• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Trump Game?

I think he'll have a couple more months of staying power. He is tapping into the disaffected, anti-establishment element in the GOP far better than any of the other candidates are. He is causing the GOP significant damage by being associated with it, to be sure, but his supporters are the ones who think that the GOP is already damaged and don't want to waffle into the election with another Romney who only gives lip service to their views. He'll burn out eventually, but it will be at least a couple of months before he's gone.

In other really, really unbelievable news, of the $1.9 million his campaign has raised, only $1.8 million of it came from Trump himself. The rest of the money was from people who ... like ... donated to Donald Trump's campaign for President. Seriously. That happened.

And that's great because it's very likely that those people have blown their contribution wad. This Trump thing is by far the best thing that could have happened to Hillary. It's like a good NFC team battling their way to the Superbowl and then facing the lowest ceded AFC team who got there because the three teams they faced in the playoffs all lost their quarterback on the first play of each game.

After all of Hillary's struggles, she'll be able to stroll into the White House this time, provided Trump stays in it until the end. And he very well could. The idea that he could have a tremendous influence on the nation's highest office would feed his ego for at least 6 months. And that influence would last for generations. That's because the next President will likely be able to decisively tip the Court in their favor. It wouldn't matter if the influence was good or bad; what matters to him is that he played a key role in it.

I think Trump is in it for political favors from the Republican party. He is a real version of what a spoiler might look like in that party...quite a different thing than Ralph Nader who was not trying to spoil anything. I think Trump's interests are so absolutely around money, you can't ever consider him as a political animal and his agenda is just a Trojan horse. Some Republicans might just make some hay and votes for just putting him down.

And that's great because it's very likely that those people have blown their contribution wad. This Trump thing is by far the best thing that could have happened to Hillary. It's like a good NFC team battling their way to the Superbowl and then facing the lowest ceded AFC team who got there because the three teams they faced in the playoffs all lost their quarterback on the first play of each game.

After all of Hillary's struggles, she'll be able to stroll into the White House this time, provided Trump stays in it until the end. And he very well could. The idea that he could have a tremendous influence on the nation's highest office would feed his ego for at least 6 months. And that influence would last for generations. That's because the next President will likely be able to decisively tip the Court in their favor. It wouldn't matter if the influence was good or bad; what matters to him is that he played a key role in it.

I think Trump is in it for political favors from the Republican party. He is a real version of what a spoiler might look like in that party...quite a different thing than Ralph Nader who was not trying to spoil anything. I think Trump's interests are so absolutely around money, you can't ever consider him as a political animal and his agenda is just a Trojan horse. Some Republicans might just make some hay and votes for just putting him down.

If he is doing this for political favors - why stop with the Republicans? I'm sure Hillary would love for him to keep going, and wouldn't be above making sure he does. If he's smart, he'll get the favors no matter who wins.

I think he'll have a couple more months of staying power. He is tapping into the disaffected, anti-establishment element in the GOP far better than any of the other candidates are. He is causing the GOP significant damage by being associated with it, to be sure, but his supporters are the ones who think that the GOP is already damaged and don't want to waffle into the election with another Romney who only gives lip service to their views. He'll burn out eventually, but it will be at least a couple of months before he's gone.

In other really, really unbelievable news, of the $1.9 million his campaign has raised, only $1.8 million of it came from Trump himself. The rest of the money was from people who ... like ... donated to Donald Trump's campaign for President. Seriously. That happened.

I take a longer view of things than most. Using your model, I can't get my arms around why a sitting president who got Sadat and Begin to shake hands and managed to bring the economy under enough control that even Reagan couldn't fuck it up when Reagan, OMG, won in a landslide. I mean this nation would rather a "ready shot, aim" president than a president who devised the plan for engaging Russia in Afghanistan to ultimately bring then down.

We, yes even you, in your wimpy thing that serves as your heart, wants an action figure above anything else.

This is a man with no filter. He's going to say something extremely stupid very soon. Maybe like Romney's 47% speech.

This is a man with no filter. He's going to say something extremely stupid very soon. Maybe like Romney's 47% speech.

Guys/guyettes be rational not rationalizing.

Trump is just the opposite of being unfiltered. This is intentional and attention demanding. Trump goes for the extreme position to get attention not to explain. Trump wants those who hear dog whistles to hear his dog whistles. Didn't anyone learn from Ray-gun. Sorry, most of you don't know who I'm talking about. Shame.

Guys/guyettes be rational not rationalizing.

Trump is just the opposite of being unfiltered. This is intentional and attention demanding. Trump goes for the extreme position to get attention not to explain. Trump wants those who hear dog whistles to hear his dog whistles. Didn't anyone learn from Ray-gun. Sorry, most of you don't know who I'm talking about. Shame.

Reagan was the figure head for radical right-wingers (Republicans) who expanded the State, started a bunch of wars and escalated the transfer of wealth from working people to the rich.

The same for GW. In fact many were the exact same people.

Trump is just a blowhard with a lot of money. He has little support from establishment Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom