• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Calls Americans Who Died in War ‘Losers’

He openly said that McGain was a loser because winners don't become prisoners of war. If that's not enough to convince people that he said these other things, then nothing will.

Someone should ask him his opinion about Nathan Hale -
Nathan Hale (June 6, 1755 – September 22, 1776) was an American soldier and spy for the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War. He volunteered for an intelligence-gathering mission in New York City but was captured by the British and executed. Hale has long been considered an American hero and, in 1985, he was officially designated the state hero of Connecticut.
By all accounts, Hale comported himself well before the hanging. It has traditionally been reported that his last words, either entirely or in part, were: "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."

and whether he admires Benedict Arnold -
He is best known for his defection from the Continental Army to the British side of the conflict in 1780. General George Washington had given him his fullest trust and placed him in command of the West Point, New York. Arnold planned to surrender the fort to British forces, but the plot was discovered in September 1780 and he fled to the British lines.

Donald J. Trump -

Well, Hale was a lousy spy. It's been a while, but i seem to recall he violated nearly every basic rule of being a spy. Died well, though.

I don't think Trump despises soldiers who lose as much as he despises people who put themselves at risk of such. He seems totally unable to grasp any motivation other than profit, direct material gain. You couldn't pay him enough to get shot at, what kind of loser gets shot st for military wage?

So, he probably knows enough to not say he admires Arnold, though he might suggest he had the right idea. Be a general, get lots of monry. Too bad it fell apart.
He would scorn Hale, though. Died on his first mission, only got a dubmarine named after him.

Well, Hale was a lousy spy. It's been a while, but i seem to recall he violated nearly every basic rule of being a spy. Died well, though.

I don't think Trump despises soldiers who lose as much as he despises people who put themselves at risk of such. He seems totally unable to grasp any motivation other than profit, direct material gain. You couldn't pay him enough to get shot at, what kind of loser gets shot st for military wage?

So, he probably knows enough to not say he admires Arnold, though he might suggest he had the right idea. Be a general, get lots of monry. Too bad it fell apart.
He would scorn Hale, though. Died on his first mission, only got a dubmarine named after him.

He doesn't understand how anyone would do anything without a profit motive.

Which also seems to be his philosophy of running the government.

Fucking hell. The media is a fiery cauldron of shit.

EhCx5-cWoAEpTW4

EhCx5_VXsAE-MoN

Bolton's recount simply reinforces Trump's image as a preening coward, because the rules are not different for the leaders of France or Great Britain or any other of our important allies. If Trump had wanted to go - he would have been there.

But, Trump Derangement Syndrome causes the afflicted to say anything in defense of their supreme leader.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/me...ed-military-in-blunt-talking-msnbc-interview/

Asked to respond to reports that Donald Trump has slurred American military dead as “losers and suckers,” a Medal of Honor recipient told an MSNBC host that he was not surprised at the accusations levied against the president and added that he has heard similar claims from friends who are still in the military and have had interactions with the president.

More shoes will drop. Deranged Trumpoids will claim it is all "Fake News!" by anonymous sources. But few people would risk military careers criticizing Trump openly. Now. But a few probably will come out in the open shortly before election day when Trump has less time and opportunity to screw them over and end their careers. And maybe assurances from the Biden campaign, Pelosi, and Schumer they will offer as much protection as possible from an angry and vindictive Trump. There is going to be an October surprise for sure.

Although I doubt this will matter to his believers, the claim sounds exactly like something that Trump would say. I read this morning that for the first time in generation, Trump has less support than Biden does from enlisted military men and women. I think it was something like 41% favor Biden to 37% favor Trump.
And shortly after hearing about this survey, Trump ordered the Pentagon to stop publishing Stars & Stripes. It's only been keeping ghe troops informed since the Civil War....

No reason was given for the shutdown.

Although I doubt this will matter to his believers, the claim sounds exactly like something that Trump would say. I read this morning that for the first time in generation, Trump has less support than Biden does from enlisted military men and women. I think it was something like 41% favor Biden to 37% favor Trump.
And shortly after hearing about this survey, Trump ordered the Pentagon to stop publishing Stars & Stripes. It's only been keeping ghe troops informed since the Civil War....

According to the right wingers on FB, it's "become a liberal rag" in the last 15-20 years, so that's probably good enough reason.

"National security."

The AP and Wapo have confirmed parts of the story.

Report: Trump disparaged U.S. war dead as ‘losers,’ ‘suckers’ - AP

A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.

Trump said U.S. soldiers injured and killed in war were ‘losers,’ magazine reports - The Washington Post

A former senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly, confirmed to The Washington Post that the president frequently made disparaging comments about veterans and soldiers missing in action, referring to them at times as “losers.”

In one account, the president told senior advisers that he didn’t understand why the U.S. government placed such value on finding soldiers missing in action because they had performed poorly and gotten caught and deserved what they got, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

Trump believed people who served in the Vietnam War must be “losers” because they hadn’t gotten out of it, according to a person familiar with the comments. Trump also complained bitterly to then-Chief of Staff John F. Kelly that he didn’t understand why Kelly and others in the military treated McCain, who had been imprisoned and tortured during the Vietnam War, with such reverence. “Isn’t he kind of a loser?” Trump asked, according to the person familiar with Trump’s comments.

Well, Orango just scuttled backwards here, and has just tweeted that the US will NOT stop funding for Star and Stripes.

From Raw Story:

From RealDonaldTrump
The United States of America will NOT be cutting funding to @starsandstripes magazine under my watch. It will continue to be a wonderful source of information to our Great Military!

Fox News has even confirmed the reporting as well, making them low ratings, losers of course.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1301975321495973889[/TWEET]

It's a long thread, the full text.

Fox News said:
Two former sr Trump admin officials confirm .@JeffreyGoldberg reporting that President Trump disparaged veterans and did not want to drive to honor American war dead at Aisne-Marne Cemetery outside Paris.

According to one former senior Trump administration official: "When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker'."

This former official heard the President say about American veterans: "What's in it for them? They don't make any money." Source: "It was a character flaw of the President. He could not understand why someone would die for their country, not worth it."

I read the source a few quotes from The Atlantic article. This former Trump admin official said, "The President would say things like that. He doesn't know why people join the military. He would muse, 'Why do they do it'?"

Re: trip to mark 100th anniversary of WW I
Source: "The President was not in a good mood. Macron had said something that made him mad about American reliability and the need perhaps for a European army. He questioned why he had to go to two cemeteries. 'Why do I have to do two'?"

President Trump's staff explained he could cancel (his visit to the cemetery), but he was warned, 'They (the press) are going to kill you for this'." The President was mad as a hornet when they did.

When asked IF the President could have driven to the Aisne-Marne Cemetery, this former official said confidently:
"The President drives a lot. The other world leaders drove to the cemeteries. He just didn't want to go."

Regarding Trump's July 4th military parade, during a planning session at the White House after seeing the Bastille Day parade in 2017, the President said regarding the inclusion of "wounded guys" "that's not a good look" "Americans don't like that," source confirms.

Regarding McCain, "The President just hated John McCain. He always asked, 'Why do you see him as a hero?" Two sources confirmed the President did not want flags lowered but others in the White House ordered them at half mast. There was a stand off and then the President relented.

Only cult members would deny he said these things.

Well, Orango just scuttled backwards here, and has just tweeted that the US will NOT stop funding for Star and Stripes.

From Raw Story:

From RealDonaldTrump
The United States of America will NOT be cutting funding to @starsandstripes magazine under my watch. It will continue to be a wonderful source of information to our Great Military!

Of course, he likely ordered the closure himself because they wouldn't kiss his ass. As opposed to the VOA which was just taken over by a Trump crony and will become Trumpo Rose radio.

Leviticus 21

16 The LORD said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy.

So His Flatulence is god?

Satan is more like it. (That is, if the roles are even right. The god of the Bible killed millions, Satan killed almost nobody.)

From Raw Story:

From RealDonaldTrump

Minnesota Star Tribune has Esper as the bad guy and Trump saying, "Not on my watch".

This will surely sink his candidacy just like the Access Hollywood tapes did in 2016. C'mon now, the American electorate is not *that* dumb and shallow that they would still vote for him.

This will surely sink his candidacy just like the Access Hollywood tapes did in 2016. C'mon now, the American electorate is not *that* dumb and shallow that they would still vote for him.

They aren’t dumb, they are spiteful of liberals.

Being dumb and being spiteful of liberals go hand in hand.

I suggest we just lay out grenades with pins in and let Trump keep pulling them out.

One of these time when the Compulsory One in Chief realizes he shouldn'ta done that it will be too late.

The grenade will 'splode in his face and we won't have The Donald to tease any more.

Plan?

This will surely sink his candidacy
It's probably not the Silver Bullet, but one more straw.

Remember four years ago? Sometimes he could hold it together long enough to read a prepared speech, sound intelligent, come down on the right side of issues?
And people would point and say, 'There! This is the point we'll say "That's when he started acting Presidential." Finslly."

But, no. No one's still waiting for him to figure out the job, or turn into a statesman. Either they cherish the raging fuck-knuckle as he is, or they have given up on him doing anything but rage, lie, and steal.

Day after day after straw after day...

Back
Top Bottom