• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in patriarchy: Ukraine expels women and children so men can have combat to themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say, this is one of the most disgusting threads I've seen here. Criticizing Ukraine for their conscription policies (and getting it wrong, btw) while they are fighting for their very lives and their country and not saying word about the invading forces and terrorists atttacking them is just pure ugly. I will never understand how someone could appear to be so twisted to do so.
I gotta say, this is a disgusting response to a serious issue. The draft is a violation of men's human rights and it isn't any less a violation of human rights because ZiprHead comes up with some whataboutism.

And, of course, I'm sure you have no interest in explaining how I 'got it wrong', in the same way that on the other thread you said my post was 'chock full of straw' but couldn't point out a single strawman.

Well, if you think about it, Russians only threaten the people in front of their guns. And under their missiles, and treads, and tires. And downrange of the artillery. But ONLY them.

WOKEism threatens how ALL of us live our lives.

Tolerating Putin's lies about Nazis in Ukraine is nowhere near as harmful as my being forced, simply forced, into verbally condoning lies about what's in your underwear.
A draft of male persons isn't wokeism. It's deeply conservative.

It would concern most people greatly. Doesn't mean they would disagree with it or refuse to defend their homeland from invaders.

When I was very young man, I had to register for the draft during the Vietnam War. I always wondered if I "won" the lottery, if I would have fled the USA or not. I suspect I would not have, but I never had to make that choice. I do know that if the USA had been invaded, I would have joined up to defend my homeland.
That's a great story, laughing dog. You should tell it at parties.

I do know that this sudden defense of the draft, and this implication that people who oppose it are simply cowards, is a new development from the leftists on the board. I never see these developments coming, to be honest.

Well, your home isn't in Ukraine. You aren't there. So, we don't know for sure, do we?
You just started a counterfactual with 'if you and I lived in Ukraine', and then explained how you think both of us would feel. When I openly stated how I would feel, you then come up with 'well, we can't know for sure', moments after you'd just made a statement stating exactly how we'd feel.

I would know for sure that if Australia were being invaded, and I was prevented from fleeing Australia by the Australian government, I would feel very concerned. About the invasion, and the fact that I would be left behind to stay and die.

I do know that this sudden defense of the draft, and this implication that people who oppose it are simply cowards, is a new development from the leftists on the board. I never see these developments coming, to be honest.

"Leftist"?
Trump is referred to as "bonespurs" because he could afford a doctor who could find a way out of defending America from the Vietnamese decades ago.
Draft dodging is not a leftist thing.
Tom

"Leftist"?
Trump is referred to as "bonespurs" because he could afford a doctor who could find a way out of defending America from the Vietnamese decades ago.
Tom
Oy gevalt. It never ends.

I did not say or imply draft dodging was a leftist thing. I said leftists defending the draft is a new, unexpected development.

"Leftist"?
Tom

I did not say or imply draft dodging was a leftist thing. I said leftists defending the draft is a new, unexpected development.

Who is defending the draft?
Tom

"Leftist"?
Tom

Tom
Have you read any responses on this thread? Harry Bosch, for one, in post 16 and the people that 'liked' the post.

Me? I'm old and out of shape but I know enough chemistry to do some damage. I'd stay. But that's me.
Love that for you.

Do you think the State should prevent men from leaving, though?

The OP disguises that alleged concern well behind the blatantly false use of the term “expel” and the singular focus on one of your boring targets of ire - a trans person.

Sorry, your “satire” missed your alleged mark.
"Blatantly false". Yes, indeed, I would have marked it as a blatantly and screamingly over-the-top counterfactual statement, and yet even as blatant as it was, some people still did not get it.
Given your long and documented posting history of being unconstrained by the facts and the truth, their mistake was reasonable.
It would concern most people greatly. Doesn't mean they would disagree with it or refuse to defend their homeland from invaders.

When I was very young man, I had to register for the draft during the Vietnam War. I always wondered if I "won" the lottery, if I would have fled the USA or not. I suspect I would not have, but I never had to make that choice. I do know that if the USA had been invaded, I would have joined up to defend my homeland.
That's a great story, laughing dog. You should tell it at parties.
I have. I am not a hero or very brave, but, unlike you, I would find it difficult to leave my country when it was being invaded.
Your ability to misinterpret a post is unparalleled. But it does make one wonder why you do protest so much over these imagined slights.

"Leftist"?
Tom

Tom
Have you read any responses on this thread? Harry Bosch, for one, in post 16 and the people that 'liked' the post.
I just reread that post.
Nothing supporting, much less defending, the draft.
Tom

"Leftist"?
Tom

Tom
I just reread that post.
Tom
Well, I see Bosch's injunction to 'stop judging Ukraine' as a tacit endorsement of Ukraine using the draft.

"Leftist"?
Tom

Tom
I just reread that post.
Tom
Tom, it takes reading between the lines of a text that does not exist to come to the conclusion that post 16 defends the draft.

I have. I am not a hero or very brave, but, unlike you, I would find it difficult to leave my country when it was being invaded.
Yes. Refugees fleeing war-torn countries are such whiny dickheads. They should have stayed like the few good men on this thread would have stayed!

Yes. Refugees fleeing war-torn countries are such whiny dickheads. They should have stayed like the few good men on this thread would have stayed!
Did not say that. Did not think that. But your view of refugees from worn-torn countries is truly insulting to their situation.

Please stop imputing thoughts or motives onto others. You are always wrong.

Perhaps that is a statement about their view of your credibility.
I would say it's a sign of some people's autistic-spectrum difficulties with recognising non-literal speech, and with others it is deliberate obtuseness
That is an incredibily ironic defense of deliberate false claims.
They were not false claims. They were satire. It is not ironic to explain satire by saying 'it was satire.' It was obvious fucking satire. Ukraine was not expelling women and children, it was forbidding men from leaving.

I don't want to name names but someone who thought my headline was literal has previously said they're on the autistic spectrum, and their response is completely consistent with that.

The other people who read my headline and OP and still thought I was making a serious claim that Ukraine was expelling women and children, or that men wanted exclusive dibs on realistic war cosplay only have their own reading comprehension to blame.

Did not say that. Did not think that. But your view of refugees from worn-torn countries is truly insulting to their situation.

Please stop imputing thoughts or motives onto others. You are always wrong.
Oh, but you did say it, in the post I quoted. You may not have realised you said it, but you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom