• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Calls Americans Who Died in War ‘Losers’

Hey, didn't Trump want to be recognized as a 'wartime president' for fighting this plague? Like the plague is a war...? Does that mean the 180K+ dead are all losers? Suckers?

Just the nurses and doctors who risked their live treating covid patients, and died as a result. Suckers and losers the lot of them.

Meanwhile back at the Atlantic magazine...

Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg warned that more could be coming in the story about President Donald Trump’s attacks on American soldiers. Trump was exposed for calling those who died in battle “losers” and “suckers.
“I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks,” Goldberg told CNN Sunday. “We have a responsibility and we’re going to do it regardless of what he says.”

This is going to be jolly great fun. Forget the popcorn. I am going to open a big bag of Cheetos.

Surely this will be the scandal that sinks Trump!

:rolleyes:

Trump seems to be a floater. No matter how many times you flush, he simply won't go down the drain. He should be trailing Biden by 20% by now. No matter how bad he screws up, the MAGATs don't care.

Meanwhile back at the Atlantic magazine...

Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg warned that more could be coming in the story about President Donald Trump’s attacks on American soldiers. Trump was exposed for calling those who died in battle “losers” and “suckers.
“I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks,” Goldberg told CNN Sunday. “We have a responsibility and we’re going to do it regardless of what he says.”

This is going to be jolly great fun. Forget the popcorn. I am going to open a big bag of Cheetos.

David Frum, who still considers himself a conservative and a Republican, has a nice Atlantic magazine column on Trump's record of trashing those in military service, from ordinary soldiers to high-ranking officers. What makes it so interesting is that we can all recall these stories, but we are so used to them that we filter them out until we are reminded of them. Ardent Trump supporters also see them, but they take every incident as if it were some kind of isolated aberration. And they don't have any difficulty believing that this entire story was faked just to embarrass Trump, rather than something that he has been doing repeatedly. Despite the title of Frum's piece, everyone doesn't know it's true. They ought to, but they have conditioned themselves not to. So they are outraged that anyone would take a story with unnamed sources as true until those making the charges reveal themselves publicly.

See Everyone Knows It's True

Ok, now they are moving from denial to he didn’t mean it how it sounds...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...ate-the-troops-he-just-sounds-like-an-asshole

I really don’t care about this stuff myself. I grew up in the NY media bubble so I know what DT is all about. It’s just interesting to see how it plays out in a US Political arena. If anything, it’s been fascinating to see.
From your link
But it’s because he hates the wars they’re forced to fight, not the service members themselves.
. Trump hated that we fought WWII?

Back
Top Bottom