• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Mike Pompeo says he is not running for president in 2024 | CNN Politics
“This isn’t our moment,” he said on Fox News, saying that it was a "deeply personal decision."
“I think Americans are thirsting for people making arguments, not just tweets. I think they’re looking for someone who can clearly articulate their vision for what parents ought to be doing to help their kids be successful in schools and how we take back crime from our streets and cities,” Pompeo said.

He continued, “I don’t know if that will end up being President Trump that the American people choose or if that’s who our party will choose to be its nominee. But I’m hopeful it will be those debates about real arguments, things that really matter.”

In a written statement, Pompeo left open the possibility of a run in the future and said, “There remain many more opportunities for which the timing might be more fitting as presidential leadership becomes even more necessary.”
For some reason, just about every Presidential candidate has literary ambitions.
More recently, he toured earlier this year for his book, “Never Give an Inch: Fighting for the America I Love,” in which he claimed former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley plotted with Trump’s daughter Ivanka and his son-in-law Jared Kushner to try to become Trump’s vice president.
Was that back in 2016?
On whether he would back someone in the GOP 2024 primary, Pompeo said he would “see how it plays out” and said he may not endorse Trump.

“I want to find that person who cannot only talk about the things that matter to every family in America but who can actually build an organization, create a team and deliver that for the American people. That’s what matters to me. And when I figure out who that right person is, I will, like I’ve always done in my life, I’ll get behind him and do everything I can to help him.”

Pro-Trump ad attacks ‘pudding fingers’ Ron DeSantis
notes
MAGA War Room on Twitter: "Pudding Fingers (vid link)" / Twitter
Showing someone eating pudding with his fingers, and saying that Ron DeSantis "backed deep cuts to Social Security and Medicare", "voted to cut Social Security 3 times", and wants to "raise the retirement age to 70"

“Ron DeSantis loves sticking his fingers where they don't belong. ... Tell Ron DeSantis to keep his pudding fingers off his money. And oh, somebody get this man a spoon.”

Also noting
Ron DeSantis’ Aloof Persona, Odd Demands Already Impacting 2024 Race
From Yahoo,
A former staffer for Mr DeSantis told The Daily Beast at the time that Mr DeSantis would, allegedly, often eat in front of people, even in meetings.

According to the staffer, Mr DeSantis enjoyed a chocolate pudding dessert by eating it with three of his fingers while on a private flight from Tallahassee to Washington DC.

Every Trump suggested budget over 4 years demanded deep cuts in Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, ACA and many government programs. Medicare was to be slashed by 3 hundred billions or more. Now Trump has done a 180 on his four year budget plan. If elected in 2024 would Trump flip again?

Biden has confirmed he is running again.

Fuck.

fuck
fuck
fuck.

Can't the Democrats find someone who isn't an ancient neolib? An old white guy? Please.

Anybody but the old guard. I've held my nose and voted for those dumbasses, but I might not bother in the next election.
Tom

Fuck.

fuck
fuck
fuck.

Can't the Democrats find someone who isn't an ancient neolib? An old white guy? Please.

Anybody but the old guard. I've held my nose and voted for those dumbasses, but I might not bother in the next election.
Tom
I see this sort of thing a lot. I don't understand it. You want to throw away our greatest chance of retaining the presidency.

Fuck.

fuck
fuck
fuck.

This is Biden's ego not letting him admit what is obvious to a lot of us and what is best for the rest of the country. He had a good first term so far, but, if he lives to run in 2024, he becomes a risk for winning the election and serving another full term. He won't be as electable against a younger candidate like Ron DeSantis. Americans will see anybody but Trump as another "what the heck give him a chance" candidate, just like Trump was in 2016 for so many voters. It is unlikely that Democratic voters who don't want Biden to run will rally behind a single alternative, so few will bother to challenge Biden unless his health visibly fails him in the coming months.

Tom

It's your vote to do with what you want. However, you'll just be letting other people make the choice for you. That was a horrible mistake in 2016, and abstainers in swing states ended up owning the choice of other voters--Donald Trump.

He could still be primaried ... in theory anyhow.
If he represents such a low bar, someone else ought to be able to clear it.

Pro-Trump ad attacks ‘pudding fingers’ Ron DeSantis
notes
MAGA War Room on Twitter: "Pudding Fingers (vid link)" / Twitter
Showing someone eating pudding with his fingers, and saying that Ron DeSantis "backed deep cuts to Social Security and Medicare", "voted to cut Social Security 3 times", and wants to "raise the retirement age to 70"

“Ron DeSantis loves sticking his fingers where they don't belong. ... Tell Ron DeSantis to keep his pudding fingers off his money. And oh, somebody get this man a spoon.”

Also noting
Ron DeSantis’ Aloof Persona, Odd Demands Already Impacting 2024 Race
From Yahoo,
A former staffer for Mr DeSantis told The Daily Beast at the time that Mr DeSantis would, allegedly, often eat in front of people, even in meetings.

According to the staffer, Mr DeSantis enjoyed a chocolate pudding dessert by eating it with three of his fingers while on a private flight from Tallahassee to Washington DC.
Always nice to have a non-newtonian fluid on you when you're such a target!

He could still be primaried ... in theory anyhow.
If he represents such a low bar, someone else ought to be able to clear it.

He's the incumbent, which makes it a high bar for any challenger. If there are multiple challengers, the bar gets even higher.

He's the incumbent, which makes it a high bar for any challenger.
Hmph. Trump was the incumbent when Biden beat him. Anyone challenging Biden only has to give good and convincing reason to believe that they will be even more certain to beat Trump again, than Biden with the advantage of incumbency vs Trump without.

I hope that trend continues, would much rather Biden go against Trump than Desantis.

Hmph. Trump was the incumbent when Biden beat him. Anyone challenging Biden only has to give good and convincing reason to believe that they will be even more certain to beat Trump again, than Biden with the advantage of incumbency vs Trump without.

I was speaking about Democratic challengers to the Democratic nomination. The general election is something else.

If Biden ends up with the nomination anyway, any effort spent wearing him down in the primaries weakens the Demos.

Anyway the only candidates likely to fare better than Biden in the General are Newsome and Whitmer. The best way to pick between these two is left as an exercise. One option would be for Kamala to stand down and Gavin and Gretchen organize a V.P. candidates' debate in Ohio, New Hampshire and/or Calinkey. We stand with Joe, but at the first sign of weakening we should draw on the bullpen.

I was speaking about Democratic challengers to the Democratic nomination. The general election is something else.
True. It all holds even more for the primary; any Dem hopeful will have to bring a whole lot of firepower to convince primary voters that they have a better chance of beating Trump than Joe does. An extremely heavy lift.

Biden lags recent Democratic presidents in declaring re-election campaign
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. President Joe Biden is running again, he and White House officials insist, he is just not ready to announce it yet.

The expected date for Biden, 80, to make his 2024 presidential plans official slipped after the State of the Union address in February to months later as the apparent advantages of racing into campaign season seemed limited, according to Biden aides and allies.
When incumbent Presidents announced re-election runs:
  • Donald Trump: June 18, 2019
  • Barack Obama: April 4, 2011
  • George Bush II: May 16, 2003
  • Bill Clinton: April 14, 1995
  • George Bush I: October 11, 1991
  • Ronald Reagan: October 17, 1983
  • Jimmy Carter: December 4, 1979
  • Gerald Ford: July 8, 1975
  • Richard Nixon: January 5, 1972
  • Lyndon Baines Johnson: (early 1964; the first primary was on March 10 of that year)
So President Biden is not unusually slow.

Trump is siding with woke Disney against Desantis. And it's "DeSanctus" now. Is that supposed to be short for DeSanctimonious? Is he still trying to make that happen?

Screenshot_20230418_171832.jpg

link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom