• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The So-Called President is ILLITERATE.

There's one bright side to this Trump thing.

It's the idea that you can be an utter imbecile and still become the leader of the free-world. This is a real confidence booster for people who actually know what they're doing.
Tell that to Albert Gore

It's the idea that you can be an utter imbecile and still become the leader of the free-world. This is a real confidence booster for people who actually know what they're doing.
Tell that to Albert Gore

The fucker needs to be removed from office before he destroys all the government agencies and maybe starts an uncontrollable war. The guy has always been a glaring asshole. He is so thin skinned he is a menace. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is, according to H.G. Wells...a person who is mentally troubled by a strange organ in his head.

OMFG. The guy can't read. We're fucked.

The problem isn't that the president is illitterate but that his suporters are.

On that topic. I wrote "illitterate" wrong four times before auto correct gave me a pass :)

The word is out...

Or so it seems. Cheato must have gotten wind of the fact that people are saying he can't read, so he got up in front of a few select supporters and told them "I can read this!", waving paper around. He quoted the law that he thinks supports his ban (probably from memory). But he couldn't resist interspersing the recitation with his own expert legal interpretations. At one point he summarized "you can suspend, you can put restrictions, you can do whatever you want".

Waitaminit - wasn't it "When you're a star, you can do whatever you want." ? Now it's "when you're the President you can do whatever you want...".
I'm starting to hope he's stricken down, even if I have to pay Pence - er, penance.

ETA: Cheato's legal opinions are obviously held in high regard. There's a lawyer - a judge named Gorsuch ... who said that comments Trump made about the federal appeals court deliberating his travel ban were "disheartening and demoralizing," The guy who had met with him said that Gorsuch had "expressed to me that he is disheartened by the demoralizing and abhorrent comments by president trump about the judiciary."

Abhorrent. Your guy. Keep it up, Cheato, yore doin' good!

No it's not, because even so, they STILL lost. I truly think the part that's snagging a lot of people is that they honestly don't believe you can be an imbecile and still be a millionaire or billionaire.

No it's not, because even so, they STILL lost. I truly think the part that's snagging a lot of people is that they honestly don't believe you can be an imbecile and still be a millionaire or billionaire.

Yeah? I'm determined to PROVE them wrong! :D

I think Orangey can read. Didn't he tell his mob last year that his favorite book is the Bible? (It was actually a lovely moment because he said "Bible" with a weird lilt in his voice -- like he was throwing a musical note to the asshats -- and they responded with fervent applause. Our hero loves the Bible. The Bible!!! let's go stomp some Mooslims!! )

I'm no fan of Trump, but I don't think the deposition video shows that he can't read.

I'd guess that he recognized the slant of the questions and was doing what he could to avoid an appearance of an admission.

As for the numbers, they could've been larger type for all we know.

I don't believe Trump is illiterate either. It may be that he has the reading comprehension of a grade-schooler, but that makes him non-illiterate. The problem is that, despite his ability to read, he does not read, and as has been said, there is little difference between and inability to read, and an unwillingness to read.

Not technically illiterate, no. But, he's obviously in an echo chamber, he doesn't read articles, prefers memos no more than one page in length, and less than 12 bullet points (forgot where I read that).

Look, the way someone communicates is indicative of their inner dialogue and resembles their stream of consciousness. Trump's attention span is atrociously short, and he has no patience for nuance or explanation. Combine this with his incredible ability to reshape evidence based on how it effects his self esteem (we all do this to some extent, but Trump raises this to a whole new level) and he may as well be illiterate.

I am sure he can read.He is just not curious.Bush jr. was the same way.K.I.S.S.

Not technically illiterate, no. But, he's obviously in an echo chamber, he doesn't read articles, prefers memos no more than one page in length, and less than 12 bullet points (forgot where I read that).

Look, the way someone communicates is indicative of their inner dialogue and resembles their stream of consciousness. Trump's attention span is atrociously short, and he has no patience for nuance or explanation. Combine this with his incredible ability to reshape evidence based on how it effects his self esteem (we all do this to some extent, but Trump raises this to a whole new level) and he may as well be illiterate.

That's kinda how I feel about it. "Technically illiterate" is probably correct. There is a "use it or lose it" fact with reading, like everything else. And I suspect that Cheato hasn't "used it" in decades. Gets all his info from Faux Nooz and other TV outlets (+twitter?), so it's not reasonable to expect him to be informed at all, or any more than "technically" literate.

I think Orangey can read. Didn't he tell his mob last year that his favorite book is the Bible? (It was actually a lovely moment because he said "Bible" with a weird lilt in his voice -- like he was throwing a musical note to the asshats -- and they responded with fervent applause. Our hero loves the Bible. The Bible!!! let's go stomp some Mooslims!! )

As with most people, he probably hasn't actually read it.

He read a statement at the press conference today.

How do you know? Did you get to compare what he said to what was written? (Did he wave it around as he likes to do with stuff he pretends to have read?)
If what he said was actually what was written down, how do you know he didn't memorize it? I think that if he practiced enough, you wouldn't be able to tell he can't read (at least not fluently).

Yup. Any moron with enough money can be president, QED.
Well not any moron with enough money obviously.
BN-IL475_clinto_G_20150516003205.jpg

read what it says under the picture.

2013 is completely made up and 2014 includes some of 2015

So, that sharp spike at the end of the graph is a complete fabrication.

Back
Top Bottom