• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Thinking about starting a Homeopathic Food Company

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
I realized that there is an investment opportunity within the Homeopathic market. If water has memory and dilution works with medicines, then it would work equally well with food. So, my idea is to create a line of Homeopathic Soups which would ultimately consist of Campbell Soup diluted 100x. I'd also introduce a line of premium soup that is diluted 1000x, but cost 50% more. Of course canning costs money so I need some capital to help start the company.

Any takers?

Would you accept a homeopathic money investment. I have a now ratty wallet that once held quite a bit of money. Maybe we can strike up a deal and I will send it to you for a 40% stake in your business.

Most of my investment money is tied up in trying to market dehydrated water selling emergency supplies of dehydrated water for disaster preparedness.

You know what would be cheaper and simpler?

Homeopathy cleaning products. That way, you can just put water in spray bottles, then slap a label on the bottle.

Have they done homeopathy for pets yet?

I'm afraid so. Just try googling "homeopathy for pets". Page after page of homeopathic vets, homeopathic food for dogs, cats, rabbits, and whatnot. :(

Anyways, you could honestly advertise your homeopathic food range as being both Gluten Free, Free of artificial flavorings, preservatives, and even GMO free! :)

Although the market dried up rather quickly, I feel that my homeopathic scuba tanks contributed a great deal to the advancement of homeopathy. Prior to decapitation, homeopathy was Kurgan approved.

There should be lots of money to be made in such products. Manufacturing costs would be small. At first you could sell at malls and other places where you can rent space for a few weeks. If the media tests your product then you can say "tested by <insert media organisation>". No need to say that they found your product junk. By the time your customers found out your products did not work you would have moved onto another place.

Do not forget to put up product endorsements that are rather vague.

Would you accept a homeopathic money investment. I have a now ratty wallet that once held quite a bit of money. Maybe we can strike up a deal and I will send it to you for a 40% stake in your business.

Most of my investment money is tied up in trying to market dehydrated water selling emergency supplies of dehydrated water for disaster preparedness.

How about some homeopathic gains then? :p

I'm going to start a homeopathic investment company. You give me $1000 and I'll give you a penny. All of a sudden, you're like a million times richer.

You can get rich with a 0.1/1,000,000,000 dilution of gold in water.

Filthy, filthy rich.

I realized that there is an investment opportunity within the Homeopathic market. If water has memory and dilution works with medicines, then it would work equally well with food. So, my idea is to create a line of Homeopathic Soups which would ultimately consist of Campbell Soup diluted 100x. I'd also introduce a line of premium soup that is diluted 1000x, but cost 50% more. Of course canning costs money so I need some capital to help start the company.

Any takers?

I'd be willing to bet that we could contract out the caning and have that coupled with drop ship. We just need to make the website.

With my luck, homeopathers will get wise of the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide and my company will go bust. I guess there is always air.

With my luck, homeopathers will get wise of the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide and my company will go bust. I guess there is always air.

Are you MAD??!?

Air is mostly Nitrogen, and Nitrogen is a chemakill! Any mother who cares about her children's health would never allow them to breathe chemakills.

If it is so safe, then why is there a Material Safety Data Sheet for it? Those are only issued for dangerous chemakills (citation).

The funny thing is, I've looked at the ingredients label of medicine that's claimed to be homeopathic and there's often quite a few things listed. You'd think it would just say something like, "Water" and "One or two molecules of <blah>". Just goes to show you how warped and twisted the whole alternative medicine industry is.

I recall a few years ago, there was a product called Zicam that was labeled "homeopathic". It was a nasal spray to help with your cold. Unfortunately, it caused a few people to lose their sense of smell, and they sued the company. Zicam was put in the awkward position of having to explain how a product that supposedly only had water in it, had the ability to damage someone's sense of smell. I don't remember the outcome of the case, but I do remember getting a good chuckle out of it.

Zicam ... I don't remember the outcome of the case, but I do remember getting a good chuckle out of it.
They maintain that it's the cold that caused the anosmia, not their product.
The FDA called bullshit on that.
The FDA indicated that it had received reports of a loss of smell from approximately 130 Zicam Cold Remedy users since 1999. ...The manufacturer stated that it had received an additional 800 reports of a loss of smell, but did not turn those over to the FDA as they did not feel they were required to do so. The FDA disagreed.
Matrix eventually recalled the product, but only on the FDA's 'recommendation,' as they maintained the 'remedy' is not a food nor a drug and not in the FDA's jurisdiction.

Of course canning costs money so I need some capital to help start the company.

I'll grind up a $1 bill and stir it into an olympic sized swimming pool and then scoop out 250ml of water from the pool. I'll send you the homeopathic money water. You drink it. I'm sure you'll shit out $1,000,000 . Has to work. Dilute the dollar 1000000X, drink dilution, and multiply the dollar 1000000X at the other end. :joy:

They maintain that it's the cold that caused the anosmia, not their product.
The FDA called bullshit on that.
The FDA indicated that it had received reports of a loss of smell from approximately 130 Zicam Cold Remedy users since 1999. ...The manufacturer stated that it had received an additional 800 reports of a loss of smell, but did not turn those over to the FDA as they did not feel they were required to do so. The FDA disagreed.
Matrix eventually recalled the product, but only on the FDA's 'recommendation,' as they maintained the 'remedy' is not a food nor a drug and not in the FDA's jurisdiction.
Jon Oliver had an excellent piece a while back on the problem with regulation of snake oil in the US, ie... it is almost impossible for the Government to regulate it because the Government made it that way... thanks to a bipartisan effort by Hatch and I think Harkin.

Back
Top Bottom