• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Resistance™ Blocks Traffic, Fails

Hate to say it.. but I might accidently run you over with my car. I've done it before. Not on purpose. But a homeless person was wandering around on the highway, and I hit the shit out of him because it was late, dark, and there is no reasonable way I should have seen him, nor any reason to think that a pedestrian would be in the middle of the highway (just outside an airport, no less). Cops had no questions for me, let me drive home, and I never heard anything about it since (over 15 years ago). He no doubt died on the way or at the hospital. He was hit by a tank of a Dodge at about 45-50 mph. I don't feel bad, like, at all. The guy was mentally ill wandering around on the highway. I was the unlucky person that ended up damaging my car on him.

So, no permit to protest, placing yourself in immediate danger.. getting yourself killed.... I hope your family enjoys your Darwin Award.

It's sometimes difficult to parse sarcasm and facetious comments, but when I ask, "What are you going to do about it?" and the answer is "...I might accidently run you over with my car. I've done it before. ..", I see that as advocating violence.

When he goes on to tell his story of killing a man with his car, but feeling no regret because he was not legally responsible for the death, it's difficult to see it another way.

I don't see that as advocating running over protesters he disagrees with. I think he might run over any protester, by accident of course.

I don't see that as advocating running over protesters he disagrees with. I think he might run over any protester, by accident of course.
Biggest danger to the "protesters" is when they first venture onto the highway to block it, while the traffic is still moving at highway speed. I am surprised one of the idiots hasn't been collected yet.

Yes. And we still have people who refuse to see it. They will keep shouting Trump won just because America is racist (while many of the same voters who voted Trump voted Obama last time around) until Trump gets re-elected.

What's the evidence for either of you other than that you don't like BLM or resisters?

BLM, 'resisters to election results' have a right to protest but working Americans have a right to go to work and go about their daily business without obstruction.

Hate to say it.. but I might accidently run you over with my car. I've done it before. Not on purpose. But a homeless person was wandering around on the highway, and I hit the shit out of him because it was late, dark, and there is no reasonable way I should have seen him, nor any reason to think that a pedestrian would be in the middle of the highway (just outside an airport, no less). Cops had no questions for me, let me drive home, and I never heard anything about it since (over 15 years ago). He no doubt died on the way or at the hospital. He was hit by a tank of a Dodge at about 45-50 mph. I don't feel bad, like, at all. The guy was mentally ill wandering around on the highway. I was the unlucky person that ended up damaging my car on him.

So, no permit to protest, placing yourself in immediate danger.. getting yourself killed.... I hope your family enjoys your Darwin Award.

It's sometimes difficult to parse sarcasm and facetious comments, but when I ask, "What are you going to do about it?" and the answer is "...I might accidently run you over with my car. I've done it before. ..", I see that as advocating violence.

When he goes on to tell his story of killing a man with his car, but feeling no regret because he was not legally responsible for the death, it's difficult to see it another way.

A premeditated accident?

Biggest danger to the "protesters" is when they first venture onto the highway to block it, while the traffic is still moving at highway speed. I am surprised one of the idiots hasn't been collected yet.

So far, the only protester to be killed was run over by a white supremacist on a street where the speed limit was 30 mph. After running over the woman, he rammed the back of a stopped car. No one was really surprised.

Where this "protest" occurred looks like it was at a section of highway that slows down anyway. Traffic would likely be 40mph or less. Still a stupid thing to do but I think that's probably why they chose that spot and time of day. It could have turned out a tragedy if the traffic was flowing 55+. Not necessarily for these knuckleheads either.

These people (the "protesters") are deranged but let's not get crazy and wish for eight years of Trump !
I think it is very likely that #BLM protests since 2014 (Ferguson riots, Baltimore riots etc.) contributed significantly to Trump's election. And the "Resistance" is doing everything they can to ensure Trump's reelection.

Yes. And we still have people who refuse to see it. They will keep shouting Trump won just because America is racist (while many of the same voters who voted Trump voted Obama last time around) until Trump gets re-elected.
If the BLM contributed to the Trump vote, then that adds little force to "Trump won because of the racist vote" argument. Trump openly courted racists during his campaign. Whether that made a difference or not in the 3 swing states, we don't know. I don't think it is the primary cause, but it may have been a contributing factor.

So far, the only protester to be killed was run over by a white supremacist on a street where the speed limit was 30 mph. After running over the woman, he rammed the back of a stopped car. No one was really surprised.

But that was no accident. Entirely different to morons stepping into the path of freeway traffic.

But that was no accident. Entirely different to morons stepping into the path of freeway traffic.

And yet, it looks a lot like an accident. Actual incontrovertible accidents, where a car plows into a crowd, are quite common. Sometimes the line can be a little blurry. No one was injured in the freeway protests, so we can deduce the protesters exercised enough judgment to leave motorists enough time to slow down and avoid an accident. Or, at least give them enough time to decide if it were possible to run over a person because of a political disagreement, and make it look like an accident.

There is a cheap fiction cliche, seen in old movies, where the small time gangster visits the small time business, to sell his particular kind of insurance. His sales pitch is always the same, "It would be a shame if three was some kind of accident." The use of the word "accident" as a threat, is a familiar use of the word.

I doubt anyone who is warning protesters that they may become accident victims for obstructing traffic, would feel the same if the driver of a car a mile down the highway, failed to see traffic slowing down, and ran into the rear of another car.

And yet, it looks a lot like an accident. {snip}

What are you babbling on about ?

^^ was no accident.

And yet, it looks a lot like an accident. {snip}

What are you babbling on about ?

^^ was no accident.

Please read my post again. If this not sufficiently clear, perhaps you could rephrase your question in a way which would allow me to clarify the babbling.

I never claimed the Charlottesville incident was not an accident. However, if the only evidence was the much repeated video, there would be no proof it was not an accident.

Back
Top Bottom