• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Sanders forgoes 2024 bid, endorses Biden | The Hill
noting
Bernie Sanders endorses Biden, rules out 2024 bid of his own | AP News

He said he would
“do everything I can to see the president is reelected.”

“The last thing this country needs is a Donald Trump or some other right-wing demagogue who is going to try to undermine American democracy or take away a woman’s right to choose, or not address the crisis of gun violence, or racism, sexism or homophobia,” Sanders said in an interview. “So, I’m in to do what I can to make sure that the president is reelected.”
JB is being challenged by Marianne Williamson, a progressive, and RFK Jr., an anti-vaxxer with the Kennedy name.
“People will do what they want to do,” Sanders said of other potential primary challenges. “I think Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee. And my job, and I think the progressive movement’s job, is to make certain that he stands up and fights for the working class of this country and does not take anything for granted.”
BS is 81 years older, a year more than JB, and he is not likely to seek the Presidency again.
“Running for president was a wonderful privilege,” Sanders said. “I enjoyed it very much and I hope we had some impact on the nature of American politics. But right now, my job is to do what I can as chairman of the (Health, Education, Labor and Pensions) committee, to see Biden gets reelected and to see what I can do to help transform policy in America to help protect the needs of workers.”
Nothing on whether he will run for the Senate again in 2024.

Bernie makes way for whipper snapper Joe, LOL.

81 year old Bernie Sanders is going to forgoe another bid at becoming president and endorse 80 year old Brandon. Hilarious. Two old geezers sticking together. WTF, shades of Tales From The Crypt, Cocoon vibes, man.

Can’t you take out your anger by punching a kangaroo or something? I thought you guys were busy saving Sheilas from salties and wrestling with sharks, but now I find out you’re fretting about oligarchs fighting for control of a government on the other side of the planet … I hate disillusionment.
Kangaroos fight back, Koalas scratch, wombats charge, cassowaries kick out. Its a jungle out there in the Australian bush

I hear you now have tree climbing land jellies - little irukandjis that can just drop in on you.

Gawd, but the Right are so picked on and persecuted and have to endure nasty names one-tenth of one percent as mean-spirited as the hateful bile they’re constantly puking everywhere they can.

And they call Lefties “snowflake.”
Jesus titty-fucking Christ on a Vespa.

NOAA is predicting fewer hurricanes this season, but that the hurricanes we will get will be big and very powerful. If Florida gets clobbered, DeSantis will be put to a severe test. Will DeSantis be up to it? Will he still be on the campaign trail while Florida suffers?

Bernie makes way for whipper snapper Joe, LOL.

81 year old Bernie Sanders is going to forgoe another bid at becoming president and endorse 80 year old Brandon. Hilarious. Two old geezers sticking together. WTF, shades of Tales From The Crypt, Cocoon vibes, man.
You really haven't been paying attention have you?

That is disgusting. What a pathetic, juvenile and mean-spirited thing to write about any woman.
What kind of person does that?
It's a reference to her well-known sexual relationship with former mayor of SF Willie Brown when he was 60 and she 29. He also helped her career along.
We discussed that during the primaries.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3793a8f9-5466-4ba8-a6fd-d9f21c9809c1_960x540.jpeg

This forum is chock full of insults put out on politicians, particularly Trump and his family. Don’t start getting all prissy about name calling now.
Yes, there is a lot of double-standards on this forum about that.

Sky News Australia has a hilarious take on the latest word salad from Kamala "heels up" Harris, Vice President of the United States and 2024 running mate of President Joe Biden;
That was pretty bad. Here's a clean video without commentary:

One wonders how she managed to win any jury trials ...

Sky Down Under said:
US Vice President Kamala Harris is “absolutely” the worse communicator, according to Sky News host Liz Storer. “Feast your eyes on this latest word salad from the Vice President of the United States of America,” she said. “What is this woman smoking?”
Worse than who? I think the word they want is "worst".

Saying that she is past her prime, as Don Lemon did, is absolute bullshit. She is very likely past her reproductive years, yes, but not more generally.
Indeed. She is also past her prime if she wanted to be an athlete. But as far as advanced political office, 50s are pretty much the prime age, and she is at the start of it.
Not that she has much chance in the primaries. Although, if the Trump takes out DeSantis (although he is doing a helluva good job at that himself) and is then removed himself from the chess board (say due to a conviction or a heart attack or stroke) the field would be wide open, and no telling who would prevail.

Anyway the only candidates likely to fare better than Biden in the General are Newsome and Whitmer.
I will give you Whitmer, but I do not think Gov. Goodhair would play well in the general. Him pushing for hundreds of thousands of dollars in racial reparations will not sit well with independents or even many Dems. Particularly in the "blue wall" states Hillary lost and Biden regained.
Also, his name is Newsom, not Newsome.

The best way to pick between these two is left as an exercise.
giphy.gif

That is disgusting. What a pathetic, juvenile and mean-spirited thing to write about any woman.
What kind of person does that?
It's a reference to her well-known sexual relationship with former mayor of SF Willie Brown when he was 60 and she 29. He also helped her career along.
We discussed that during the primaries.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3793a8f9-5466-4ba8-a6fd-d9f21c9809c1_960x540.jpeg

It is well-referenced in smear campaigns against her. It is still a vile slur against women generally that they use sex to advance their careers, and that explains their success. It is true that Brown helped her career, but he helped a lot of Democrats with their careers. Many of them were women that he didn't end up having affairs with. He helped her career both before and after they broke up. She actually helped her own career far more than he did. That's how she ended up winning election as attorney general of California and to the Senate and ultimately being chosen as Biden's running mate. BTW, he also helped her career. Funny how that works--Democrats helping Democrats with their careers.

It is well-referenced in smear campaigns against her.
I guess the problem is that he wasn’t paying her?

But don't expect Derec or TSwizzle to dwell on Trump having extramarital affairs and sex with prostitutes and then paying the women to keep their mouths shut about it. Nope. Kamala Harris had an openly publicized affair with an older male Democratic politician in the 1990s, and they can't stop talking enough about that as if it were relevant to evaluate her suitability for office in 2024.

But don't expect Derec or TSwizzle to dwell on Trump having extramarital affairs and sex with prostitutes and then paying the women to keep their mouths shut about it. Nope. Kamala Harris had an openly publicized affair with an older male
To be more than fair, I and other centrists do harp on Trump’s debauchery, abuse of women and bungling attempts to hide it, rather relentlessly.
So it’s predictable and should be accepted, when the RW extremists try to make similar hay out of a relatively innocuous and non-clandestine affair by a Democrat. Especially if they’re female and not the proper lily white color. It’s what they do.

But don't expect Derec or TSwizzle to dwell on Trump having extramarital affairs and sex with prostitutes and then paying the women to keep their mouths shut about it. Nope. Kamala Harris had an openly publicized affair with an older male
To be more than fair, I and other centrists do harp on Trump’s debauchery, abuse of women and bungling attempts to hide it, rather relentlessly.
So it’s predictable and should be accepted, when the RW extremists try to make similar hay out of a relatively innocuous and non-clandestine affair by a Democrat. Especially if they’re female and not the proper lily white color. It’s what they do.

The only thing I disagree with is that it should be accepted. No, a tactic like this that shouldn't get a pass. They should be called on the hypocrisy.

Why Joe Biden and Donald Trump might skip presidential debates in 2024 - Vox
Neither President Joe Biden nor former President Donald Trump, the leading presidential candidates for their respective parties, seems to have any plans to participate in primary debates in 2024.

The Democratic National Committee isn’t organizing any debates, which has drawn condemnation from Biden’s two Democratic challengers — anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Marianne Williamson, who also sought the nomination in 2020 — as well as from some figures on the right, including Georgia Republican Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene.
Imagine having to agree with MTG on something.
And Trump signaled on his social network TruthSocial Tuesday that he wouldn’t be participating in the GOP primary debates. “I see that everybody is talking about the Republican Debates, but nobody got my approval, or the approval of the Trump Campaign, before announcing them,” he wrote. “When you’re leading by seemingly insurmountable numbers, and you have hostile Networks with angry, TRUMP & MAGA hating anchors asking the ‘questions,’ why subject yourself to being libeled and abused?”

Fact Check: Do Democrats Plan to 'Cancel' Presidential Primary Debates?
The Democratic Party has "no plans" to sponsor primary debates, a decision that has been condemned by anti-COVID vaccination candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is also seeking the party's 2024 nomination, according to The Washington Post.

Newsweek reached out to the Democratic Party asking for confirmation that there won't be any debates.

The Calvin Coolidge Project on Twitter: "🚨Just in: The Democrat Party doesn't plan on holding any primary Debates in 2024. (pic link)" / Twitter
Calvin Coolidge was President over 1923 - 1929 and at one point he stated "After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world. " -- Calvin Coolidge - Wikiquote

Then,
Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 on Twitter: "How are Democrat voters ok with this?..." / Twitter
How are Democrat voters ok with this?

Your own party is telling you that you have no choice and they refuse to even give you a choice.

They should just go ahead and call themselves the Democrat Communist Party.

Back
Top Bottom