• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Thread For New Republican Legislation

Always the projection with these folks...

Kansas Conservative suggesting trans ban, suggests lowering the marriage age to 12.
Actually (sigh.....) he is a Missouri senator.

My son said this: "I'm gonna suggest we just build a wall around Missouri at this point to prevent whatever disease is infecting your politicians from spreading." Every day that passes I am more inclined to agree with him; it is becoming extremely embarrassing to tell people I live in this state.

Ruth
I feel ya sweetheart.
I'm from Indiana, the state that groomed Mike Pence all the way up to the governor's office.
Tom

Kansas Conservative suggesting trans ban, suggests lowering the marriage age to 12.

My son said this: "I'm gonna suggest we just build a wall around Missouri at this point to prevent whatever disease is infecting your politicians from spreading." Every day that passes I am more inclined to agree with him; it is becoming extremely embarrassing to tell people I live in this state.

Ruth
I'm sorry this has happened to you (living in Missouri). I spent some time in Missouri, Lost in the Woods, and it was a depressing, socially barren period in my life.

Ruth
I'll see your Mike Moon, and raise you a Lauren Boebert.

Those uppity black guys needed to go.
If some Republican legislators participated in a protest inside the chamber for a right-wing cause, using bullhorns, would you be defending them too?

And would you be defending them even if they were throwing white-power signs? Because the Justins were throwing black power signs.
FtFd_lOacAAZSaH

Right on!
Effin CLASSIC!
I think if you do it with tinyhands, it's a WHITE power sign.

My son said this: "I'm gonna suggest we just build a wall around Missouri at this point to prevent whatever disease is infecting your politicians from spreading."
The disease is called "Christianity", and it's been a pandemic for a long time.

The good news is that education appears to have some effectiveness as a preventative, (though it's surprisingly ineffective as a treatment once an individual has been exposed).

The bad news is that one of the symptoms in severe cases is the strong desire to destroy education.

The most effective approach seems to be the combination of mandatory inoculation with a weakened strain (in the form of an 'established church'), coupled with a strong and well funded education system that is defended against the actions of the most badly affected patients (known as 'homeschoolers'). This dual approach has been highly efficacious in Europe, where the disease is well on its way to eradication.

My son said this: "I'm gonna suggest we just build a wall around Missouri at this point to prevent whatever disease is infecting your politicians from spreading."
The disease is called "Christianity", and it's been a pandemic for a long time.

The good news is that education appears to have some effectiveness as a preventative, (though it's surprisingly ineffective as a treatment once an individual has been exposed).

The bad news is that one of the symptoms in severe cases is the strong desire to destroy education.
Pathogens attacking the immune system is nothing new.

Republicans ever be wildin.

The governor of Oklahoma has called for the resignations of the sheriff and other top officials in a rural county after they were recorded talking about “beating, killing and burying” a father/son team of local reporters — and lamenting that they could no longer hang Black people with a “damned rope.”

Gov. Kevin Stitt called for McCurtain County Sheriff Kevin Clardy, county Commissioner Mark Jennings, sheriff’s investigator Alicia Manning, and Jail Administrator Larry Hendrix to step down after the McCurtain County Gazette-News published an article over the weekend about what was captured on the recording.
Earlier that day, Willingham’s son, Christopher Lee Willingham, who is also a reporter at the newspaper, had filed a lawsuit against Clardy, Manning and the commissioners in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma seeking unspecified damages. He claimed they were punishing him for his hard-hitting reporting by spreading “slander” about him.

When Willingham retrieved the device, he discovered that the conversation began with a grisly conversation about a fire victim being compared to “barbecue” before the group turned to talking about his son.

“My papaw would have whipped his ass, would have wiped him and used him for toilet paper,” Manning said of the younger Willingham, according to the newspaper. “If my daddy hadn’t been run over by a vehicle, he would have been down there.”

Jennings then piped in, saying “I know where two big, deep holes are here if you ever need them.”

“I’ve got an excavator,” Clardy chimed in, according to the newspaper.

Jennings, according to the newspaper, then said he knew “two or three hit men” who belong to the Louisiana mafia.

“They’re very quiet guys and would cut no f---ing mercy,” he reportedly said.

Manning, according to the newspaper, discussed “who would get the blame if anything was done” to Christopher Lee Willingham’s wife, Angie.

There was also “caustic” criticism of local District Attorney Mark Matloff, the newspaper reported in the first batch of recordings it released.

Matloff is not commenting on the report, a member of his staff said at the McCurtain County Courthouse.

“Some of the discussion included not only harsh criticism of judges, but also the possibility of assaults on judges here,” the newspaper reported.

When the talk turned to who might run for sheriff against Clardy, Jenning recalled how a former sheriff “would take a damned Black guy and whoop their ass and throw them in the cell.”

“Yeah,” Clardy replied, according to the newspaper. “It’s not like that no more.”

“I know,” said Jennings. “Take them down to Mud Creek and hang them up with a damned rope. But you can’t do that anymore. They’ve got more rights than we’ve got.”

Two more batches of recordings made by Willingham are to be released soon, his lawyers said.

Texass to require 10 Commandments be posted in all public schools along school supported prayers.

Both are unconstitutional but of course who knows with the current MAGA supreme court.

Well thank goodness. Now there won't be shootings or crime in Texas anymore.

Texass to require 10 Commandments be posted in all public schools along school supported prayers.

Both are unconstitutional but of course who knows with the current MAGA supreme court.

Perhaps these schools need to also broadcast the Call to Prayer?

I know people who could deliver some excellent examples for free.
Tom

Perhaps these schools need to also broadcast the Call to Prayer?

I know people who could deliver some excellent examples for free.
Tom
Here's a compromise - Post the 10 Commandments, but insist they must be written in Mishnaic Hebrew as God intended. I'm sure the supporters of such legislation won't be confused at all.

Funny how some people are so worried about foreigners taking over the US, imposing Sharia law, etc.

But Hebraic law? That's just fine.

So, as McCarthy gets ready to do whatever the heck he is planning on doing with the debt ceiling, the GOP continues pushing the already insane budget bill further to the right.

So in 2011, and other times in the Obama Admin, the GOP argued that they wanted all concessions in exchange for raising the debt ceiling for less than a year or they'd trash the US credit rating.

Now in 2023, the GOP is arguing that they demand a recession or they'll crash the United States. It is a peculiar stance to take. They want over $400 billion in annual cuts, a recession, in exchange they will allow the debt ceiling to be raised a little, for a year (up to). It sounds like negotiating with Peter Griffin.

Griffin: I'll give you $1500.
Owner: Sir, the house is worth $6.8 million.
Griffin: I'll give you $1501.

Biden would be better off just letting the credit rating drop. He gains just about nothing in this "deal". And the GOP is still pushing FURTHER to the right to get the votes. The GOP is insane! They up'd the ceiling three times when the deficits were through the roof under Trump (and a couple times under W, after ensuring America there would be surpluses?).

Back
Top Bottom