• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

DeSantis visited DC today.

Didn't go so well though.

Hasn't been going well lately really. He's even losing Florida Republicans to Trump.

Do we really want a president whose platform is a psychpathic hatred of Disney, of harassing Disney as his major policy goal? Disney delenda est!
Obviously not. But it will be fine if Meatball and Cheato set about destroying each other. I don’t think either of them would stand a chance in a (free and fair) general election if held today. Hopefully, prospects will only grow worse for both of them.

Do we really want a president whose platform is a psychpathic hatred of Disney, of harassing Disney as his major policy goal? Disney delenda est!
The Republicans are the party of hate. How better to show that?

I honestly doubt that Desantis is even a hater. He's an ambitious politician who has thrown his fortunes in with the TeaParty wing of the GOP.

I'd bet a good deal that if DeSantis thought it politically advantageous to do so, he'd give big hugs to biracial dancing guys in Speedos at a Gay Pride festival. It wouldn't be so he won't. But I honestly don't think he has any principles beyond "more power for me". It's not about hate it's about ambitions.
Tom

I am not sure that is the case. DeSatan's weird fixation on destroying Disneyland is not something extremely popular, even for Florida's crazed MAGAts. His latest idea, to build a prison next to Disney's properties and make all roads to Disney properties toll roads is bizarre. He is a hater and a bizarre one at that. Meanwhile, Florida is suffering a serious crisis with property insurance. And chronic flooding issues. As if Floridans prefer harassing Disney as a major state priority. DeSatan is mentally disturbed and all of this crazy is not going to make him the obvious choice for president in 2024.

I just hope South Park is paying attention. This deserves some full scale mockery.
Food fight of the GOP candidates. Mickeyphobia. Magic Christian style table manners.

Sky News Australia has a hilarious take on the latest word salad from Kamala "heels up" Harris, Vice President of the United States and 2024 running mate of President Joe Biden;

US Vice President Kamala Harris is “absolutely” the worse communicator, according to Sky News host Liz Storer. “Feast your eyes on this latest word salad from the Vice President of the United States of America,” she said. “What is this woman smoking?”

Sky News Australia

The woman is a dope.

Biden is a senile old white geezer running against an old white/orange buffoon with bad hair.

What a sad state of affairs for politics in the USA.

I honestly doubt that Desantis is even a hater. He's an ambitious politician who has thrown his fortunes in with the TeaParty wing of the GOP.
What's the difference? It doesn't change my life what a politician believes or thinks, nor do I care. I'm their constituent, not their personal friend. What I do care about are actions, and priorities for action. In this regard, harassing a corporation for alleged thought crimes is a very dubious priority to have, and betrays the hypocrisy and lack of long-term planning typical of the MAGA lobby within the ailing Republican Party.

Kamala "heels up" Harris?
WTF?
Harris is not my favorite politician by any stretch. But this sounds like a pretty ugly, misogynistic, insult to me.
Tom

Lpetrich was questioning TSwizzle's use of the expression, which was certainly intended as an ugly, misogynistic insult. The Urban Dictionary defines the expression as:

Refers to a woman on her back, usually naked, with her legs spread and feet in the air (i.e her heels are up in the air) and ready to engage in sexual intercourse.

Lpetrich was questioning TSwizzle's use of the expression, which was certainly intended as an ugly, misogynistic insult.

Oh.
I didn't realize TSwizzle had used it.

Full Disclosure: I don't always read TSwizzle's posts very carefully.
Tom

The original:
Sky News Australia has a hilarious take on the latest word salad from Kamala "heels up" Harris, Vice President of the United States and 2024 running mate of President Joe Biden; ...

Lpetrich was questioning TSwizzle's use of the expression, which was certainly intended as an ugly, misogynistic insult.
Yes indeed.

With GOP folk falling over themselves to back Trump, we might be looking at a rematch.

Biden v Trump 2024
Older and Wrinklier

Nikki Haley: Biden will likely die within five years -- "With recent polls showing voter concern over Biden's age, Republicans are divided about whether it should be a line of attack as the 2024 race heats up."

Actuarial Life Table at the US Social Security Administration. "Life expectancy" is how many more years one is likely to live.

Joe Biden is currently 80 years old, so I decided to calculate the average probability that he will survive, starting in this year.

{2023, 1.}, {2024, 0.934432}, {2025, 0.867031}, {2026, 0.797937}, {2027, 0.727257}, {2028, 0.655704}, {2029, 0.584141}, {2030, 0.513597}

So if he gets re-elected, he has a 3/5 probability of surviving his term, a bit more optimistic than NH's estimate

By comparison, I did NH herself, and she is 51 years old.

{2023, 1.}, {2024, 0.996207}, {2025, 0.992087}, {2026, 0.987627}, {2027, 0.982818}, {2028, 0.977647}, {2029, 0.972061}, {2030, 0.966008}

Saying that she is past her prime, as Don Lemon did, is absolute bullshit. She is very likely past her reproductive years, yes, but not more generally.

I wonder what Mikey who eats up anything the Republican party dishes out said to the grand Jury yesterday. He had to have been asked about that phone call from Trump on January 6th 2021. My bet is that he ate it by covering for Trump just to leave a door open to the Whitehouse.

I wonder what Mikey who eats up anything the Republican party dishes out said to the grand Jury yesterday. He had to have been asked about that phone call from Trump on January 6th 2021. My bet is that he ate it by covering for Trump just to leave a door open to the Whitehouse.
He has no chance to ever be in the WH again. His best chance at furthering his career is to throw the bus onto Trump, climbing on top of it and jumping up and down on it to make sure it stays on top.

Don't expect any bombshell revelations, the man is a True Believer.

Back
Top Bottom