• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This is going to end brilliantly! (Trucker protest)

The true test of whether someone actually believes in individual rights and democracy is whether they will defend those rights for their political opponents or other perceived outcasts. We know you truly are now, Ipetrich.
Your Lord and Saviour gassed a crowd of protesters so he could get a selfie in front of a church, had people in ski masks kidnap citizens and place them in unmarked SUVs and got an erection for the first time in years when it was reported cops fired upon and hit journalists. Your response was jack fuck all all. So spare me your faux outrage. You forfeited any moral high ground when you chose a red hat over civil liberties years ago.

This. Trumpets have forfeited any claim to civil liberties.
I've noted this a few times; continues to perplex me. Is this not an agnostic/atheist board? If there ever was a group of people who ought to understand the necessity of protecting individual rights, it should be agnostics and atheists. But again and again, the delight of committing cruelty on supposed out groups is revealed over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, shit. She actually lives her principles. You folks can learn something here.

FLweFRPUYAEBUJQ

That you only care for individual rights when it's for people you agree with?
Sure pal. Anyone who disagrees with me should be shipped into re-education camps immediately. Incidentally, here is something for that house you are living in:

pw_9678836_windex.png

Conservatives when Black people protest in the streets: I'm not racist, but run them over!

Also, conservatives:

The true test of whether someone actually believes in individual rights and democracy is whether they will defend those rights for their political opponents or other perceived outcasts. We know you truly are now, Ipetrich.
Just fuck all the way off with your bad faith argument. Your Lord and Saviour gassed a crowd of protesters so he could get a selfie in front of a church, had people in ski masks kidnap citizens and place them in unmarked SUVs and got an erection for the first time in years when it was reported cops fired upon and hit journalists. Your response was jack fuck all all. So spare me your faux outrage. You forfeited any moral high ground when you chose a red hat over civil liberties years ago.

I've noted this a few times; continues to perplex me. Is this not an agnostic/atheist board? If there ever was a group of people who ought to understand the necessity of protecting individual rights, it should be agnostics and atheists. But again and again, the delight of committing cruelty on supposed out groups is revealed over and over.
Trausti: I think that you are missing the larger point. I do strongly support protecting individual rights. People should have the right to peacefully and legally protest. I do not support illegal protests (including those allegedly promoted by BLM) that block roads and highways, and that violate local laws. But the issue here is that "Trumpets" tried to overthrow an election. You can't have individual rights in a dictatorship. In a dictatorship, the only rights afforded to you are those that dictator agrees with. It is very ironic for any Trump supporter to now all of a suddenly start championing individual rights (by the way, I don't know if you supported the "big lie" or not.

As an aside, there is a very simple solution to the Truckers illegally blocking traffic. Give them a warning. If they don't move to a legal spot, confiscate them. Sell them to the highest bidder. There is an incredible demand for commercial trucks today due to the supply chain (chips). People need trucks. These truckers obviously aren't in need of them. Confiscate their trucks.

Last edited:
I don't know if you supported the "big lie" or not

All of our Conservos are very circumspect about that.
None of them (AFAIK) is a vocal advocate of attempting violent overthrow of a free and fair election because they'd prefer that someone other than the winner took the office. OTOH, none them is vocal about The Big Lie being a big lie. I suspect that they know it is a big lie, but actually saying so runs counter to (whatever is left of) their ideology. Seems like asking about that is a good way to bring out their animus toward BLM, Hillary, Hunter Biden, CRT, or whatever right wing boogeyman du jour is trending on right wing media.

What, no juxtaposition to the Nazis?
???

That was my first reaction and then I realized Jimmy was likely referring to the lack of Nazi allusions by Fox News and Friends because they are often making comparisons with this stuff.

Just the same, I like AOC's response. Likely referring to all the civil-rights activists who got arrested in their protests, activists including MLK himself.
Her tweet was pretty spot-on in that regard.

Your Lord and Saviour gassed a crowd of protesters so he could get a selfie in front of a church, had people in ski masks kidnap citizens and place them in unmarked SUVs and got an erection for the first time in years when it was reported cops fired upon and hit journalists. Your response was jack fuck all all. So spare me your faux outrage. You forfeited any moral high ground when you chose a red hat over civil liberties years ago.

The point is the Republicans aren't about protecting individual liberties. They are only for "liberty" when it agrees with the party line.

???
That was my first reaction and then I realized Jimmy was likely referring to the lack of Nazi allusions by Fox News and Friends because they are often making comparisons with this stuff.
It also would have placed them in the awkward position of having to explain why none of the protesters objected to at least one of them waving a Nazi flag, replete with swasika.
The point is the Republicans aren't about protecting individual liberties. They are only for "liberty" when it agrees with the party line.
This is not the case with all Republicans, but for those where it is, the paradox of tolerance applies.

yQ1aAnaJ9k0n-sxcRqeLztmRZYoThJS1ntWrqdflsmk.png

It definitely applies to this mob:

Canadian_protest.png

???
It also would have placed them in the awkward position of having to explain why none of the protesters objected to at least one of them waving a Nazi flag, replete with swasika.
This is not the case with all Republicans, but for those where it is, the paradox of tolerance applies.

yQ1aAnaJ9k0n-sxcRqeLztmRZYoThJS1ntWrqdflsmk.png

It definitely applies to this mob:

Canadian_protest.png
You're wasting your time.

I'm loving how right-wingers are howling about cops turning against their heroes. They become super civil libertarians when they are the ones under attack.

Back
Top Bottom