• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is not a racist

The thing is, even if we were to agree a particular country is a ‘shithole’, how is that in any way the individuals fault? It is very likely the state of that country is due to factors such as economic exploitation, corruption, and religious/political extremism. Many of the people who are against those people immigrating are the same ones supporting those same factors here, thus they are the ones helping to turn this into a third world country

The biggest factor in making a country a shithole is a fucked-up government.

you pulled that out of your ass. I'll do the same thing. the biggest factor in making a country a shithole are catastrophic events that a single, small govt cannot handle such as aggressive war by a bigger nation, major earthquakes, tsunamis, nuclear fallout, etc.
I don't know if that is completely fair. Lots of bad places have bad governments, but certainly, some nations like Haiti and Bangladesh seem to be the pissing grounds of Mother Nature.

Anyone mention Puerto Rico?

I agree with Trump 100%. We don’t need to bring in anyone from a shit hole country.

Any immigrants wanting to come here should have an IQ of no less than 110. The shit hole countries don’t offer much in intellectual people.

43% of immigrants to the USA from African countries have a bachelor's degree or higher, compared to 33% of the overall American population.

More than 25% of Nigerian-Americans have a graduated degree compared to only 11% of white Americans.

Perhaps we should immigrate more people from African countries and Haiti and the other countries Trump calls "shitholes", and deport the clearly-low-IQ Trump supporters and their racist Dear Leader, Trump himself.

They still have a low IQ.
Are you going to lead by example?

I agree with Trump 100%. We don’t need to bring in anyone from a shit hole country.

Any immigrants wanting to come here should have an IQ of no less than 110. The shit hole countries don’t offer much in intellectual people.

43% of immigrants to the USA from African countries have a bachelor's degree or higher, compared to 33% of the overall American population.

More than 25% of Nigerian-Americans have a graduated degree compared to only 11% of white Americans.

Perhaps we should immigrate more people from African countries and Haiti and the other countries Trump calls "shitholes", and deport the clearly-low-IQ Trump supporters and their racist Dear Leader, Trump himself.

maybe. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald Trump's racism is not a recent phenomenon. There is a documented history of it that goes back at least to 1973, when Nixon's Justice Department sued the Trump family business for racial discrimination in screening applicants for rentals. That was the year that I got my first full time job teaching linguistics at Columbia University in NYC, so I've been aware of his attitudes towards race for a long time. He was never as blatant and overt about it as George Wallace, but it is uncommon for racists to admit their prejudice publicly. George Wallace ultimately apologized for his racism in the 1970s. Trump has never admitted it in public and never apologized for it.

Here is a sampling of articles that have appeared on it in the past.:

Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What the Record Shows.
Trump’s history of racial controversies
Every moment in Donald Trump’s long and complicated history with race
Donald Trump's long history of racism
Trump's Long History of Racism
Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2018

This is the phenomenon I was referring to in my earlier post. You want to draft people onto your baseball team, you look at their stats. An individual person is completely reducible to their stats, and we don't need to worry about whether the stats measure everything we want them to measure. Just trust the stats. Get the people with good stats. They will help us win... whatever it is we are trying to win. The reward for winning is to be a winner. The way to solve problems is to throw winners at the problems.

So what are the expectations here? Are democrats going to sell greencard lottery for something?
I have a feeling that they are planing to do that.

<snip>
You are even more unintelligible than usual, <snip>
<snip>
I know what planing means--it's a carpentry term for smoothing something out--I'm not sure of the meaning of your metaphor here.
I gather from Dictionary.com that the only time "English" is not capitalized is when it is some sort of sports term--and once again I am not sure of the meaning of your metaphor as to language either.

Last edited by a moderator:
That a place is a shithole is a reason not to go TO it, and a reason to want to come FROM it.

There is no particular reason why somebody coming from a shithole would be undesirable; It shows that he has good judgment, in preferring your nation over his shithole; and is a compliment to your nation.

Unless you want your immigrants all to be people of poor judgment, who choose to move from nice places like Norway to shitholes like the USA.

Import the third world become the third world.

Those who created the US into the leader of the first first were living "shithole" lives elsewhere, on par with the third world people of today.

That a place is a shithole is a reason not to go TO it, and a reason to want to come FROM it.

There is no particular reason why somebody coming from a shithole would be undesirable; It shows that he has good judgment, in preferring your nation over his shithole; and is a compliment to your nation.

Unless you want your immigrants all to be people of poor judgment, who choose to move from nice places like Norway to shitholes like the USA.

Those who created the US into the leader of the first first were living "shithole" lives elsewhere, on par with the third world people of today.

'Cept the Norweigians. They're real 'Murrikans right from the start. Just check their skin and eyes!

So you are suggesting that we deport the low IQ Trump voters? I'm on board with that!

you pulled that out of your ass. I'll do the same thing. the biggest factor in making a country a shithole are catastrophic events that a single, small govt cannot handle such as aggressive war by a bigger nation, major earthquakes, tsunamis, nuclear fallout, etc.
I don't know if that is completely fair. Lots of bad places have bad governments, but certainly, some nations like Haiti and Bangladesh seem to be the pissing grounds of Mother Nature.

Anyone mention Puerto Rico?

Trump clearly thinks Puerto Rico is a "shithole" 3rd world country too. He failed to respond with resources after H.Maria; was slow in sending the hospital ship, and then removed it way too early. 50% of the island is still without power/utilities. He mostly left P.R. out of the assistance package, giving Florida and Texas FAR FAR FAR more fed money even though P.R. was harder hit.

He has had it out for Puerto Rico forever, and I'll bet you he tried to deport/ban them too until the grownups told the ignorant troll he couldn't because they are U.S. citizens.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/ha...r-laundered-stolen-money-through-trump-tower/

According to the Buzzfeed News report, the Haitian government complained in the 1980s that former dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier laundered money stolen from the Caribbean nation’s treasury by purchasing an apartment in Trump Tower.
Duvalier, nicknamed “Baby Doc,” was overthrown in 1986, but three years earlier used a Panamanian shell company called Lasa Trade and Finance to buy apartment 54-K in Trump’s Manhattan tower for $446,875 cash.

----

Uhmmmm.... My, my, my.

RavenSky said:
Trump clearly thinks Puerto Rico is a "shithole" 3rd world country too...

You could tell because of all the toilet paper he was throwing at them.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/ha...r-laundered-stolen-money-through-trump-tower/

According to the Buzzfeed News report, the Haitian government complained in the 1980s that former dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier laundered money stolen from the Caribbean nation’s treasury by purchasing an apartment in Trump Tower.
Duvalier, nicknamed “Baby Doc,” was overthrown in 1986, but three years earlier used a Panamanian shell company called Lasa Trade and Finance to buy apartment 54-K in Trump’s Manhattan tower for $446,875 cash.

----

Uhmmmm.... My, my, my.

That guy was one of the good ones. He had a stable mentality and high IQ like Trump.

Like most of the third worlds problem's, Haiti's were caused by first world countries.
France enslaved it and destroyed it when Haitian revolted around 1800. France then demanded Haiti become indebted to France for the lost value of its slaves. The US, wanting to protect its own slavery not only supported France's demand but refused to acknowledge Haiti as independent and put a trade embargo on it that further destroyed its economy for another century. That debt hung over Haiti's head for 150 years, keeping the nation in poverty.
This debt made Haiti too poor to build widespread energy infrastructure, so the people have relied upon wood fuel. With the total absence of government regulation of the sort the Trump and all "free market" idiots love, the forests have been clear cut for wood, causing massive soil erosion and flooding during the many hurricanes Haiti is subject to.

Had Haiti's status as a "shithole" not been in large part the fault of the US, allowing immigrants from their would still be the right thing to do, but given our role, it is morally reprehensible not to do it. And we should exert all the power we can on France to pay back every cent the extorted from Haiti, with interest.

'Cept the Norweigians. They're real 'Murrikans right from the start. Just check their skin and eyes!

Even the Norwegian immigrants where mostly living "shithole" lives of persecution and poverty, and were not the cream of the crop from their country.
I'm not making a racial argument, but pointing out that the leading nation of the "first world" was built by "third world" type folks of all races.

But if that was true, to get to the situation the US is in now you'd have to had had a lot more immigration from racist banana republics...

Like most of the third worlds problem's, Haiti's were caused by first world countries.
France enslaved it and destroyed it when Haitian revolted around 1800. France then demanded Haiti become indebted to France for the lost value of its slaves. The US, wanting to protect its own slavery not only supported France's demand but refused to acknowledge Haiti as independent and put a trade embargo on it that further destroyed its economy for another century. That debt hung over Haiti's head for 150 years, keeping the nation in poverty.
This debt made Haiti too poor to build widespread energy infrastructure, so the people have relied upon wood fuel. With the total absence of government regulation of the sort the Trump and all "free market" idiots love, the forests have been clear cut for wood, causing massive soil erosion and flooding during the many hurricanes Haiti is subject to.

Had Haiti's status as a "shithole" not been in large part the fault of the US, allowing immigrants from their would still be the right thing to do, but given our role, it is morally reprehensible not to do it. And we should exert all the power we can on France to pay back every cent the extorted from Haiti, with interest.

You must be a communist. That was a long time ago. None of those people are still alive. So everyone is on equal footing now.

[/sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom