• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Today's trial regarding whether a former president can be charged with a crime

It's gonna be a crowded tomb. The embalmers will probably need a triple set of canopic jars. And count on Ivankankhamun to have cherry picked all the precious metals and jewels.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Trump, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The Palm Beach sands stretch far away.

I watched the entire thing, as it appears some of you did as well. That lawyer, not only had the most annoying voice, he was nuts. He kept pretending that his claims were constitutional. Fortunately, as one person on MSNBC said this morning, it was almost as if you could read the judge's minds. They obviously weren't buying into the crazy idea that a president had total immunity unless he was impeached and removed from office. Impeachment is a political thing. It's not the same at all as being convicted in a court of law. Nice try assholes, but your argument was far fetched, and a nutty as hell.

I watched the entire thing, as it appears some of you did as well. That lawyer, not only had the most annoying voice, he was nuts. He kept pretending that his claims were constitutional. Fortunately, as one person on MSNBC said this morning, it was almost as if you could read the judge's minds. They obviously weren't buying into the crazy idea that a president had total immunity unless he was impeached and removed from office. Impeachment is a political thing. It's not the same at all as being convicted in a court of law. Nice try assholes, but your argument was far fetched, and a nutty as hell.
Total immunity and total power. Just dissolve the congress, do whatever you want because any less power in my hands is dangerous for the country. Play the gigantic fear and insecurity card. Keep peddling fear and keep sowing distrust.

Certainly lets hope there are enough of us not so stupid that we cannot recognize such a game. There are days when I honestly cannot believe claims so idiotic get this far. This shit shouldn't even see the light of day to be quite honest. There needs to be a mechanism where it gets smacked down for the garbage that it is well before this point. There are so many gullible and obedient idiots.

This showed up on my FB feed:

View attachment 45131
This concept struck me as a great subject for a satirical piece, a la The Onion. Biden planning hits and raids by black-ops types on everyone and everything he dislikes if the SCOTUS rules that he is immune to prosecution.
Tom

Expect the Righties to co-opt the plot. Joe will give his Wilmington address by mistake, and his house will be blown up with Hunter inside.

View attachment 45131
This concept struck me as a great subject for a satirical piece, a la The Onion. Biden planning hits and raids by black-ops types on everyone and everything he dislikes if the SCOTUS rules that he is immune to prosecution.
Tom
But, first he must convince the Democrats in the Senate not to remove him from office, after the House impeaches him, or according to Trump's so called lawyer, he can be convicted of a crime. That shouldn't be too hard to do, considering how dangerous it will be if Trump becomes president again. :unsure:

View attachment 45131
Tom
But, first he must convince the Democrats in the Senate not to remove him from office, after the House impeaches him, or according to Trump's so called lawyer, he can be convicted of a crime. That shouldn't be too hard to do, considering how dangerous it will be if Trump becomes president again. :unsure:

Imagine the end of an SNL skit being a Biden lookalike tottering out on stage. "Well, I don't entirely remember that day, but I am kinda old. <shrug>
I dunno.
Tom

View attachment 45131
Tom
Hey, if they threaten to impeach, exoneration is just a phone call away! Dead guys can’t vote.

View attachment 45131
Tom
No problem. Just assassinate a few senators too.

I think Lawrence Tribe is an alien.

64ff27202400001f0073f534.png

So if true, Biden could send Seal Team 6 to kill Trump. ETA: And his lawyers.
Why stop there?

There is a whole corrupt wing of the Republican party that puts Trump over party and country.

And according to Trump's lawyers, he could simply resign (having not been impeached) and be completely free of punishment
Which contradicts why Nixon, avoiding impeachment conviction in the Senate, resigned, BUT ONLY AFTER A PROMISE OF a post-resignation PARDON FOR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY from Ford.

So if true, Biden could send Seal Team 6 to kill Trump. ETA: And his lawyers.
Why stop there?

There is a whole corrupt wing of the Republican party that puts Trump over party and country.

And according to Trump's lawyers, he could simply resign (having not been impeached) and be completely free of punishment
Which contradicts why Nixon, avoiding impeachment conviction in the Senate, resigned, BUT ONLY AFTER A PROMISE OF a post-resignation PARDON FOR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY from Ford.
Clearly Nixon wasn’t as smart as Trump, then. He didn’t understand the Constitution as well as the orange genius.

Reactions: jab
Also the Senate in '74 had a few more Republicans with integrity and love of democracy, a problem Cheesy didn't (and won't ever) have to worry about.

he could simply execute anyone who votes for impeachment
It's like ancient Egypt... His Son by the Daughter-Wife will inherit the throne and the claim to Divinity, unless His other, forgotten Son gets to Him first.
I wonder how soon we can loot His tomb!
The British Museum will beat everyone else to it.

I used to think it would happen by lightning bolt, after a particularly outrageous lie. But the Christian god will never take Trump out, because the MAGA nuts would claim it was a drone strike, and god would have to reveal himself to get credit. And this is a god who always preserves the ambiguities that allow atheists/agnostics to argue that the universe doesn't appear to be the creation of a loving intelligence, for the reason that -- well, I never did get the reason for that.

Back
Top Bottom