• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Thread For New Republican Legislation

Funny how none of our right wingers, normally parading their economic expertise, have seen fit to address the heinous behavior of their political affiliates in this thread.
Guess they’re okay with tacit approval.

I'm going to object here. This isn't about new legislation, it's about pandering to the sheep in ways that don't actually matter because they don't have the votes. Same as the eternal efforts to disband the ACA.

Missouri Republicans have run on and advocated for the right to have big, burly guns. Strap whatever you want on your side. Want to buy weaponry? Absolutely. You can run entire ads just based around you shooting a gun to try and get people to love you. The right to guns? It’s the Missouri way, they say! When it comes to arms, though, it just so happens that one kind of arms scares Republicans enough that they are prepared to regulate it. I know, I know, regulating arms never works. You see, the arms Republicans want to regulate are the bare arms being shown by women legislators on the Missouri House floor. That’s right. We’re talking about a dress code.

Missouri Republicans have run on and advocated for the right to have big, burly guns. Strap whatever you want on your side. Want to buy weaponry? Absolutely. You can run entire ads just based around you shooting a gun to try and get people to love you. The right to guns? It’s the Missouri way, they say! When it comes to arms, though, it just so happens that one kind of arms scares Republicans enough that they are prepared to regulate it. I know, I know, regulating arms never works. You see, the arms Republicans want to regulate are the bare arms being shown by women legislators on the Missouri House floor. That’s right. We’re talking about a dress code.

This case makes no sense. It's a red state, they support the right to bare arms!

Montana Republican introduces new bill banning 'scientific theory' from being taught in schools

Montana Public Radio brings us this small story of Republicans being Republicans in the Montana state legislature. Senate Bill 235, sponsored by Republican state Sen. Daniel Emrich of Great Falls, would ban the teaching of "scientific theory" in public schools.

Only "scientific fact" must be taught. The bill states that the state board of public education "may not include in content area standards any standard requiring curriculum or instruction in a topic that is not scientific fact."

Just re-scanned the entire thread, and didn’t see the words “laptop” or “Hunter” anywhere.
When are these clowns going to start talking about the urgent stuff that really matters to ‘Murkins?

This started way back under Bush 41. Senator Phil Gramm pretending to be angry with the IRS, lead a successful efort to slash thr IRS budget. Critics complained this would encourage rich tax cheats. The GOP did not care Gramm just smirked. Later, out of office, Gramm went to work with Suiss Bank. Helping rich clents set up secret bank accounts to avoid taxes. Nothing new here at all.

Montana Republican introduces new bill banning 'scientific theory' from being taught in schools

Montana Public Radio brings us this small story of Republicans being Republicans in the Montana state legislature. Senate Bill 235, sponsored by Republican state Sen. Daniel Emrich of Great Falls, would ban the teaching of "scientific theory" in public schools.

Only "scientific fact" must be taught. The bill states that the state board of public education "may not include in content area standards any standard requiring curriculum or instruction in a topic that is not scientific fact."
When liberal art majors try to legislate science curriculum.

Link to the bill's text.
MT Senate Bill 235 said:
WHEREAS, the purpose of K-12 education is to educate children in the facts of our world to better prepare them for their future and further education in their chosen field of study, and to that end children must know the difference between scientific fact and scientific theory; and

WHEREAS, a scientific fact is observable and repeatable, and if it does not meet these criteria, it is a theory that is defined as speculation and is for higher education to explore, debate, and test to ultimately reach a scientific conclusion of fact or fiction.
Fact or fiction?

MT Senate Bill 235 said:
NEW SECTION. Section 1. Requirements for science instruction in schools. (1) Science instruction may not include subject matter that is not scientific fact.

(2) The board of public education may not include in content area standards any standard requiring curriculum or instruction in a scientific topic that is not scientific fact.

(3) The superintendent of public instruction shall ensure that any science curriculum guides developed by the office of public instruction include only scientific fact.

(4) (a) The trustees of a school district shall ensure that science curriculum and instructional materials, including textbooks, used in the district include only scientific fact.

(b) Beginning July 1, 2025, a parent may appeal the trustees' lack of compliance to subsection (4)(a) to the county superintendent and, subsequently, to the superintendent of public instruction under the provisions for the appeal of controversies in this title pursuant to 20-3-107 and 20-3-210.

(5) The legislature intends for this section to be strictly enforced and narrowly interpreted.

(6) As used in this section, "scientific fact" means an indisputable and repeatable observation of a natural phenomenon.
Why does something need to be repeatable if it is indisputable?

It is interesting he doesn't make a distinction between "theory" and "law". He pretty much made up a term "scientific fact".

Last edited:
This started way back under Bush 41. Senator Phil Gramm pretending to be angry with the IRS, lead a successful efort to slash thr IRS budget. Critics complained this would encourage rich tax cheats. The GOP did not care Gramm just smirked. Later, out of office, Gramm went to work with Suiss Bank. Helping rich clents set up secret bank accounts to avoid taxes. Nothing new here at all.
Sen. Gramm, as in the 'Let's deregulate the derivatives market' Sen. Gramm?

‘That word “theory”. You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.’

‘That word “theory”. You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.’
What it really means is whomever wrote this legislation is a moron.

‘A truly dizzying intellect.’

Sen. Gramm, as in the 'Let's deregulate the derivatives market' Sen. Gramm?

Yes. The same Senator Gramm David Stockman gave credit to for helping to sell Suply Side economics to Reagan and the Republicans in Congress.

After leaving Congress, Gramm, who had a degree in economics, applied to his alma mater, Texas A&M to become a professor of economics there. Gramm did not get any job there or anywhere teaching economics.

That is not very comforting, considering said author is a duly elected government official.

I don't think it has anything to do with liberal arts. Rather, as with so many cases we see the Retards falling for their own propaganda.

That is not very comforting, considering said author is a duly elected government official.
This is the idiot's Facebook page.
OMG! Antivaxer and election denier!

A little history of GOP opposition to Social Security, Medicare and other socil programs.

I don't think it has anything to do with liberal arts. Rather, as with so many cases we see the Retards falling for their own propaganda.
Thank-you, Loren.

When I opened this thread I misinterpreted the title thinking it was about a new Republican Party. Those fucks certainly need one. And they need a few Liberal Arts Majors with broad experiences in education in that new party. Changing tires and stocking shelves are honest ways to make a living but if they had actual educations they might actually know something, even if by accident.

It is a lot easier to be stupid on science, if you ain't good in science. And that guy seems to have been a used car salesman too.

And I think, I'm a thousand times more qualified for Government than that idiot. Got to be someone not so dumb in his district. Yet, these lamebrain simpletons get elected then they continue with the dumbening there.

Back
Top Bottom