• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump: President Obama was born in the United States, period.

He doesn't admit it was nonsense. He makes a flat statement - "President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period." - and then falsely blames Hillary Clinton for starting the birther bullshit and falsely takes credit for making President Obama produce a birth certificate.

Did he actually say it?

Is there video?

Yes, but please don't make me go find it for you. I'm not pulling a Loren. I just can't subject myself to any more Trump than I'm already forced to see/hear on the 24/7 news cycle.

Hooray, Trump maybe walked away from his racist idiotic conspiracy theory, only eight years after Obama disproved it to the satisfaction of anyone who isn't a white supremacist. And he only managed to not apologize, lie about what he did, and lie about what Clinton did while doing so.

You know, I wouldn't actually care if he had apologized, since he's done so much more awful shit since then. What can I say?

He is who we thought he was.

"Now let's go on to making America great again."

That was it as far as his birther statement goes. No apology. Douche! :mad:

In interviews Trump has already bragged that he never apologizes. Such it the cost of electing someone with borderline personality disorder.

Anyway, even if it were true that Hillary's campaign started it, it would mean he believed something Hillary's campaign claimed. That's hilarious.

Trump Lied.

In today's press conference, Trump claimed that: "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. I finished it! You know what I mean."

One presumes he means what he stated, that HC and her campaign were the ones who started the birther controversy. They did not, therefore Trump is lieing.

As has been shown by all fact checkers, there has been NO EVIDENCE that HC or anyone in her campaign initiated the controversy. All that is known is that an anonymous email sparked birther speculation among those American voters who supported Hillary Clinton, and that one of the first lawsuits over Obama's birth certificate was filed by Philip Berg, a former deputy Pennsylvania attorney general and a self-described “moderate to liberal” who supported Clinton.

Trump was the one that revived the birther controversy in his 2011 campaign for the Republican nomination. He said he had been studying it, and had “people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding.” In spite of the fact that Michelle Bachmann acknowledged that the controversy was over with the production of a birth certificate, Trump in April of 2011 still dodged on the issue:

Repeatedly pressing the issue of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate finally reached a breaking point for Donald Trump Thursday morning, when he snapped at a TV interviewer to stop asking questions about it and focus instead on his stances on OPEC and job creation.

"You have to stop asking me about a birth certificate," Trump said on CNN, after weeks in which his play to the widely discredited “birther” movement has allowed him to dominate media coverage of the presidential race. "You've got to stop asking the questions.
“The problem is every time I go on a show — like as an example, this morning — the first question you asked me is about the birth certificate,” said Trump, who has said on numerous occasions that he’s “proud” to embrace the issue. ...

CNN’s Ali Velshi had given Trump a chance to disavow his claims about Obama, which Velshi called a “ludicrous discussion.” Confronted with Trump’s exasperation at the birther questions, Velshi shot back: "We'll stop asking you the questions when you stop saying that President Obama can't prove he is born in the United States. Is that a deal?"

The CNN interview Thursday morning was not Trump's first somewhat-combative response to questions about his stance on the president's birthplace. Earlier this week, a seemingly frustrated Trump said “Good Morning America” anchor George Stephanopoulos had been "co-opted" by "Obama and his minions" after Stephanopoulous drove a similarly hard line of questioning.

Earlier this year Trump claimed that:

“Do you know that Hillary Clinton was a birther? She wanted those records and fought like hell. People forgot. Did you know John McCain was a birther? Wanted those records?[…]" and told a CPAC meeting that "“Hillary Clinton wanted [Obama’s] birth certificate. Hillary is a birther. She wanted … but she was unable to get it.”

And so, five years after Michelle Bachmann said that the birth certificate proves Obama was born in the US, Donald Trump (forced by his campaign mangers) acknowledges it.

None the less, he continues to lie about who started it and his own role in keeping it alive till 2016.

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/birtherism-where-it-all-began-053563

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...ificate-his-response-is-brutal/#ixzz4KS9Dqm00

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/trump-stop-asking-birther-questions-053531#ixzz4KSAewm3P
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/bachmann-birther-issue-settled-053468

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/was-hillary-clinton-the-original-birther/

And so, five years after Michelle Bachmann said that the birth certificate proves Obama was born in the US, Donald Trump (forced by his campaign mangers) acknowledges it.

I think the assumption that Donald Trump was forced isn't a good assumption.

I think the assumption that Donald Trump was forced isn't a good assumption.

There may be a better term, but I have little doubt that Trump was "forced" in the same sense of forcing a confession; compelling him to do something he was loath to do. Until Roger Ailes, Steve Bannon, and Kellyanne Conway came on board, he resisted eight months of pressure to pivot into a normal person. Manafort occasionally got him to make wooden robotic scripted speeches, and his daughter and son-in-law got him to stay on a script for his acceptance speech, but most of the time Trump was ad libbing himself in noxious attacks and/or threats against anyone he thought wronged him. The single time Priebus forced Trump to endorse fellow Republicans, he was sullen, dark, and clearly resentful.

However, Ailes is credited with bringing Trump to some degree of on-going sanity...an equally powerful personality who has been known to intimidate more than one politician. Trump would never admit he was wrong, so that crafted a "I ended it...I ended it...you know what I mean" "out".

It was impossible for Trump to say "I was wrong, I thought there was a basis. I should have addressed this earlier"....cause the man is a pathological loon.

There may be a better term, but I have little doubt that Trump was "forced" in the same sense of forcing a confession; compelling him to do something he was loath to do.
Loath to do, sure, but no single person or group was a compelling force. I think he made the calculated decision that just so happened to coincide with what would feel like to many an overwhelming pressure. I don't think he buckled to the forces at hand. Rather, he came to the opinion that doing so would be in his best interest.

There may be a better term, but I have little doubt that Trump was "forced" in the same sense of forcing a confession; compelling him to do something he was loath to do.
Loath to do, sure, but no single person or group was a compelling force. I think he made the calculated decision that just so happened to coincide with what would feel like to many an overwhelming pressure. I don't think he buckled to the forces at hand. Rather, he came to the opinion that doing so would be in his best interest.

My supposition is based on my knowledge of the various players bios, insider comments and leaks, and observed behavior of Trump in similar circumstances. As I explained the basis of my perception, might you explain the basis of you assertion that Trump was not strongly pressured (and scripted) by his controllers to do what is very atypical for him; i.e. to all but admit he was wrong?

I suggest you do a little research on the personea and dynamics of the trump campaign.

Back
Top Bottom