• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This is going to end brilliantly! (Trucker protest)

Patooka

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
aaa
There have been a couple of thread about this particular brand of dumbcuntery, but this is something that I believe deserves it's own thread:

The Department of Homeland Security says it has received reports that truck drivers who are protesting vaccine mandates will block roads in major cities in the coming weeks. The protests could potentially affect the Super Bowl in Los Angeles on Sunday and the State of the Union address in Washington, D.C., on March 1, according to an internal memo from DHS obtained by NPR.

A bunch of people in anonymous trucks are going to drive to an extremely popular crowded sporting venue. What could possibly go wrong? This is why my first instinct when someone tries to talk to me about the virtues of freedom of speech is to tell them to go get fucked. Because I know the stupid cunts are arguing in bad faith. Here is my prediction:

1) These stupid fuckheads are going to insist on not wearing masks
2) This will make it very easy for police to identify said fuckheads as most public venues have this new invention called a camera
3) The usual suspects (i.e dumbcunts like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz etc) are going to cry conspiracy from the FBI because said stupid fuckheads got arrested quite easily.

Let's see how this plays out.

Let's see how this plays out.
Lol!
I was going to go find some of the comments about how to treat people who block traffic, interrupt commerce and otherwise abuse their rights to public roads and highways. Our right wing extremist friends had some harsh words for leftists who blocked roads for a few hours, but are totally silent about this much much MUCH more egregious violation of others' "Freedumb".
All I can think is that this is totally consistent with other observations regarding right wingers' hypocrisy.
What would they say if the National Guard is sent to drag these morons out of their rigs arrest the drivers and impound the vehicles?
WHAT IF THEY ARE TREATED LIKE THIS?

Our right wing extremist friends had some harsh words for leftists who blocked roads for a few hours,
Not just that, but I don't recall left wingers being so fucking stupid as to attempt to drive an 18-wheeler loaded with who fucking knows what into an area like the Capitol or the Superbowl. I just don't see cops opening the barricades for them this time.

Surveillance footage shows 2 men trying to set an apartment building on fire near trucker protests The men reportedly admitted they were involved with the trucker protest.
People associated with the protests have occupied a portion of downtown Ottawa for days. Protesters continue disrupting everyday life by blocking traffic, assaulting people, sounding horns, and lighting fireworks all hours of the day and night.

Residents of one apartment building clashed with protesters over the weekend. In the early hours of Sunday morning, two men reportedly tried to get back at them by trapping them inside and setting the building on fire.

Twitter user Matias Muñoz (@TiMunoz) posted a thread about the alleged arson attempt.

“Last night two arsonists brought a full package of firestarter bricks into our building’s lobby at 5AM,” Muñoz wrote.
Muñoz, who lives in the building, said one of the men taped the doors shut. “This is the most insidious part of the experience besides the lighting of the fire,” he wrote.

He included screenshots from security footage allegedly showing the pair trying to start the fire and taping the doors. He said the landlord let them see the footage.

Protest crowd grows on Ambassador Bridge as police begin clearing blockade
The crowd of protesters has continued to grow while pickup trucks remained as police began Saturday breaking up a days-long protest at the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, Ont., where vehicles have been blocking traffic on the crucial border crossing into the United States.

Police, including officers from Windsor, London, Ont., and the Ontario Provincial Police, were able to clear out the intersection at the foot of the Ambassador Bridge by forming a line — slowly pushing back protesters and forcing many vehicles to clear the area.

Their efforts began at about 8:30 a.m. ET on Saturday, when Windsor police urged all demonstrators to "act lawfully and peacefully" as they moved in following the granting of an injunction by a judge on Friday.

One officer on a megaphone warned protesters that police were opening the intersection to traffic and if they failed to comply, they would be arrested for mischief.

Some of the demonstrators shouted "shame," "freedom" and "you're on the wrong side." Others vowed that "we'll be back" and "it isn't over."

By the afternoon, all of the big rigs had left, many laying on their horns as they departed. The intersection is now clear of vehicles and protesters. But supporters of the blockade have continued trickling in from other access points behind the police line, boosting the numbers of the defiant crowd.

A bunch of people in anonymous trucks are going to drive to an extremely popular crowded sporting venue.

These truckers are idiots, but so were #BLMers, who have been and still are very much supported on here when they blockade highways, bridges, malls or sporting venues.
Protesters block Minneapolis light rail ahead of Super Bowl 52
But I guess such tactics are ok when black people and leftists do it, right?

What could possibly go wrong? This is why my first instinct when someone tries to talk to me about the virtues of freedom of speech is to tell them to go get fucked. Because I know the stupid cunts are arguing in bad faith. Here is my prediction:
Freedom of speech for leftists only. Even when they blockade highways, bridges etc. and use arson, looting and vandalism to "exercise" their "speech". Right?

3) The usual suspects (i.e dumbcunts like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz etc) are going to cry conspiracy from the FBI because said stupid fuckheads got arrested quite easily.
A lot of #BLMers were also arrested. But their ideological allies among DAs refused to charge most of them.

I was going to go find some of the comments about how to treat people who block traffic, interrupt commerce and otherwise abuse their rights to public roads and highways. Our right wing extremist friends had some harsh words for leftists who blocked roads for a few hours, but are totally silent about this much much MUCH more egregious violation of others' "Freedumb".

Idiots who block traffic on both Left and Right deserve to be prosecuted. However, leftist #BLMers have by and large not been prosecuted, and even when they were, they were given a slap on the wrist. Had they been prosecuted more aggressively in 2014, we probably would not have had cities burning in 2020.

All I can think is that this is totally consistent with other observations regarding right wingers' hypocrisy.
While there is hypocrisy on the Right, there is also hypocrisy on the Left. On this forum, the latter is predominant. I have not seen anybody on here defend the truckers, but a lot of you leftists have been defending #BLMers since 2014 even when they blockaded highways etc.

What would they say if the National Guard is sent to drag these morons out of their rigs arrest the drivers and impound the vehicles?
Why did you not advocate the same be done with #BLM fuckers when they were doing the same thing?

Vehicle rammers have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Not so the fuckers who have been blockading traffic hundreds of times since 2014. You saw no problems with that tactic until now.

Not just that, but I don't recall left wingers being so fucking stupid as to attempt to drive an 18-wheeler loaded with who fucking knows what into an area like the Capitol or the Superbowl.
#BLMers prefer to loot 18-wheelers at gunpoint after they stop traffic on highways.
Police ID man dragged by FedEx truck during night of George Floyd protests

KMOV said:
Police said the truck was forced off Interstate 70 due to protesters on the roadway. The truck got off onto North Broadway, heading toward Cass. While on N. Broadway, police said, the driver stopped the truck due to more protesters in the road.
Bystander Jared Arms captured a video of protesters blocking off a section of the road with their cars and setting something on fire when the FedEx truck approached. As it came to a halt, a crowd of protesters surrounded the front of the truck and began banging and climbing onto the passenger side. Police said two people standing on the passenger side footboard of the truck pointed guns at the driver.
Demonstrators were also seen running off with packages from the truck.

Should be armed robbery. Nobody was charged with such as far as I know.

But I guess you think those actions were ok because it's racist to criticize #BLM about anything, right?

These truckers are idiots, but so were #BLMers,
More “both sides” bullshit.
You can’t rationalize your right wing extremist peers’ stupidity, but never fear:
No matter what heinous act the Proud Right indulges in today, BLM and it’s imaginary branch “Antifa” did worse yesterday.

Derek is full of “examples”.
If his Bois get caught killing and maiming 140 police officers while trying to overthrow the government of the United States, he can always point with righteous indignation at this black man had pills in his pocket and sold cigarettes. ILLEGALLY!!!
Which is of course worse. And this other mob set a cop shop on fire!! Which is of course even worse than stopping international commerce between two countries. After all, it’s BLM’s fault for letting white Bubbas with room temperature IQs have large pieces of machinery to abuse.
11!!11!!

I kinda hope they do shut down the Superbowl as effectively as Ottawa. I don't care about the Superbowl, and I think it would hugely piss off some "Let's Go Brandon" people.

Does this make me a bad person?
Tom

Freedom of speech for leftists only.
I'm actually fine with this. I mean, 93% of BLM protests are peaceful, but god bless Derec who works tirelessly in finding the one or two protests that weren't. I'm sure his motive isn't to smear an entire movement with the actions of some outliers. Certainly not because such said movement has the word black in it. Derec is being totally honest in his motives and providing his arguments in good faith.

So I shall respond in kind to the remaining people on the planet who do not get the context of Derec's argument. You can read the rest of his crap on the arrow icon next to where I quoted.

There were a lot of BLM protests in 2020. Some for George Floyd (who I think privately that it can be alleged an argument can be made you celebrated his death), some protests, actually a lot of them incidentally were over the lack of police accountability. Something you might not care about, but unfortunately (for you that is) a lot of people do.

And I mean A LOT of BLM protests. Like a fuck ton. Like overseas BLM protests. Personally I think those protests were about a lack a police accountability, but we all agree on what your opinion on that is so let's not go there.

The fact is that 93% of said protests were peaceful. And you, Derec, are consistently capable of always bringing up "that one incident" isn't a condemnation of the BLM movement, mate. It's an indication on how you think.

And the scary part; you might take all of two seconds to realise this about yourself and yet the hard truth is the rest of the world figured it out in regards to you years ago.

Simply put; there is a huge difference between protesting for a good idea, and protesting because you are an obstinate cunt. If you don't know the difference then rest assured you are in the latter. I'll let pedantic fuckheads who are rule nazis explain the dangers of blind faith.

I mean, 93% of BLM protests are peaceful, but god bless Derec who works tirelessly in finding the one or two protests that weren't.

Indeed.

93% is an incredibly good rate of success, especially compared to the Gold Standard of non-risky actions which would be Russian Roulette (83.3%).

Frankly, Derec sounds like those guys who were protesting that Black people were being killed by Police even though the vast majority of interactions between police and Black people (on the order of 99.99%+ at least), did not result in Black people being killed and lifetime risk of death by cop is significantly below 1 in 10,000.

Who were those guys again?

I kinda hope they do shut down the Superbowl as effectively as Ottawa. I don't care about the Superbowl, and I think it would hugely piss off some "Let's Go Brandon" people.

Does this make me a bad person?
Tom

No, it doesn't make you a bad person because people aren't defined by a single post on the internet, but it does make you sound like a dumb person. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom