• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump 2024?

Rupert Murdoch Has Dr. Frankenstein’s Monster Problem - "Murdoch’s conservative media outlets seem to have launched a coordinated effort to nudge Trump off the stage. It is not going well."

Tony Karon on Twitter: "Hmmm. Seems Trump is dead to the Murdochs (pic link)" / Twitter - to a picture of two New York Post front pages:
  • DeFuture -- Young GOP star DeSantis romps to victory in Florida
  • Trumpty Dumpty -- Don (who couldn't build a wall) had a great fall -- can all the GOP's men put the party back together again?
Trump, the Post columnist John Podhoretz argued, “sabotaged the Republican midterms” by elevating a string of weak gubernatorial and Senate candidates who supported his lies about the 2020 election but repelled voters.
Carl Quintanilla on Twitter: "WSJ EDITORIAL BOARD: “.. a perfect record of electoral defeat. .. he has led Republicans into one political fiasco after another.”
@WSJopinion #ElectionDay #midterms (links)" / Twitter

and
Trump Is the Republican Party’s Biggest Loser - WSJ - "He has now flopped in 2018, 2020, 2021 and 2022."
DeSantis Is a Winner. What Does That Mean for Trump in 2024? - WSJ - "The governor’s supporters send the former president a message by chanting “Two more years!”"

What a sight to see. :D

On Murdoch’s most influential outlet, Fox News, two of Trump’s closest allies on the television channel he gets his opinions from, Laura Ingraham and Kayleigh McEnany, sounded like hostage negotiators, urging the former president to admit his time was up and let his supporters go.
noting
Acyn on Twitter: "Ingraham: we're going to have to win and we have to win over voters, outside of our traditional base. That means young people too. (vid link)" / Twitter
Appealing to younger voters, Ingraham added, has “got to be the goal for the next presidential election.” Looking directly into the camera and speaking slowly, as if addressing an audience of one sitting before a television in Mar-a-Lago, Ingraham continued: “The populist movement is about ideas. It is not about any one person. If the voters conclude that you’re putting your own ego or your own grudges ahead of what’s good for the country, they’re going to look elsewhere, period.”
Seems like they are trying to move away from the cult of personality of Donald Trump.
McEnany, Trump’s former press secretary, seemed to be reading from the same script on Thursday when she told viewers that “there are 72 million people in this country that make up a movement. It is a conservative movement, it’s not tied to any one person.”
Acyn on Twitter: "Kayleigh: It is a conservative movement. It is not tied to one person (vld link)" / Twitter
“In 2016, they decided, ‘Our home is in President Trump,’” McEnany said. “This time around, these 72 million people, they will decide where their home is, only they will decide. No pundit will say, ‘It’s Trump,’ ‘It’s DeSantis.’ They’re smart, they’re wise, they’re going to read the tea leaves, and I have all the trust in the world they’re going to pick where their home is.”

“Then why did the former president come up with the name ‘DeSanctimonious’ a couple of days before” the election, fellow Fox host Lisa Kennedy Montgomery broke in to ask. “Well, he shouldn’t have,” McEnany responded. “There is,” she added in a description of a future Republican Party that must exclude Trump, “no place for nicknames.”
 List of nicknames used by Donald Trump has a BIG list.

"Sleepy Joe" Biden, "Coco Chow", "Low-Energy Jeb" Bush, "Lyin' Ted" Cruz, "Shifty" Schiff, "Cryin' Chuck" Schumer, Gretchen "Half-Whitmer", "Pocahontas", ...

“NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer great New York Post,” Trump raged on Thursday evening, “is all in for Governor Ron DeSanctimonious.” In the same rambling statement, Trump also tossed in a new conspiracy theory, claiming that he had dispatched the FBI to Florida in 2018 to shut down a Democratic plot to steal that year’s gubernatorial election from DeSantis. (In fact, Trump’s allegations of election fraud in Florida in 2018 were debunked by local law enforcement.)

In the 2010 midterms, Republicans lost three winnable Senate races because of deeply flawed, pro-insurrection and racist candidates supported by Sarah Palin, the party’s former vice presidential nominee turned Fox News contributor. Palin eventually decided to pass on a run for the White House in 2012, but it was not until June 2015 that she finally lost her contract with Fox — the week after Trump announced that he was running for president.
It's their mess, and I will enjoy rubbing their noses in it.

manny on Twitter: ""RON DESANCTIMONIOUS" LET'S GOOOO (pix link)" / Twitter - his statement reproduced as screencaps.

I love that Trump being on Twitter makes 'Truth Social' irrelevant.
It will be a joy to see him finish destroying the Republican party.

My prediction is that a republican crazy will get to him before the next election...

Acyn on Twitter: "Ingraham: we're going to have to win and we have to win over voters, outside of our traditional base. That means young people too. (vid link)" / Twitter
Appealing to younger voters, Ingraham added, has “got to be the goal for the next presidential election.” Looking directly into the camera and speaking slowly, as if addressing an audience of one sitting before a television in Mar-a-Lago, Ingraham continued: “The populist movement is about ideas. It is not about any one person. If the voters conclude that you’re putting your own ego or your own grudges ahead of what’s good for the country, they’re going to look elsewhere, period.”

Makes me think of the '12 post election analysis, where they realized they need to appeal to minorities more..

Of course that went over like a 400 lbs man who's doctor told him he needs to loose weight or could die. Tries one sit up, then says 'fuck it' and grabs a bag of chips.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, Fidel Cruz is making noises like he might run for president in 2024. Squeallllll!
Lyin’ Ted?? Cancun Cruz? Grandpa Munster?
I thought we might see Little Marco throw his hat in the ring, but didn’t figure for this.

I want to make a prediction:

Trump will be done in by a Q-anon crazy person. (I didn't want to use the ass word... even though nobody gives a fuck about this forum anymore)

Former President Trump dined and conversed with white nationalist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, at his Mar-a-Lago resort on Tuesday night, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: Trump's direct engagement with a man labeled a "white supremacist" by the Justice Department, one week after declaring his 2024 candidacy, is likely to draw renewed outrage over the former president's embrace of extremists.

• Fuentes, who frequently promotes racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, had been spotted with Ye at Mar-a-Lago, but reports erroneously suggested he did not have dinner with the former president.
What they're saying: "Kanye West very much wanted to visit Mar-a-Lago. Our dinner meeting was intended to be Kanye and me only, but he arrived with a guest whom I had never met and knew nothing about," Trump said in a statement.

• A Trump spokesman did not provide comment on additional reporting about the dinner. Fuentes did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Behind the scenes: A source familiar with the dinner conversation told Axios that Trump "seemed very taken" with Fuentes, impressed that the 24-year-old was able to rattle off statistics and recall speeches dating back to his 2016 campaign.

Behind the scenes: A source familiar with the dinner conversation told Axios that Trump "seemed very taken" with Fuentes, impressed that the 24-year-old was able to rattle off statistics and recall speeches dating back to his 2016 campaign.

Or to put it another way, Trump was impressed with someone who wouldn't stop talking about him. Best people indeed.

It's only acceptable for prominent politicians to meet with black supremacists. Duh!
5a6f6afaf12ab.image.png

gettyimages-1025521898.jpg

A rich celebrity wanted to have dinner with Trump. And Trump loves celebrities... and being at his resort, he wouldn't have to pay for it. Ah... you brought a guest. Is he a rich celebrity too? What I find interesting is that Trump is playing defense on this. Trump almost never plays defense.

The slow walk away from Trump is proceeding at the intended snail’s pace.
You’re not supposed to notice, just wake up one day and think “oh how I love Donald, but for some reason I feel like he deserves to live out his well earned retirement in peace, if only Biden and his corrupt FBI and DOJ would let him…” then go vote for DethSentence or Pompeo or whatever next scumbag the GQP comes up with.

Back
Top Bottom