• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in trans: first "female" four-star admiral in U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is a man

So acknowledging trans people will lead to totalitarianism and Big Brother. Gotcha...

:rolleyes:

Acknowledging that trans people exist and are trans will not lead to totalitarianism.

Thank goodness. You had me scared there for a minute.

Indeed, the entire point is that Rachel Levine is not a woman but a transwoman, and transwomen are male. If Levine were female, he wouldn't be a transwoman.

Uh oh. Now the secret's out.

Thank goodness. You had me scared there for a minute.

Indeed, the entire point is that Rachel Levine is not a woman but a transwoman, and transwomen are male. If Levine were female, he wouldn't be a transwoman.

Uh oh. Now the secret's out.

Fuck, I thought I was cleared by the Cia and you bring interpol into this shit.

Must be hell getting directions from militant originalists.
"Turn left at the Pizza Hut." A direction i miss because the building in question hasn't offered food service in ten years and is now a Spirit Halloween.

"Ask the redhead." But everyone in the office is currently blonde, and i lack access to their follicular DNA.

"Talk to Merthyn." The name he went by as a child, but shifted to his middle name, Mark, because no one in Idaho knew how to pronounce Merthyn and he was tired of being called Mart, Mert, Wart, Merlin, and Thynda. Now he won't even turn if you call out for Merthyn.

18b8615655af3a2c.jpeg

The person who created that needs to do a recount. The caption is wrong.

So, it seems apparent to me that trans people will be attaining milestones before cis people achieve the same milestones.

Jarhyn, do you feel replaced? There were 4 4-star generals in the US Public Health Service prior to Levine. Listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...Service_Commissioned_Corps_four-star_admirals
So, you don't have to worry too much.

I don't really care. Honestly, such headlines are a lot of fluff about nothing other than saying "people who have been conforming all their lives are finally exercising, feel free to exercise, the right to break from that specific conformity."

It's just a statistical fact that I note, that it's more likely given the extreme overrepresentation of cismen in high ranking positions, that it will be more likely to see women entering them through transition via the bait/switch than to fight through the glass ceiling after "hatching".

The glass ceiling is still very much in tact despite some women having a "clever" (if degrading and painful to execute) exploit to bypass it.

That is what I was holding this up as evidence of.

It may even make for the first useful reason to note sex rather than gender: when female achievement reaches parity with trans-woman achievement, we may have finally reached a point where "the glass ceiling" can be said to be over.

Sure Jan.

BTW, if you are upset about a newspaper refers to someone, it will be more productive to write than to embarrass yourself here.

But it is not any single paper, as I hoped was clear from the OP.
If the postage expense that is stopping you., start a Go Fund Me page. Because this is not achieving your stated goal.
I am not embarrassed by my OPs.
Your ability to consistently miss the point is amazing.

Wouldn't it be simpler to have a thread titled "Genitalia Alert" where interested parties can point out the genitalia type of a person in the news to help all those who otherwise would be confused?

No. I'm not interested in Rachel Levine's genitalia. I'm interested in the media calling a human male, 'female'.
Of course you interested in the genitailia. How else can you stomp feet and declare someone's sex?

I shall reiterate once more that identification of a person as male or female by facial features alone is well over 90%. Secondary and tertiary sex characteristics cluster extraordinarily strongly into clear male and female categorization. Facial recognition software has a greater than 90% accuracy rate with respect to sex... which rather upsets some transgender people who feel that the technology is transphobic because it misgenders them by recognizing their biological sex.

There is no need to see Levine's genitals to clearly see she is male.

Because the feet are splayed? How about podium speaker with the parallel feet but dressed in a man's suit?
Well that's an absurd bit of pretense. Unless perhaps you think Levine is lying about being transgender, and is in actuality a natal female woman?
Outside of conscious effort, the position of feet is influenced by the shape and tilt of the pelvis. It generally ends up that subconscious positioning creates diverging feet in males and parallel feet in females. There are always exceptions, generally based on training and muscle memory, as well as intentional effort.
For a long time, I have wondered about what determines or influences that. Frankly, from my long-term observation, I say your explanation is unconvincing.

You can be unconvinced all you want. It doesn't alter the fact that male and female pelvises are physically different. This produces a difference in the angle between the hip and the femur, as well as between the femur and the tibia. That difference in angle produces different stances at rest as well as observably different gaits. A person can learn to alter their natural stance or gait, but the reality is that natural stance and gait is determined by the pelvis' relation to the legs.

Unfortunately this boils down to consideration.
Some people are just inconsiderate.
They have the privilege of being inconsiderate.
I have that privilege too, big deal.
You want a medal because it affects your feelings to be considerate?
Oh that's not fair, why?
Because you're selfish, who cares.

What's your opinion on a male-bodied person, with intact and fully functional male genitalia, being placed in a female prison cell because that transwoman was given a *choice* about their accommodation that was denied to people who do not identify as trans? Is the female being a privileged inconsiderate person if they don't want to share sensitive and vulnerable space with someone who could forcibly rape them?

So acknowledging trans people will lead to totalitarianism and Big Brother. Gotcha...

:rolleyes:

I might note, Emily and Metaphor are using the term "female" here as the impugned descriptor in the news.

Does the news coverage, on the left and also in general, ACTUALLY use the term "female" or rather is the term in use "woman" and they are just lying for Jesus to create some spin?

They actually use "female".

I no longer produce small motile gametes. Am no longer male? Opens up gift giving possibilities for xmas. I do not 'already have' a purse, for example.

Sex is determined by the gamete production around which your body is evolved, regardless of whether you actually produce them.

This kind of silly "is a woman past menopause no longer a woman" thing is as ridiculous as asking whether a person who is missing a leg is no longer human when it is pointed out that humans are definitively a bipedal species. It's poor fallacious logic.

Global failure against Covid-19 results in endemic existence of multiple strains of virus that has potential to overwhelm health care systems...
Just gonna toss in here that the class of coronaviruses is already endemic in the human species, and has been for as long as we've been human. Same is true for the class of rhinoviruses and influenza viruses.

Except those things kill at least a magnitude fewer people to render such an observation as mute.

What on earth? You are aware that COVID-19 *is* a coronavirus, aren't you? And also aware, I presume, that influenza has periodically had mutations that have killed millions of people?

Most of the time, these classes are not fatal. Well, most of the time influenza can be fatal, and hundreds of thousands of people die from influenza each year, but still, it's not generally considered a horribly lethal virus. Because most of the time, none of those classes are particularly deadly. But all of them are capable of mutating to be considerably more dangerous than they usually are. All three of those classes of viruses are already completely endemic in humans. There's an extremely high likelihood that this strain will continue to mutate (as do all coronaviruses), and is most likely to revert to the mean for coronaviruses, becoming a common cold. It could take a few years... but your comment about the "risk" of it becoming endemic is misplaced - coronaviruses are already endemic.

The glass ceiling is still very much in tact despite some women having a "clever" (if degrading and painful to execute) exploit to bypass it.

I would probably rephrase this to say:

The glass ceiling is still very much in tact despite some men having a clever way to pretend that they're bypassing it while simultaneously denying women from achieving that goal.

I suppose I must accept that the domination of trans ideology is (if not yet complete), inevitable. But it does not mean I have to go gentle into that good night.

It's truly admirable that you find the fortitude to keep on going. An inspiration to us all.

Except those things kill at least a magnitude fewer people to render such an observation as mute.

What on earth? You are aware that COVID-19 *is* a coronavirus, aren't you? And also aware, I presume, that influenza has periodically had mutations that have killed millions of people?

Most of the time, these classes are not fatal. Well, most of the time influenza can be fatal, and hundreds of thousands of people die from influenza each year, but still, it's not generally considered a horribly lethal virus. Because most of the time, none of those classes are particularly deadly. But all of them are capable of mutating to be considerably more dangerous than they usually are. All three of those classes of viruses are already completely endemic in humans. There's an extremely high likelihood that this strain will continue to mutate (as do all coronaviruses), and is most likely to revert to the mean for coronaviruses, becoming a common cold. It could take a few years... but your comment about the "risk" of it becoming endemic is misplaced - coronaviruses are already endemic.

You bring up a great point. Covid-19 is still causing problems and isn’t remotely like the common cold.

Anyone remember that last time nearly one million people were killed by an easily transmitted disease and people said, ‘Hey, it ain’t so bad.’

Back
Top Bottom