• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump just revoked former CIA Director John Brennan’s security clearance

https://twitter.com/ARTEM_KLYUSHIN/status/1021714949473808387

This Tweet is from July 24th.

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders' document regarding this is from July 26.

I’m confused??? This is in Russian.

SLD

translated by a computer said:
Former CIA directors John Brennan and Michael Hayden, former FBI director James Komi and his deputy Andrew McCabe, former director of the National Intelligence James Clapper, ex-adviser on Homeland Susan Rice are forgiven for access to classified materials. Welcome to the real world!

It lists people he's revoked security clearance. Two days before the date on Sanders' document.

I'm sure they'll all land on their feet. The only loser is the US in that it's likely in each case, a subject matter expert is being hamstrung and having to work away from their field of expertise.

Watching early morning news it seems like what Trump did is a goof thing.

The questioning and criticism has gone up a few notches. He may not even realize it, he is starting to fuck with American patriotism, apple pie, and motherhood. The backlash may be slow put it appears to be gaining momentum.

Former CIA directors John Brennan and Michael Hayden, former FBI director James Komi and his deputy Andrew McCabe, former director of the National Intelligence James Clapper, ex-adviser on Homeland Susan Rice are forgiven for access to classified materials. Welcome to the real world!

It lists people he's revoked security clearance. Two days before the date on Sanders' document.

And how did this Russian government official know what's going on before it as announced.

"No collusion, No collusion, No collusion..."

Admiral McRaven, Architect of bin Laden raid issues stunning rebuke of Trump

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.
"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he added.

The questioning and criticism has gone up a few notches. He may not even realize it, he is starting to fuck with American patriotism, apple pie, and motherhood. The backlash may be slow put it appears to be gaining momentum.
Dude, that is all deep state stuff. As long as the GOP look at their toes, nothing is building.

And how did this Russian government official know what's going on before it as announced.

"No collusion, No collusion, No collusion..."
I explained it a couple posts up. Trump and Sanders talked about them the day previous.

Actually it looks like his base loves the idea. I listen to some right wing radio shows for context and they’re all justifying it and high fiving it. I post on another Facebook page with a bunch of rabid trumpinistas and they’re all orgasmic over it. Best thing they’ve seen. Now they’re hoping for more.

SLD

Actually it looks like his base loves the idea. I listen to some right wing radio shows for context and they’re all justifying it and high fiving it. I post on another Facebook page with a bunch of rabid trumpinistas and they’re all orgasmic over it. Best thing they’ve seen. Now they’re hoping for more.

SLD

Yeah, that's the thing. What everyone should recognize as a shocking abuse of power with potential First Amendment implications is cheered on by Trumptards. America simply doesn't have the intellectual horsepower to recover from this. That's not to say there aren't great minds in America; of course there are. But it's like the nation has a fatal illness. A virus doesn't have to invade every single cell in order to kill you, it just has to invade and destroy enough. And that's what Limbaugh, Fox, etc. have done--enough.

It's horribly ironic that free speech and expression, the most important foundational stone of the Republic, is what will have been hammered, warped, and shattered in order to bring it down.

I think that McRaven's op ed in the Washington Post deserves a complete reading:

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

As Rachel Maddow noted on last night's show, where will this go from here? What's the next step after the WH and Fox News come out to try to destroy the Admiral? The parts of it that I bolded are (or border on) insubordination. How will the rest of the world's nations interpret this? Why do I think we're on the verge of civil war and that this really deserves an OP of its own that begins with "Holy Shit!"?

Treedbear said:
The parts of it that I bolded are (or border on) insubordination.
No, he's retired. So he's a private citizen who no longer is under the UCMJ strictures against speaking his mind. Though if he's inactive reserve, they may activate him, in order to peevushly order him to shut up.

More to the point, though, this is what they kept saying at the Nuremburg trials. Admirals, Generals, LEADERS were expected to speak up abd say, hold on. This is wrong. We should stop this.

They made it clear to us in the annual training that we have a responsibilitybto protect the nation from mistakes as w ell as attacks, from enemies inside and out.

This (insubordination) is what's supposed to happen.

Treedbear said:
The parts of it that I bolded are (or border on) insubordination.
No, he's retired. So he's a private citizen who no longer is under the UCMJ strictures against speaking his mind. Though if he's inactive reserve, they may activate him, in order to peevushly order him to shut up.

More to the point, though, this is what they kept saying at the Nuremburg trials. Admirals, Generals, LEADERS were expected to speak up abd say, hold on. This is wrong. We should stop this.

They made it clear to us in the annual training that we have a responsibilitybto protect the nation from mistakes as w ell as attacks, from enemies inside and out.

This (insubordination) is what's supposed to happen.

Well said.

Although when my father retired, it took him a while to realize that he could speak his own mind when in public. :D

Although when my father retired, it took him a while to realize that he could speak his own mind when in public. :D
Really?

My problem was NOT popping tall if i was on a quarterdeck when they shouted "Attention on deck!"
Feeling free to speak out was not an was not an issue after i retired.

Although, come to think of it, mouthing off was nevervsomething i had to work up the nerve for before i retired....

Really?

My problem was NOT popping tall if i was on a quarterdeck when they shouted "Attention on deck!"

Although, come to think of it, mouthing off was nevervsomething i had to work up the nerve for before i retired....

shocked-surprised-face-asian-man-260nw-359543738.jpg

There needs to be an amendment that prevents the use of presidential power for personal reasons and gain.

Really?

Immediately after retiring, my dad appeared on a number of panels here in Chicago. All too often, he would "toe the company line" and speak the same way he would have while a public affairs officer for the Air Force instead of expressing his own views. I had to chastise him a few times before he corrected.

He was a PA officer and very much used to carefully controlling what he said and speaking on behalf of the Air Force instead of himself. You were just a mildly insubordinate subbie used to annoying your superiors. Different worlds.

Back
Top Bottom