• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in trans: The Lancet, the ACLU, the Guardian

Nor have I ever been to or thrown a gender reveal party. Try google.

I can't 'try google' to find out what Toni believes and means when she says 'gender'. I did not say 'try google' when I was asked what I meant by the word 'woman'.

In common parlance, such as in this discussion, I tend to use gender for sex sometimes in casual conversation. Such as this one.

You may note that when talking about establishing sex by medical observation, I used sex and not gender.

You have not answered my question. You have said you sometimes use 'gender' to mean 'sex'. What do you mean by 'gender' when you are not using it to mean 'sex'?

You can google gender reveal party.

I can't 'try google' to find out what Toni believes and means when she says 'gender'. I did not say 'try google' when I was asked what I meant by the word 'woman'.

You have not answered my question. You have said you sometimes use 'gender' to mean 'sex'. What do you mean by 'gender' when you are not using it to mean 'sex'?

You can google gender reveal party.

So, you cannot or do not wish to disclose what you mean when you use the word 'gender', when you are not using it to mean 'sex'.

Google cannot reveal what you mean when you use the term 'gender'.

But you're a woman.
Jarhyn is a man.

Why don't you just shut up and recognize your place?
Tom

Hear me roar.

I hear you spew hate, I don't hear much roaring though.

You are a "menstruator", as much as you are a "woman". Your problem seems to be in others not immediately recognizing you in the way and capacity you would like.

Imagine that.

r/selfawarewolves material at it's best.

Emily Lake has a valid point: she is a woman, as am I. It is insulting and degrading to be referred to as a menstruator, just as it would be insulting to men to no longer call them men but ejaculators. Never mind that not all women menstruate and no woman menstruated all the time. After menopause, women are still women and they are still women after hysterectomies and mastectomies. Men who cannot or do not ejaculate are still men. Men do not only ejaculate and it would be insulting if they were referred to as ejaculators. Human beings are more than their bodily functions. Sex and gender encompass more than a bodily function.

There is nothing wrong with the word woman although some men seem extremely uncomfortable with the word. Too bad.

I do not object to trans women simply being referred to as women. The trans part is important medically and perhaps socially and politically. Aside from that, it’s none of my business.

I hear you spew hate, I don't hear much roaring though.

You are a "menstruator", as much as you are a "woman". Your problem seems to be in others not immediately recognizing you in the way and capacity you would like.

Imagine that.

r/selfawarewolves material at it's best.

Emily Lake has a valid point: she is a woman, as am I. It is insulting and degrading to be referred to as a menstruator, just as it would be insulting to men to no longer call them men but ejaculators. Never mind that not all women menstruate and no woman menstruated all the time. After menopause, women are still women and they are still women after hysterectomies and mastectomies. Men who cannot or do not ejaculate are still men. Men do not only ejaculate and it would be insulting if they were referred to as ejaculators. Human beings are more than their bodily functions. Sex and gender encompass more than a bodily function.

There is nothing wrong with the word woman although some men seem extremely uncomfortable with the word. Too bad.

I do not object to trans women simply being referred to as women. The trans part is important medically and perhaps socially and politically. Aside from that, it’s none of my business.

My point is that there are also "ejaculators" some of which are men.

Sometimes when people say something they actually mean to discuss that thing, not the thing that the other offended person wishes they were talking about or without drawing the connections the offended person wishes drawn. Maybe someone IS NOT talking to women, is talking exactly to the population of humans who have now or in the past menstruated.

Strangely, it's often the concept of menstruation that men find most disturbing and difficult to discuss when it comes to vulva-having peoples.

In fact there are a great many contexts where the phrase is more applicable than most: imagine a guy is having a comedy routine. Imagine this guy has a vulva. Now, is it erasing women for the men in the audience also born with vulvas to have some acknowledge some aspect of themselves that they do experience without tying that to a gender or set of social expectations of "femme"?

Nobody has a right to have their gender validated though, according to Emily. The irony is that here she is screaming that her gender is not being validated through assumption, when she refuses outright to validate the genders of others even when they beg.

I don't see her point in any of it.

Now, on the subject of anyone who would openly use the term to describe those around them, that goes like, way far beyond anything that is appropriate for the same reason that it is not appropriate to ask ANYONE what their genitals look like let alone tell them what their genitals look like in casual conversation.

Nobody has a right to have their gender validated though, according to Emily. The irony is that here she is screaming that her gender is not being validated through assumption, when she refuses outright to validate the genders of others even when they beg.

That's bullshit. None of what you've said here is true.

I've never referred to KIS as anything other than "she" and a woman. I think you're just butthurt because I refuse to validate your identity as wizardgender because it's utter nonsense.

Additionally, I'm not asking for my "gender" to be validated by expressing disgust toward the Lancet and the ACLU. I'm asking for my HUMANITY to be recognized, and to not be reduced to a fucking bodily function.

1) make up as many genders as you want

2) don't ask me to play make believe with you; I'm not your mommy

Name one species of mammal where the female is an "ejaculator." Just one.

Some mares have penises, and some stallions birth foals!

Can you not read? He said “JUST ONE”, and there you go with the plurals.

Ay yi yi

Not to mention that whole hyena thing... It's kinda hot, if it weren't such a self-risking biology.

God, I can't believe I pulled that magic off though. Emily finally, inevitably missing the point of all points and putting me in stitches.

Bravo Emily, I couldn't have done it without you.

"I refuse to validate your identity as wizardgender"

Your validation does not make nor unmake what I am, what I can do, and how and why I do it, there's a hint for you.

Reactions: WAB
More, I expect the "erasing women" dialogue was cut entire by cultural protectionists, gender essentialists, mostly said men who made the rules so as to stay some way.

Why do you assume this?

My observation is that the objection to seeing women erased comes very, very strongly from left-leaning feminists and lesbians. Because we'd rather not have to engage in newspeak to be able to describe our experiences, our reality, and our interactions.

I'm not a fucking "menstruator". It's insulting beyond all reason to be reduced to a bodily function. I'm a woman - and adult human female. And while not all women menstruate, only women do so.

Not true. Only people with ovaries and a uterus menstruate.

Not to mention that whole hyena thing... It's kinda hot, if it weren't such a self-risking biology.

God, I can't believe I pulled that magic off though. Emily finally, inevitably missing the point of all points and putting me in stitches.

Bravo Emily, I couldn't have done it without you.

"I refuse to validate your identity as wizardgender"

Your validation does not make nor unmake what I am, what I can do, and how and why I do it, there's a hint for you.

My validation doesn't alter what you are or what you can do. My refusal to validate should likewise not cause you any offense.

On the flip side, your perception and belief about yourself don't change reality in any way whatsoever. Similarly, your Humpty-Dumpty approach to words doesn't actually make them mean something new and special for anyone other than you.

Back
Top Bottom