attack the aggressor. That's the whole point of the UN. It's primary function is to prevent wars of aggression.

Peace and stability is better for everybody. It's better for the world economy. And also my economy. So it would have been better for me if the rest of the world would have used troops and invaded the Crimea. And showed such a force that Russia would have to give up it's claims to it.

Whether or not, for historical reasons, Russia had a claim to it, is neither here nor there. It's better if the borders are solid and permanent, and any attempt to redraw maps is immediately prevented.

Both China and Russia are very aggressive and playing the long game. They're both waiting for the enemy (ie the west) to show any weakness and then they'll immediately grab stuff on the long list of things they are laying claims to.

So you are correct that this war to protect the Crimea wouldn't be a war for the benefit of the Crimeans (who I've heard are mostly positive to the Russian takeover, because Ukraine is a horrendous corrupt mess) but for the benefit of the world at large.
Puh-leeze! you are smarter than that. US neocons tried to annex Ukraine first, and for the most part succeeded. Except most valuable part - Crimea. So, they effectively failed.

Putting a country into the western sphere of influence in order to protect it's democratic freedoms, isn't to annex a country. I'm not so naïve that I don't see the obvious benefits to USA. But taking a country from out of under the Russian thumb, isn't to put it under another thumb. There's a huge difference for the population of Ukraine, ie living in a free society or living in a dictatorship.

Granted that USA's track record is less than spotless. But Russia's track record his horiffic. No country ever benefitted from being part of the Warsaw pact. Every country benefited from being a part of NATO.

At the fall of the Iron Curtain Ukraine was tipped to be the most economically successful, since it was the most well functioning of the Russian states. Corruption, mostly due to Russian meddling made the country an economic kleptocratic basket case. That is Putin's fault.

All I need to care about to protect Ukraine is myself. The world basically has two settings, increasingly unstable or increasingly stable. If we allow big countries to annex small countries we will have an increasingly unstable world. Whenever one country attacks another it's always better, for world peace, to immediately show full force and attack the aggressor. That's the whole point of the UN. It's primary function is to prevent wars of aggression.

Peace and stability is better for everybody. It's better for the world economy. And also my economy. So it would have been better for me if the rest of the world would have used troops and invaded the Crimea. And showed such a force that Russia would have to give up it's claims to it.

Whether or not, for historical reasons, Russia had a claim to it, is neither here nor there. It's better if the borders are solid and permanent, and any attempt to redraw maps is immediately prevented.

Both China and Russia are very aggressive and playing the long game. They're both waiting for the enemy (ie the west) to show any weakness and then they'll immediately grab stuff on the long list of things they are laying claims to.

So you are correct that this war to protect the Crimea wouldn't be a war for the benefit of the Crimeans (who I've heard are mostly positive to the Russian takeover, because Ukraine is a horrendous corrupt mess) but for the benefit of the world at large.
Puh-leeze! you are smarter than that. US neocons tried to annex Ukraine first, and for the most part succeeded. Except most valuable part - Crimea. So, they effectively failed.

Putting a country into the western sphere of influence in order to protect it's democratic freedoms, isn't to annex a country. I'm not so naïve that I don't see the obvious benefits to USA. But taking a country from out of under the Russian thumb,
Fuck that thumb, Russia was paying $10bil a year to have that stupid thumb. And how is having literal nazi an improvement over before?
You ARE naive if you think neocons care about democracy or well-being of anyone they buy with empty promises. They only wanted Sevastopol, that's it.
isn't to put it under another thumb.
I did not say it is, They don't care either way, If Ukraine becomes great democracy and great economy fine, if they all die - fine too. All they care is to create shit for Russia.
There's a huge difference for the population of Ukraine, ie living in a free society or living in a dictatorship.

Granted that USA's track record is less than spotless. But Russia's track record his horiffic.
As far as foreign affairs are concerned Russia's track record is orders of magnitude better than US
No country ever benefitted from being part of the Warsaw pact. Every country benefited from being a part of NATO.
That's one way to put it. Another way to put it - No country benefited going against NATO/US. (Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Central America, Cuba ......Warsaw pact countries)
At the fall of the Iron Curtain Ukraine was tipped to be the most economically successful, since it was the most well functioning of the Russian states. Corruption, mostly due to Russian meddling made the country an economic kleptocratic basket case. That is Putin's fault.
Bullcrap, ukrainians are fully capable of inventing corruption themselves. But I agree, Russia should never have paid them $10bil/year, that was a mistake.

Putting a country into the western sphere of influence in order to protect it's democratic freedoms, isn't to annex a country. I'm not so naïve that I don't see the obvious benefits to USA. But taking a country from out of under the Russian thumb,
Fuck that thumb, Russia was paying $10bil a year to have that stupid thumb. And how is having literal nazi an improvement over before?
You ARE naive if you think neocons care about democracy or well-being of anyone they buy with empty promises. They only wanted Sevastopol, that's it.

Those $10 billions clearly wasn't going to the Ukrainians. So meh. Sure, Zelensky is a nazi. But he's so far promised to be for democracy. If he keeps that promise, he can be as nazi as he wants to be. That's how democracy works.

Sure, the driving force behind diplomacy is real-politik. If there's nothing in it for the players they're not going to play. But USA is democratic. I'd take American imperialism over Russian, any day of the week.

What stories the regime tell themselves matter. Putin is a nationalistic Tsar. The American president is officially fighting for freedom and peace. In practice, that's a big difference.

I did not say it is, They don't care either way, If Ukraine becomes great democracy and great economy fine, if they all die - fine too. All they care is to create shit for Russia.

It's Russia that created this situation by being aggressively expansionistic. If Putin makes himself USA's enemy, then USA sabotaging Russia is good for USA, and in extension USA's allies, as well as the rest of the world.

And he can't sabotage Ukraine's economy more than the kleptocrat Yanukovych was doing. So I can't see how he can fail.

As far as foreign affairs are concerned Russia's track record is orders of magnitude better than US

That's a delusional statement imho. In the Cold War Russia had way more blood on their hands. The fact that they supported communist regimes should be seen as a crime in itself. The economic system directly starves people and doomed people to miserable lives.

Not to mention the open wars fought during the cold war, where Russia fought for the other side. Yet, only USA gets shit for it. The Vietnam war of course should make Russia look just as bad as USA. Yet, USA's openness meant the propaganda was one sided turned against them. I haven't seen any pop cultural references to Russia's crimes in Vietnam. Have you? In spite the fact that that regime is still in power in Vietnam. That's all Russia's fault.

Those $10 billions clearly wasn't going to the Ukrainians. So meh. Sure, Zelensky is a nazi. But he's so far promised to be for democracy. If he keeps that promise, he can be as nazi as he wants to be. That's how democracy works.
Zelensky himself is not a nazi, even previous president-oligarch was not a nazi. Regime right after the coup was clearly nazi and US did not care as long as they are anti-russian.
$10bil/year did go to ordinary Ukrainians one way or another. Of course ukrainian oligarchs were stealing good chunk of it but for the most part these money were propping their economy.
Sure, the driving force behind diplomacy is real-politik. If there's nothing in it for the players they're not going to play. But USA is democratic. I'd take American imperialism over Russian, any day of the week.
You can take anything you want, I don't care as long as I am not paying for it. Nobody in Russia is planning to invade Sweden/Denmark.
Right now, what we have is US/EU invaded Ukraine, installed openly hostile toward Russia regime and literally making Russia pay support for it.
Yes, EU demands Russia to pay/support obscene rates on natural gas transport without any regards for economic sense.
What stories the regime tell themselves matter. Putin is a nationalistic Tsar.
So fuckinng what? Yes, he is a Tsar. Not nationalistic though. But so fucking what? Does that excuse undemocratic and based on lies NATO expansion?
The American president is officially fighting for freedom and peace. In practice, that's a big difference.
So they say. Death squads in Nicaragua/Salvador, Iran-Contras, Vietnam. History of neo-colonialism in Africa.
I did not say it is, They don't care either way, If Ukraine becomes great democracy and great economy fine,

if they all die - fine too. All they care is to create shit for Russia.

It's Russia that created this situation by being aggressively expansionistic.
Utter BS, the only thing which expanded is NATO.
If Putin makes himself USA's enemy, then USA sabotaging Russia is good for USA, and in extension USA's allies, as well as the rest of the world.
Putin has a lot of high quality support in Russia, you are literally pissing off a lot of people for no good reason other than to overthrow a guy you don't like. I don't like him myself but I can't ignore his successes and his support. And I don't like you making me pay for your stupid ideas about how Russia should be run.
And he can't sabotage Ukraine's economy more than the kleptocrat Yanukovych was doing. So I can't see how he can fail.
They sabotage it even better now.

That's a delusional statement imho. In the Cold War Russia had way more blood on their hands. The fact that they supported communist regimes should be seen as a crime in itself. The economic system directly starves people and doomed people to miserable lives.
What communist regimes? You don't know what the fuck are you talking about. They supported anti-colonialism movements in Africa and Central America which were caused by US's shitty treatment of them. You honestly believe US was fair toward Cuba before Castro? The guy before Castro was a fucking dictator.
Not to mention the open wars fought during the cold war, where Russia fought for the other side. Yet, only USA gets shit for it. The Vietnam war of course should make Russia look just as bad as USA.
No, it should not, USSR did not start it, US/France and other democratic countries did when they thought Vietnam should remain a colony.
Yet, USA's openness meant the propaganda was one sided turned against them. I haven't seen any pop cultural references to Russia's crimes in Vietnam. Have you? In spite the fact that that regime is still in power in Vietnam. That's all Russia's fault.
No, that's US fault. Vietnam did not give a fuck about communism at the time. All they wanted to stop being a french colony. They went to US for help, US said "Fuck you! you stay the way you are". And only after that they went to USSR. Your fucking fault.

You can take anything you want, I don't care as long as I am not paying for it. Nobody in Russia is planning to invade Sweden/Denmark.
Right now, what we have is US/EU invaded Ukraine, installed openly hostile toward Russia regime and literally making Russia pay support for it.
Yes, EU demands Russia to pay/support obscene rates on natural gas transport without any regards for economic sense.

Russia has been planning an invasion of Sweden for 400 years. They're traditional enemies. The Brits narrowly managed to block Russia from invading Denmark in WW2, which would have placed Denmark behind the Iron Curtain. It was very close and one of the more dramatic events of WW2.

So they say. Death squads in Nicaragua/Salvador, Iran-Contras, Vietnam. History of neo-colonialism in Africa.

Why are you giving the death squads by regimes propped up by USSR a free pass? Who, may I add, were much worse.

US neocolonialism in Africa was a direct result of USSR neocolonialist puppet regimes in Africa. They felt pressured into it, by Russia. So I think it's a bit unfair you trying to affix blame on USA for this. If you were talking about Latin America you might have a point. Or Liberia. But beyond that, you're just repeating the age old 60'ies leftist slogans, which were just parroted slogans provided by Russian propaganda. I also don't think Americans in Africa were angels. They did a lot of fucked up things. But if it wasn't for Russia, they wouldn't have gotten involved.

Putin has a lot of high quality support in Russia, you are literally pissing off a lot of people for no good reason other than to overthrow a guy you don't like. I don't like him myself but I can't ignore his successes and his support. And I don't like you making me pay for your stupid ideas about how Russia should be run.

If he's not a democratically elected leader in a free country with a free press, I don't care about his successes.

What communist regimes? You don't know what the fuck are you talking about. They supported anti-colonialism movements in Africa and Central America which were caused by US's shitty treatment of them. You honestly believe US was fair toward Cuba before Castro? The guy before Castro was a fucking dictator.

This is whataboutism. The fact that Batista was an evil scumbag propped up by USA, doesn't make Castro less of an evil scumbag. Castro was of course many times worse for Cuba than Batista ever was. The idea that Russia was helping poor oppressed workers movements is communist propaganda. Moscow bought Castro. Mengistu of Ethiopia was a complete psychopath installed by USSR in a coup orchestrated from Mascow, we near zero support from the Ethiopian people. And he was, amazingly enough, an even worse ruler than Haile Selassie. Ethiopia had, up to that point never been a colony. The regimes USSR supported in Africa turned them into puppet regimes controlled by Moscow. While not officially. Certainly in practice. Which is why they all fell apart once USSR seized to be.

I find your apologeticism for Russian/Soviet imperialism quite distasteful. The total carnage all over the developing world because of USSR is not a minor matter.

Not to mention the open wars fought during the cold war, where Russia fought for the other side. Yet, only USA gets shit for it. The Vietnam war of course should make Russia look just as bad as USA.
No, it should not, USSR did not start it, US/France and other democratic countries did when they thought Vietnam should remain a colony.

Yes, they did. Ho Chi Minh was a Russian agent and financed by Russia. Without Russia the Vietnam war wouldn't have happened. Without Russian money, Ho Chi Minh would have been a non-starter.

Kim Il-Sung was also a Russian agent. Pol Pot was put in power by China. This thing about communist regimes fighting colonialism and imperialism was just something they said. They were even more aggressively pushing imperialist agendas than the so called imperialist regimes ever did. Russia shares a lot of the guilt for the mess Africa is in right now. They share a lot of the guilt for the shittiness of Vietnam now.

Yet, USA's openness meant the propaganda was one sided turned against them. I haven't seen any pop cultural references to Russia's crimes in Vietnam. Have you? In spite the fact that that regime is still in power in Vietnam. That's all Russia's fault.
No, that's US fault. Vietnam did not give a fuck about communism at the time. All they wanted to stop being a french colony. They went to US for help, US said "Fuck you! you stay the way you are". And only after that they went to USSR. Your fucking fault.

You're making it out as if Ho Chi Minh was the inevitable first ruler of a free Vietnam. Why? Viet Minh started out as a nationalist movement, and only later became communist. Why? Well, because Russia paid for their weapons and training. They did also get money and weapons from USA. But at that point he was already a Russian agent.

Russia has been planning an invasion of Sweden for 400 years. They're traditional enemies. The Brits narrowly managed to block Russia from invading Denmark in WW2, which would have placed Denmark behind the Iron Curtain. It was very close and one of the more dramatic events of WW2.
Are you really going back 400 years ago?
Why are you giving the death squads by regimes propped up by USSR a free pass? Who, may I add, were much worse.
I never said that. You said that US was better. They were not. USSR had a few puppets going cannibals but it was not intentional.
US intentionally and knowingly supported death squads, they were so afraid of losing their dictators in Central America that death squads was lesser evil to them.

US neocolonialism in Africa was a direct result of USSR neocolonialist puppet regimes in Africa.
What does that even mean?
They felt pressured into it, by Russia.
Well, after refusing african countries have their own government and ...... democracy.
So I think it's a bit unfair you trying to affix blame on USA for this.
Yes, Europe did their part as well, assassinating democratically elected Prime Ministers.
If you were talking about Latin America you might have a point. Or Liberia. But beyond that, you're just repeating the age old 60'ies leftist slogans, which were just parroted slogans provided by Russian propaganda. I also don't think Americans in Africa were angels. They did a lot of fucked up things. But if it wasn't for Russia, they wouldn't have gotten involved.
Sorry dude, USSR did good in Africa, they made occasional mistakes of supporting assholes but overall they were on the right side of history.

If he's not a democratically elected leader in a free country with a free press, I don't care about his successes.
Look who is meddling. Why don't you meddle in Saudi Arabia?

This is whataboutism.
Not at all, I merely pointing out actual motives behind action of the West which have nothing to do with democracy and kumbaya. It's all about money. US did not care that they were supporting a dictator as long as he was THEIR dictator.
The fact that Batista was an evil scumbag propped up by USA, doesn't make Castro less of an evil scumbag.
I never said otherwise. But Castro is a result of US actions. Fact is, Castro honestly thought that US would support him, and only when they had not he looked at the map and found USSR. He was no communist. Same story as in Vietnam. YOU created all that shit.
Castro was of course many times worse for Cuba than Batista ever was. The idea that Russia was helping poor oppressed workers movements is communist propaganda. Moscow bought Castro. Mengistu of Ethiopia was a complete psychopath installed by USSR in a coup orchestrated from Mascow, we near zero support from the Ethiopian people. And he was, amazingly enough, an even worse ruler than Haile Selassie. Ethiopia had, up to that point never been a colony. The regimes USSR supported in Africa turned them into puppet regimes controlled by Moscow. While not officially. Certainly in practice. Which is why they all fell apart once USSR seized to be.

I find your apologeticism for Russian/Soviet imperialism quite distasteful. The total carnage all over the developing world because of USSR is not a minor matter.
There was no soviet imperialism. Total carnage is a result of western colonialism.

Yes, they did. Ho Chi Minh was a Russian agent and financed by Russia. Without Russia the Vietnam war wouldn't have happened. Without Russian money, Ho Chi Minh would have been a non-starter.
Bullcrap, all that dude wanted it to get independence and West collectively denied it because they wanted to keep their colonies.
Kim Il-Sung was also a Russian agent. Pol Pot was put in power by China. This thing about communist regimes fighting colonialism and imperialism was just something they said. They were even more aggressively pushing imperialist agendas than the so called imperialist regimes ever did. Russia shares a lot of the guilt for the mess Africa is in right now. They share a lot of the guilt for the shittiness of Vietnam now.

You're making it out as if Ho Chi Minh was the inevitable first ruler of a free Vietnam. Why? Viet Minh started out as a nationalist movement, and only later became communist. Why? Well, because Russia paid for their weapons and training. They did also get money and weapons from USA. But at that point he was already a Russian agent.
Because USSR did not invade Vietnam. That's what vietnamese dude in America told me.

All your arguments are essentially "We are the good guys so we can do any shit we want"
Let me tell you something, such logic will never work. It just does not.

In conclusion, USSR was a shitty country which preferred to oppress their own citizens as opposed to foreigners which were simply bought with all kind of help. Whereas Western "democracies" preferred to keep all these great developments/achievements for themselves and dirty banana republics were not worthy and should be ruled by dictators.

Now, back to Trumpo. This former KGB agent who is no dissident (left KGB AFTER USSR dissolution) is full of shit.
Nobody had cultivated him for more than 15 minutes, let alone 40 years. And fuck that piece of shit former KGB agent.
Whole thing is just conspiracy theory not much better than jewish space lasers.

I never said that. You said that US was better. They were not. USSR had a few puppets going cannibals but it was not intentional.
US intentionally and knowingly supported death squads, they were so afraid of losing their dictators in Central America that death squads was lesser evil to them.

Yes, I said that and I stand by it. What makes Soviet cold war crimes different from USA's is the western free press and their ability to report on it. But this was only while they were going on. When the regimes fell after the fall of USSR, all the communist crimes surfaced and we learned of the reality of it. Way worse than the American supported fascist regimes. By far. The fascist regimes at least had a free market. The communist regimes often destroyed the lives of dissenter's entire families. I have been in a Nicaraguan torture centre used by the communist regime. They're museums now. You can go and see for yourself.

US neocolonialism in Africa was a direct result of USSR neocolonialist puppet regimes in Africa.

What does that even mean?

After WW2 all the great powers except France and Portugal were dismantling their empires. This created a power vacuum in those countries. Something that the USSR immediately tried to exploit to set up their own puppet regimes. Using the same tried and tested methods they used in Eastern Europe. USA and allies saw what was happening and moved in to block the USSR from effectively taking over the entire developing world. Which was a real risk.

The Domino Theory didn't come from thin air. We can discuss how big of a risk it was and how likely USSR was to take over all of Africa. But you can't deny it was happening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domin...domino theory was a,follow in a domino effect.

They felt pressured into it, by Russia.
Well, after refusing african countries have their own government and ...... democracy.

We can debate the ethics of the methods used by USA. But in many of the cases they saved African countries from becoming Soviet puppet states. While Mobotu was a horrendous dictator in Zaire/DRC. Would a communist Soviet puppet dictator been better? If those are your only choices I'm not sure USA needs to be ashamed of themselves.

Again, I'm not defending all of USA's actions during the Cold War. They did a lot of questionable things. But right now we're comparing the guilt of USA to that of USSR. And in that comparison USA wins, IMHO.

Sorry dude, USSR did good in Africa, they made occasional mistakes of supporting assholes but overall they were on the right side of history.

Challenge accepted. Name one of the African Soviet puppet states... I mean... states under the protection of USSR in Africa... that wasn't a complete disaster? These all came to power with Soviet money and Soviet weapons in revolutions orchestrated by Moscow. I'll argue that everything USSR touched in Africa turned to absolute shit. After King Leopold and AIDS, I think USSR was the worst thing that ever came to Africa. And once USSR disappeared the corrupt and unpopular communist dictators had trouble staying in power.

Look who is meddling. Why don't you meddle in Saudi Arabia?

Again, it's whataboutism. Russia is a bigger problem for the world than Saudi Arabia. That's why the focus is on Russia.

BTW, the west did meddle in Saudi Arabia. That's why the Saud family took power in it.

Not at all, I merely pointing out actual motives behind action of the West which have nothing to do with democracy and kumbaya. It's all about money. US did not care that they were supporting a dictator as long as he was THEIR dictator.

I actually do think it was about democracy. Or rather to protect democracy in the west. To deny the two communist super powers to take over the world. It's the same reason the west is trying to stop Putin now.

There was no soviet imperialism.

You're delusional. You mean like all the Eastern European countries in the Warsaw pact were free to pursue whatever policies they wanted? The communist dictator of Hungary constantly tried to escape Soviet control, but couldn't. Albania allied with China, to protect themselves from USSR.

Just because the Soviets used Orwellian Newspeak doesn't mean it wasn't an empire. It was an empire in practice.

Bullcrap, all that dude wanted it to get independence and West collectively denied it because they wanted to keep their colonies.

You're naive. Once the communists took power in Vietnam they destroyed it. They were much freer under the French. I'm not defending colonialism here. I'm just pointing out that it was a war between Russia and USA and it would have been better for the Vietnamese if USA would have won.

But that doesn't excuse the setting up of a Russian communist puppet state in Vietnam. How is that in any way better? How is that not just more colonialism?

Because USSR did not invade Vietnam. That's what vietnamese dude in America told me.

They certainly bankrolled the Vietnamese army.

All your arguments are essentially "We are the good guys so we can do any shit"
Let me tell you something, such logic will never work. It just does not.

That has not been my arguments. But your arguments seem mostly to be to deny reality outright, and just endlessly repeat the Soviet propaganda, that was NEVER true.

In conclusion, USSR was a shitty country which preferred to oppress their own citizens as opposed to foreigners which were simply bought with all kind of help. Whereas Western "democracies" preferred to keep all these great developments/achievements for themselves and dirty banana republics were not worthy and should be ruled by dictators.

That's the lamest and laziest post-colonial analysis I've ever seen. You're confusing colonialism with post-colonialism. Two distinct phases in western meddling in the world. Secondly I don't think oppressed people in general cared who oppressed them. People who are oppressed and who have had their freedoms removed, aren't free. Regardless of the colour of the guy oppressing them. But you're trying to make that out as a huge difference. The communist dictators propped up with USSR were also dictators. These regimes were awful. In almost every case much worse than the fascist regimes USA supported. There's a couple of exceptions. But very few.

It is amazing how the Soviet Union managed in the 1960'ies and 1970'ies to almost completely fool the left in the west with their propaganda. But that was always lies. And you're just repeating those lies. Sensible people knew it was lies in the 60'ies, and 70'ies to. And now today, we all know it was lies. Everybody except you.

Whole thing is just conspiracy theory not much better than jewish space lasers.

...but a little bit better.
Being something that is incontrovertibly evident helps with that.

DrZoidberg, as I said, Dearh squads were the good guys, it was all for the better.
Democratically elected Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan, sure! They were all fighting for freedom, especially for women.

Sorry, you are not doing good job defending colonialism.

DrZoidberg, as I said, Dearh squads were the good guys, it was all for the better.
Democratically elected Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan, sure! They were all fighting for freedom, especially for women.

I'm not defending colonialism. Far from it. Me pointing out that Soviet imperialism caused more damage than what USA did, isn't defending colonialism. I can't believe you are in complete denial about Soviet war crimes around the world. They have an awful track record. Among the worst imperialist power in history. Let's just be grateful it only lasted 70 years.

I'm not defending colonialism. Far from it. Me pointing out that Soviet imperialism caused more damage than what USA did, isn't defending colonialism. I can't believe you are in complete denial about Soviet war crimes around the world. They have an awful track record. Among the worst imperialist power in history. Let's just be grateful it only lasted 70 years.
I disagree, first of all it was called "internationalism". Second of all, as I have explained, Unlike USA, USSR have never initiated anything. It would always start with the West/USA creating shit and only then, popular movements would turn to USSR for help. And USSR was always ready to oblige, even when people in Russia were starving. I already told you, Castro went to US for help first, US refused because he dared to kick out shit from US out of Cuba. Now, you can bitch about how badly Castro screwed the country, But reality is, it was US and their illegal and frivolous sanctions what did the job. For fucks's sake, US refused to buy sugar from Cuba and used fructose poison from corn. How many Americans died from these stupid sanctions?

Basically, Russian Federation plus Ukraine and Belarus were feeding the rest of Soviet Union, Warsaw Pact and all the popular anti-colonialism movement around the World. US/West had very different strategy, they were stealing from their colonies. It's no surprise that it was not sustainable economic model for USSR. And this shit continued after USSR dissolved. Russia were helping left and right to Ukraine,Belarus,Armenia, etc. I don't really know why. Well, I know why, they were trying to buy friends, it just clear to me it never works.

Remember Oil Crisis? Soviet Union made $100bil on that (in 70s dollars). All that money were wasted on Africa/Middle East and Central America

I disagree, first of all it was called "internationalism". Second of all, as I have explained, Unlike USA, USSR have never initiated anything. It would always start with the West/USA creating shit and only then, popular movements would turn to USSR for help. And USSR was always ready to oblige, even when people in Russia were starving. I already told you, Castro went to US for help first, US refused because he dared to kick out shit from US out of Cuba. Now, you can bitch about how badly Castro screwed the country, But reality is, it was US and their illegal and frivolous sanctions what did the job. For fucks's sake, US refused to buy sugar from Cuba and used fructose poison from corn. How many Americans died from these stupid sanctions?

Basically, Russian Federation plus Ukraine and Belarus were feeding the rest of Soviet Union, Warsaw Pact and all the popular anti-colonialism movement around the World. US/West had very different strategy, they were stealing from their colonies. It's no surprise that it was not sustainable economic model for USSR. And this shit continued after USSR dissolved. Russia were helping left and right to Ukraine,Belarus,Armenia, etc. I don't really know why. Well, I know why, they were trying to buy friends, it just clear to me it never works.

Remember Oil Crisis? Soviet Union made $100bil on that (in 70s dollars). All that money were wasted on Africa/Middle East and Central America

Russia propping upp useful potential dictators and helping them win insurrections and uprisings they would never have won without Soviet aid, isn't Russia being heroic and helping out.

Do you think a single one of the communist fighters were fighting for dictatorship? They were all fighting for democracy and liberal freedoms. Russia trained their chosen communist elite in how to derail the democratic movement once they had the military power.

And in every case they destroyed the economy and turned violently repressive.

Colonialism wasn't stealing. Well, in some cases it was. But the colonies were all very different, and you are talking about them as if they are all the same. The reason Great Britain dismantled their empire was because at no point did the empire benefit Great Britain economicaly. After WW2 they were broke and couldn't afford to keep it. If their colonies benefited Great Britain, don't you think they'd kept it when they were broke?

What you call stealing was attempts to make the colonies, in some way or another, pay for themselves.

The problem was that the colonies had so undeveloped economies when the colonialists took over it would take 100+ years to get them on a level where it was possible to steal anything.

Because the colonial powers were in such a hurry to make money quickly they instead just wrecked the current power structures and created a godawful mess instead. Making the colonies economies worse. The problem was that they didn't themselves understand what the recipe was to create a flourishing economy. And it's this damage that the ex colonies are still struggling with today.

In every case communists with Russian aid took over they made a bad problem worse. In what way would you call what USSR was doing" helping"? Apart from the dictators Russia helped to power, who in those countries benefitted?

I'm aware the Soviet dictators starved their own population in order to spread their empire. Just as the dictators they propped up starved their own population. How is that an argument for that what they were doing is, defined as "helping"? What population in these countries were helped? Not to mention the godawful mess in the countries where there was a communist "liberation" army that failed to take power. Just an ever ongoing terror campaign, funded by USSR, preventing their countries to ever rise financially. Its no mystery why the entire developing world's economy expanded quickly between 1990 and now. Its because USSR disappeared. They ruined most of the world. For no benefit to anyone other than a handful of dictators. They were one of the worst things ever to happen to humanity. A true scurge

Soviet leaders believed their own shit 100%. Hell, even capitalists believed their shit, that's why they invented Cold War, they were afraid that Socialism was a better system and winning. I am talking about 50s to early 70s here.
Great Britain/US were stealing Iranian oil, there can't be any doubt about that.
And I am sorry but I have to insist, US is largely responsible for mess in Central America.

Soviet leaders believed their own shit 100%. Hell, even capitalists believed their shit, that's why they invented Cold War, they were afraid that Socialism was a better system and winning. I am talking about 50s to early 70s here.
Great Britain/US were stealing Iranian oil, there can't be any doubt about that.
And I am sorry but I have to insist, US is largely responsible for mess in Central America.

I agree that USA is guilty about the problems in the Americas, ignoring human rights abuses. But it's still whataboutism.

Even if USA was Hitler, it still doesn't excuse USSR extreme war crimes. Its been said many times that USSR did more damage to the world than Germany, even with both world wars combined.

I don't care if the Soviet leaders believed their own bullshit. They had an incentive to believe it, since it made them Kings.

BTW, I don't think they really believed in communism after Stalin. After Stalin they all lived lives of luxury. Brezschnev had brothels set up so he could party. If they truly believed in communism why wasn't there a free press? Why the oppression? I think chances are only Stalin ever truly believed. But he was a lunatic

FYI, Mao famously stopped believing in communism before even having taken power. Many associates quoted him saying it. Off the record of course. For him it was all about power. He wanted to be an emperor with a harem. There's reason to believe Lenin and Trotsky also didn't really believe in it.

What do you mean capitalists believed their own shit? Capitalism actually works. It's not a false belief.

Yes, they were afraid that socialism was a better system and winning. That is correct. But it was based on Soviet propaganda. The Soviets knew they were lying. So why are you defending them? These communist fighters around the world were encouraged by the Russian lies about how great communism is. According to Russian propaganda. You don't think USSR has anything to be ashamed of?

You confuse 50-60s with late 70s-80s.
No, they really believed they were good guys and capitalists were the bad guys.
Capitalists, let alone ordinary people in the West, were not that sure in Capitalism. They were really scared and hence overreaction in the form of Cold War and violent stamping out all these movements around the world.

You confuse 50-60s with late 70s-80s.
No, they really believed they were good guys and capitalists were the bad guys.
Capitalists, let alone ordinary people in the West, were not that sure in Capitalism. They were really scared and hence overreaction in the form of Cold War and violent stamping out all these movements around the world.

In the 1950'ies USSR was run by a psychopathic paranoic. Who held on to power by terrorizing everybody, including those close to him. Russian actions around the world reflected this. Soviet support to revolutionaries around the world was all about amassing personal power to Stalin because he was nuts. He used whatever methods was at his disposal.

After Stalin's death in 1955 they did their best to undue Stalin's damage. But the Soviet leaders at that point were already drunk with power. So they kept going with it. But with a bit less zeal.

I don't care whether they believed they were the good guys. They had to tell themselves that story or they were all evil for supporting Stalin. They weren't good guys. They were the purest evil humanity has ever seen. Everyone thinks they're the good guys. Even the evil people.

They were less evil in the 1970'ies because Russia was falling apart. By weakening their own country they had robbed themselves of their ability to buy puppet dictators.

The starved their own people to amass power for the Soviet elites.

Please don't defend them. There is nothing admirable about these people

Stalin died in 1953. I remember because there was a movie called "Cold summer of 1953"
I don't defend anybody, I attack everyone including american neocons.
Soviet Union was kicking ass in the 50s and 60s.

Stalin died in 1953. I remember because there was a movie called "Cold summer of 1953"
I don't defend anybody, I attack everyone including american neocons.
Soviet Union was kicking ass in the 50s and 60s.

And Hitler was kicking ass in the 30'ies. So what? That doesn't make them good people, nor effective rulers.

I think it sounds a lot like you are defending the actions of the Soviet rulers. Pretending that they were only helping ex-colonials throw off the colonial yoke. Just as little as China is "helping" Africa today. It's the same method. Slowly, little by little, by controlling the purse strings, taking over the government. While not officially, certainly in practice. USSR never did any favours to anyone, and neither is China.

I don't defend. I am just being fair. Unlike Hitler, Stalin&Co were not interested in expansion and exterminating jews and other non-Aryan races.

Back
Top Bottom