• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump announces rallies in states where new infections are surging

The Tulsa County Health Department's COVID-19 page is frightening to look at. Check out the spike in cases in the last two weeks. You'd be better off playing in traffic than to go to that rally.
It is increasing, but there are less than 30 hospitalizations in the state.

Hospitalizations always lag infection rate by a few weeks. Give it time.

But, the curve doesn't get to 1,000 a day without passing 10 to 100 either.

They're pretty much in exponential growth right now. Packing thousands into an enclosed arena with lots of yelling and cheering is going to get them a long way toward 1000 a day.

I saw someone say the arena workers in Tulsa refuse to work the rally, but cannot find a news article.
That should be fun, if true. Took me half an hour to get the lights on in a VFW hall for a family reunion, with no one there to say 'the panel is behind the coat rack. Start at the bottom!'

The Tulsa County Health Department's COVID-19 page is frightening to look at. Check out the spike in cases in the last two weeks. You'd be better off playing in traffic than to go to that rally.
It is increasing, but there are less than 30 hospitalizations in the state. But, the curve doesn't get to 1,000 a day without passing 10 to 100 either.

The curve looks even worse today and hospitalizations are up to 47 as June 17th.

South Carolina looks worrisome as well, because their growth is starting more from scratch and is double digits now.

Oh, so we’re back to thinking that mass gatherings are bad? Hard to keep up.

Well you have my sympathy, but most people can think about more than one thing at a time, so if you find it hard to keep up, the problem is yours. Or by 'we' do you mean yourself and the mouse in your pocket?

tenor.gif

Oh, so we’re back to thinking that mass gatherings are bad? Hard to keep up.

Well you have my sympathy, but most people can think about more than one thing at a time, so if you find it hard to keep up, the problem is yours. Or by 'we' do you mean yourself and the mouse in your pocket?

Trausti, are you having a hard time differentiating between indoor and outdoor again?

LOL, Trump is going to lose because he will end up killing off enough of his rally-attending supporters.

Reading about the rally plans - that they say they will take a temperature and hand out masks and hand sanitizer.

But I wonder: how will rallyists react to being told they have a temp? And how will the temp takers respond to that response? Will they actually be turned away?

I don’t really wonder about the masks. These folks have said they don’t want to wear them, and their leader has said they don’t have to.

And the hand sanitizer? I suspect it won’t even be picked up from the bin.

It’s going to be an interesting evening. I hope they stay healthy, but... the odds are low.

Ha! Spreading already and the damn thing hasn't even started.

I hope these none of these assholes have the cheek to show up at a hospital requesting treatment later. The Trump crowd has been more than clear on where they stand when it comes to providing health care for ailments caused by "poor lifestyle choices".

Those orgy -- er -- rally goers have to wait a long time for the Dunce of Darkness to appear. They deserve a movie. Vincent Price in The Masque of the Red Death.

The Tulsa rally has been a bust attendance wise. Didn't fill up the 19K seat arena, and the planned overflow area outside is empty and they are taking down the stage where Trump was going to speak. Inside the arena, I estimate less than 5% are wearing masks. But who needs mask when in the presence of God's anointed one?

Inside the Cult of Trump, His Rallies Are Church and He Is the Gospel | Vanity Fair

Poor Brad was so hopeful yesterday.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/parscale/status/1274146685959143425?s=20[/TWEET]

Sad.

tulsa overflow.jpg

Attachments

• Ea_cM1nXYAEEije.jpg
    Ea_cM1nXYAEEije.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 6
Good news: Outbreak resulting from idiots appears to be less than it could have been.

Good news: Trump’s ego takes a hit. Expect late night Twitter Tantrum about the fake media lying about pandemic to keep people from going to his circle jerk.

Possible good news: Is Trump base support lessening?

Bad News: Trump et ap blaming failed attendance on protestors and Trump is lying about what protesters are doing.

Back
Top Bottom