• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in patriarchy: Ukraine expels women and children so men can have combat to themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, you've nailed the true crime that is currently happening in Ukraine. Bravo, Metaphor. I wish more people would be like you.
Too bad no one has spoken out against the male Russian conscripts being sent to Ukraine to be killed.

Once again, you've nailed the true crime that is currently happening in Ukraine. Bravo, Metaphor. I wish more people would be like you.
Too bad no one has spoken out against the male Russian conscripts being sent to Ukraine to be killed.
Don't worry; if they get killed by some trans Ukrainians, I'm sure we'll here about it and how this heralds the death of western civilization or some shit.

Wartime cross-dressers

My favorite is Achilles dressed as a woman to avoid the Trojan War, who then married the daughter of the man hiding him and fathered two children with her while presenting as female.

This would make such a good TV show.
Way better than "Desperate Housewives of Atlanta", or whatever the top rated show is at this time.
Tom

Yes, what about them?

laughing dog is very quick to spot the whataboutisms of his ideological opponents. It's a shame he can't spot his own.

Yes, what about them?

laughing dog is very quick to spot the whataboutisms of his ideological opponents. It's a shame he can't spot his own.
I knew what I was doing. And your response met my expectation of point aversion via a personal slapdown.

Yes, what about them?

I knew what I was doing. And your response met my expectation of point aversion via a personal slapdown.
What point? I asked: what about them? You didn't answer.

Yes, what about them?

Exactly - what about the male Russian conscripts sent to be killed in the Ukraine? There is no conscription of women in Russia.

Yes, what about them?

Exactly - what about the male Russian conscripts sent to be killed in the Ukraine? There is no conscription of women in Russia.
What about them? You clearly have something you want to discuss about them. What is it?

I'm trying to figure out how sarcastic you're being here. Lots of people have spoken out about that.
Tom

I'm trying to figure out how sarcastic you're being here. Lots of people have spoken out about that.
Tom
The thread starter hasn't. And that's the rub.

Tom
The point of laughing dog's post was to attack me with a whataboutism.

Of course, laughing dog will deny that's what he was doing, laughing dog never attacks anybody; we're all just hair-trigger sensitive and read into things that are not there.

I explained, more than once, the purpose of my OP and the reason I chose the angle that I did. laughing dog's opinion is that my OP was not successful. That's fine. He is entitled to that opinion.

If it is not obvious to laughing dog that opposing the draft means I oppose it in Ukraine as well as Russia as well as anywhere else, that's his problem.

Tom
The point of laughing dog's post was to attack me with a whataboutism...

Please stop trying to read the minds or impute intent of other posters. You are suck at it.

I brought up a parallel situation.

In most people world's, discussion is not automatically viewed as an attack.

Tom

Please stop trying to read the minds or impute intent of other posters. You are suck at it.

I've asked you to discuss it. You brought it up. What about the Russian conscripts? What do you want to discuss?

Tom

I've asked you to discuss it. You brought it up. What about the Russian conscripts? What do you want to discuss?
To paraphrase an old saying, you can lead a horse to a thought, but you cannot make it think.

Tom

To paraphrase an old saying, you can lead a horse to a thought, but you cannot make it think.
So...nothing, then.

This thread is 6 pages long, with 256 posts, not including this one I'm typing now. I think that it has served the purpose for which it was created pretty well.
And then some.

It might be instructive, however, to see if Metaphor can write an essay — 15 words or less — to demonstrate whether he understands the difference between a war of choice (e.g. U.S. involvement in Vietnam) and a war where people are literally fighting for the survival of their own country and their own families.

This thread is 6 pages long, with 256 posts, not including this one I'm typing now. I think that it has served the purpose for which it was created pretty well.
And then some.

It might be instructive, however, to see if Metaphor can write an essay — 15 words or less — to demonstrate whether he understands the difference between a war of choice (e.g. U.S. involvement in Vietnam) and a war where people are literally fighting for the survival of their own country and their own families.
If you are asking me a question, ask me.

If you think the draft is acceptable in some situations and not others, make your case.

And then some.

If you are asking me a question, ask me.

If you think the draft is acceptable in some situations and not others, make your case.

The question seemed pretty clear to me: Can Metaphor write an essay to demonstrate whether he understands the difference between a war of choice (e.g. U.S. involvement in Vietnam) and a war where people are literally fighting for the survival of their own country and their own families?

The answer appears to be No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom