• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in patriarchy: Ukraine expels women and children so men can have combat to themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps that is a statement about their view of your credibility.
I would say it's a sign of some people's autistic-spectrum difficulties with recognising non-literal speech, and with others it is deliberate obtuseness
That is an incredibily ironic defense of deliberate false claims.
They were not false claims. ....
The claims are not true. That means they are false.

The fact you claim it was satire simply means you are claiming you did not mean to deceive any reader, but that does not change the fact the claim is not true (as you admit).

To reject that reality is a sign of autistic-spectrum difficulties with recognizing literal speech or a sign of deliberate obtuseness.

Did not say that. Did not think that. But your view of refugees from worn-torn countries is truly insulting to their situation.

Please stop imputing thoughts or motives onto others. You are always wrong.
Oh, but you did say it, in the post I quoted. You may not have realised you said it, but you did.
I made a claim about myself and no one else.

I think the headline here is “Really? This is what catches the eye in Ukraine?”.
Apparently you don't care when the State appropriates men's bodies. Some of us do care, laughing dog.
Are you saying those Russian soldiers aren't conscripts?
I don't know how you can imagine I said or implied anything about Russia, because I didn't.
I agree you didn't say anything about Russia. The question is why you don't say anything about Russia and attack Ukraine.

They're not claims.
The fact you claim it was satire simply means you are claiming you did not mean to deceive any reader, but that does not change the fact the claim is not true (as you admit).
I'm not claiming it was satire. I'm claiming it was screamingly fucking obvious, over-the-top, tone-it-down-luv satire. It was not subtle. It wasn't some borderline case. It had multiple markers of satire.

The literal meanings of the statements were not true. They were not claims. A claim is an assertion that something is true.

noun
noun: claim; plural noun: claims
  1. 1.
    an assertion that something is true.
    "he was dogged by the claim that he had CIA links"

I think the headline here is “Really? This is what catches the eye in Ukraine?”.
Apparently you don't care when the State appropriates men's bodies. Some of us do care, laughing dog.
I don't know how you can imagine I said or implied anything about Russia, because I didn't.
I agree you didn't say anything about Russia. The question is why you don't say anything about Russia and attack Ukraine.
I should have thought it was obvious.

I did not start some general thread about the draft. I started a thread with a hook, an angle. I read a story about women and children refugees fleeing Ukraine whilst Ukraine was simultaneously stopping men from leaving. I then googled further to verify and find out the exact details and one of the articles that came up was the CBS article that glossed over the situation of the millions of men the Ukraine was detaining in the country to concentrate on the situation of a single man who identified as a woman (and how hard done by he was by his maleness).

I synthesised these articles into a thread. I can see you don't appreciate the thread, but I should have thought it was obvious I was attacking the draft, and especially a sexist draft, and the States that use it--and the people that defend it.

They're not claims.
I'm not claiming it was satire. I'm claiming it was screamingly fucking obvious, over-the-top, tone-it-down-luv satire. It was not subtle. It wasn't some borderline case. It had multiple markers of satire.

The literal meanings of the statements were not true. They were not claims. A claim is an assertion that something is true.

noun
noun: claim; plural noun: claims
  1. 1.
    an assertion that something is true.
    "he was dogged by the claim that he had CIA links"
I must say, it took you awhile to drag out your bs pedantic defenses. You made a statement about Ukraine that you admit is false. The fact one of your "satires" failed again reflects more on your "satire" than on your audience.

I did not start some general thread about the draft. I started a thread with a hook, an angle. I read a story about women and children refugees fleeing Ukraine whilst Ukraine was simultaneously stopping men from leaving. I then googled further to verify and find out the exact details and one of the articles that came up was the CBS article that glossed over the situation of the millions of men the Ukraine was detaining in the country to concentrate on the situation of a single man who identified as a woman (and how hard done by he was by his maleness).

I synthesised these articles into a thread. I can see you don't appreciate the thread, but I should have thought it was obvious I was attacking the draft, and especially a sexist draft, and the States that use it--and the people that defend it.
Women are exempt from conscription in Russia. But you attacked Ukraine. A more responsible individual would have researched that beforehand so as to not appear like an idiot.

Women are exempt from conscription in Russia. But you attacked Ukraine. A more responsible individual would have researched that beforehand so as to not appear like an idiot.
I did not make any claims about Russia. I repeated facts about Ukraine. Your whataboutism is not a rebuttal of those facts.

I must say, it took you awhile to drag out your bs pedantic defenses. You made a statement about Ukraine that you admit is false. The fact one of your "satires" failed again reflects more on your "satire" than on your audience.
A while? Forgive me for sleeping at night. Yes, I made multiple screamingly obvious ironic statements about Ukraine, that only autistic-spectrum readers and those with English reading comprehension problems coupled with deliberate obtuseness would fail to understand.

My satire did not fail. I do not measure the success of my satire by how many deliberately obtuse people claim to have mistaken it for literal claims.

A while? Forgive me for sleeping at night. Yes, I made multiple screamingly obvious ironic statements about Ukraine, that only autistic-spectrum readers and those with English reading comprehension problems coupled with deliberate obtuseness would fail to understand.

My satire did not fail. I do not measure the success of my satire by how many deliberately obtuse people claim to have mistaken it for literal claims.
Your "satire" failed on many levels. BTW, I was commending you for withholding your flailing pedantry.

The question is why you don't say anything about Russia and attack Ukraine.
At some point, the letters "NWRT" come to mind.
Yeah, I should have known better. It's pretty obvious this OP came from under a bridge.
You are calling me a troll, which is, as I understand it, against forum rules.
Non. I don't see the word troll anywhere in my post.
You are calling me a troll. That is what your 'under the bridge' reference means, unless you are perhaps calling me Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT or claiming the genesis of my OP was a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. Not using the word 'troll' doesn't mean you are not calling me a troll, and whether you use the term or not, I am not making OPs that I don't believe in merely to shit-stir.

Your "satire" failed on many levels. BTW, I was commending you for withholding your flailing pedantry.
In your world, laughing dog, pedantry is using the meaning of words correctly. Which is not what a pedant is, but then you'll accuse me of being a pedant about the word 'pedant'.

Yeah, I should have known better. It's pretty obvious this OP came from under a bridge.
You are calling me a troll. That is what your 'under the bridge' reference means, unless you are perhaps calling me Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT or claiming the genesis of my OP was a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. Not using the word 'troll' doesn't mean you are not calling me a troll, and whether you use the term or not, I am not making OPs that I don't believe in merely to shit-stir.
Those are all possibilities. I'm sure there are more possibilities but I refuse to explain them.

Those are all possibilities. I'm sure there are more possibilities but I refuse to explain them.
Of course you refuse.

I do.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom