• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Republican Debate #1

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Happens a week from tonight and I just can’t wait. The AM Joe crew seem to think DeSatanist will take all the hits, whether or not Mangoman shows up (he won’t). They liken DeS to a zombie that Trump drags around as a shield, which is hilariously accurate. Unfortunately it won’t matter what kind of a shitshow the debate turns into - the faithful will call it a win for Orange, even if it alienates yet another segment of general election voters.
Anyhow, off to the store to start stocking up on popcorn substitutes. 🤗

Pedictions, comments, reactions. Bring 'em on.

I predict DeSatan will use the word Woke greater than twenty times. I don't recommend turning that into a drinking game.

I can't predict, although I agree about the woke thing, but I have read that Democrats are more excited about this debate compared to Republicans because we expect them to say a lot of things that will turn people off. For example, abortion, hatred towards gay people, the need to cut back Medicare and SS etc. I have Democratic friends who never watch debates that can't wait to see this one. So, let's get out the popcorn!

Does anyone think that MTG and company, who are attending as stand ins for Trump, will yell and scream at the other candidates?:duel: I tend to think they will, at least until they get thrown out.

Does anyone think that MTG and company, who are attending as stand ins for Trump, will yell and scream at the other candidates?:duel: I tend to think they will, at least until they get thrown out.
Hmmm. I hadn't thought about that. What a sight that would be!

I predict DeSatan will use the word Woke greater than twenty times. I don't recommend turning that into a drinking game.
And the word “narrative”.
There are a whole lot of words that could make it interesting;
Boots
Pudding
Big Lie
Steal
Biden Crime Family
Witch Hunt
Vice President
Indictments
Loser
14th

I assume they will take what civilized people call "baseline sane" positions:

> marketing combat weapons to the general public has been a disaster
> climate change is real and must be addressed
> women deserve autonomy
> we have learned that tax cuts do not pay for themselves
> overly concentrated wealth means the economy works only for those at the top level
> the financial and insurance sectors of the economy need to be regulated to prevent a recurrence of the late 80s bank failures and the '08-'09 economic armageddon
> for Christ's sake, can we leave the transgendered and their families alone?
> no one stays underwater in the polls for 11 months and then wins a Presidential election "by a landslide" in November
> it's crime, not tourism, to kick in the doors and shatter the windows of the Capitol
> the country's history really does include two and a half centuries of chattel slavery and an additional century of Jim Crow

Okay -- that's a good start, innit? Let's see how close that comes to the actual event.

So, what was the final decision?
Is Trump a Republican candidate or not?
Tom

Boots
Pudding
Big Lie
Steal
Biden Crime Family
Witch Hunt
Vice President
Indictments
Loser
14th
You've just about covered all of it. But, don't forget about how those communist atheists are taking away their religious freedom, and destroying the corporate world. Just don't mention that gay loving, communist corporation Disney that brings Florida tons of money. Oh, and immigrants are flooding the borders, bringing in enough fentanyl for the entire country.

Boots
Pudding
Big Lie
Steal
Biden Crime Family
Witch Hunt
Vice President
Indictments
Loser
14th
You've just about covered all of it. But, don't forget about how those communist atheists are taking away their religious freedom, and destroying the corporate world. Just don't mention that gay loving, communist corporation Disney that brings Florida tons of money. Oh, and immigrants are flooding the borders, bringing in enough fentanyl for the entire country.
Good call. Add fentanyl and Mickey Mouse to the list!

Fuckit, make it real interesting. A shot of battery acid every time one of them mentions policy over rhetoric.

America is dead, no one is employed, and Christianity is under attack, and inflation is the highest it has ever been.

I gave up after 5 minutes. Lies and more lies. For example, Tim Scott barking about 16% inflation. Nope! Not even close.
I wouldn't have cared about the Democrat primary. The GOP? Are you kidding? A bunch of people pretending they have a chance to overtaking Trump? From what I've read, Haley is trying to relight her Governor "moderate" cred, saying we need a new direction. And I agree, they do. The problem is, that was a great General Election position, not a primary. Haley, in my opinion, is the most electable of them on that stage, and by a long shot. I would have said she was more likely to defeat Clinton in 2020, had Clinton won in 2016.

Haley was the only person to not be tarnished with her service in the Trump Administration. That is something! But while the GOP base might have voted for her before they contracted Mad Cow Disease, they contracted Mad Cow Disease and a candidate like conservative Gov. Nikki Haley doesn't have a chance when up against The Mad Cow.

I gave up in 3 minutes, realizing that the questions were couched in RW falsehood talking points: assumptions that America is in decline, the economy sucks and Democrats will eat your babies.
It sounds after the fact, like 8 lemmings vying to be next over the cliff.
Do ANY of them realize that their political careers are OVER if they become VP to a career criminal?

I gave up in 3 minutes, realizing that the questions were couched in RW falsehood talking points: assumptions that America is in decline, the economy sucks and Democrats will eat your babies.
It sounds after the fact, like 8 lemmings vying to be next over the cliff.
Do ANY of them realize that their political careers are OVER if they become VP to a career criminal?
Wait. You mean “hang Mike Pence” isn’t a cheer of support??

Back
Top Bottom