• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump retweets animated gif of him hitting Clinton with golf ball

It works if you are going up against Hillary Clinton. I wouldn't bet on it going up against an opponent with any actual popularity. A half melted snowman with a felt hat could have beaten Trump. Hillary didn't.
Oh, come on, the snowman would have easily been completely finished off during the debates as Trump closely loomed over it with his snarling hot breath.

Meltwater could have beaten him.

Not really. He ran a terribly shallow campaign. Apparently, in America in this year, that is how you win. You focus on the electoral college regions you need, show up, and be a real dickhead.

It works if you are going up against Hillary Clinton. I wouldn't bet on it going up against an opponent with any actual popularity. A half melted snowman with a felt hat could have beaten Trump. Hillary didn't.

Trump also beat Little Marko, John McCain, Florida Bush, Chris Christie, John Kasich, Ben Carson, and a few others.

Trump also beat Little Marko, John McCain, Florida Bush, Chris Christie, John Kasich, Ben Carson, and a few others.
Ah, don't forget Billy Bush.

So, child development majors -- from Trump's acting-out, narcissism issues, constant lying, attitudes toward women, hostility -- what chronological age of emotional development does he attain? I'm torn between extremely spoiled 6 year old or a more knowing, devious, disturbed 10-year-old. Child Psych Parlor Game, round one.

Children are not as emotionally stunted as he is. He is mentally ill - a malignant misogynistic narcissist

Yea, he beat him bad! I think that the larger issue is that established politicians have consistently underestimated Trump. They have underestimated the hatred that many people have for politicians. I think that the dems have to be elect a non-politician and a straight shooter with a sense of humor in 2020. And he/she needs to be rich. Just being right on the issues won't ensure winning anymore.

Yea, he beat him bad! I think that the larger issue is that established politicians have consistently underestimated Trump. They have underestimated the hatred that many people have for politicians.
True, and it is well deserved hatred.
I think that the dems have to be elect a non-politician and a straight shooter with a sense of humor in 2020. And he/she needs to be rich. Just being right on the issues won't ensure winning anymore.
Steven Colbert 2020?
I wonder what would have happened if republican candidates (more decent ones like Kasich or Bush) in primaries had honestly went after Trump. I think the fact they they thought Trump was a joke and would go away eventually directly helped him because it really rallied his supporters. Had Bush really straight-shoot him, he would have had a decent chance of beating him. Hillary could have done so too, but being a woman I am not sure if that were not viewed negatively, but then again this was one weird campaign, so if Hillary went and literally beat the crap out of Tump she would have won with a large margin. And I mean literally with a stick or something.

Last edited:

That's right and Ben Carson had better numbers until Trump laid into him. Eeewww, I can't believe I wrote that.

Yea, he beat him bad! I think that the larger issue is that established politicians have consistently underestimated Trump. They have underestimated the hatred that many people have for politicians. I think that the dems have to be elect a non-politician and a straight shooter with a sense of humor in 2020. And he/she needs to be rich. Just being right on the issues won't ensure winning anymore.
Oh, still way too early for that, but in the meantime, I think the opposition seriously needs to take apart Trump's actual campaign arguments, and not direct anywhere near as much regard to his shallow behavior and mistakes, like various Twitter spectacles and such.

I wonder what would have happened if republican candidates (more decent ones like Kasich or Bush) in primaries had honestly went after Trump. I think the fact they they thought Trump was a joke and would go away eventually directly helped him because it really rallied his supporters. Had Bush really straight-shoot him, he would have had a decent chance of beating him.
Profoundly confront Trump's strengths, and do not be bothered by his juvenile insults. Ted Cruz was playing it rather cool and confident for a good while until even he finally broke into a debilitating wounded phase.

A half melted snowman with a felt hat could have beaten Trump. Hillary didn't.

Actually, Hillary "won" the popular vote. But to your point... even without the felt hat, it would have wont the electoral vote.

David Cameron won a majority with 36.1% of the vote. There was little complaining because we haven't focused on changing our electoral system.

Proportional representation will also mean that smaller parties as in most European countries will get more votes, encouraged by the prospect of earning more seats.

I wonder what would have happened if republican candidates (more decent ones like Kasich or Bush) in primaries had honestly went after Trump. I think the fact they they thought Trump was a joke and would go away eventually directly helped him because it really rallied his supporters. Had Bush really straight-shoot him, he would have had a decent chance of beating him.
Profoundly confront Trump's strengths, and do not be bothered by his juvenile insults. Ted Cruz was playing it rather cool and confident for a good while until even he finally broke into a debilitating wounded phase.
Does this include when Trump sounded like a pussy when he complained about the mean ads Clinton ran against him in the first debate?

Meh. It's a re-Tweet and while arguably unprofessional, un-Presidential, and perhaps in poor taste ... I still think it's pretty funny. Reminds me of this:

Meh. It's a re-Tweet and while arguably unprofessional, un-Presidential, and perhaps in poor taste ... I still think it's pretty funny. Reminds me of this:

I think the big issue is that Trump hasn't accomplished much of anything except for the tweet count. I think the issue is he is wasting the White House on Twitter. Get to fucking work!

Oh, still way too early for that, but in the meantime, I think the opposition seriously needs to take apart Trump's actual campaign arguments, and not direct anywhere near as much regard to his shallow behavior and mistakes, like various Twitter spectacles and such.

They can do both.

I think several ads, consisting of montages of Trump's greatest shameful hits will be in order. They could put out a new one every month for two years and never come close to running out of material.

Twelve stupid things Trump has said, at five seconds each, creates a 60 second ad that'll be impossible for all but the thickest dipshits to ignore. Run it for a month. Then, next month, come out with a new one. Hell, start associating Ryan and McConnel with the orange bastard by mixing in their greatest hits here and there.

They can do both.

I think several ads, consisting of montages of Trump's greatest shameful hits will be in order. They could put out a new one every month for two years and never come close to running out of material.

Twelve stupid things Trump has said, at five seconds each, creates a 60 second ad that'll be impossible for all but the thickest dipshits to ignore. Run it for a month. Then, next month, come out with a new one. Hell, start associating Ryan and McConnel with the orange bastard by mixing in their greatest hits here and there.
That didn't work for Clinton in '16. If anything run a mock ad for accomplishments.

Here is Pres. Trump signing legislation repealing Obamacare... oh wait... that was just naming a post office. Here is Trump signing a bill funding his wall... oh wait... another post office. What has he done? Quote Trump saying no one knew it'd be so hard. *mic drop*

Meh. It's a re-Tweet and while arguably unprofessional, un-Presidential, and perhaps in poor taste ... I still think it's pretty funny.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/B_AzAihYO_A[/YOUTUBE]

Does this include when Trump sounded like a pussy when he complained about the mean ads Clinton ran against him in the first debate?
Clearly Trump exposed a lot of personal weakness moaning about all of the negative ads in the primary also, but I didn't see him deeply wear it on his face like Cruz did in the closing stages.

I think the big issue is that Trump hasn't accomplished much of anything except for the tweet count.
I think the issue is he is wasting the White House on Twitter. Get to fucking work!
Most of the subjects that are recently coming up sure do not look like something Trump should be interested in passing legislation for, no matter how he constantly declares to be highly motivated.

They can do both.

Certainly, but that sort of tactic was already played out in much of the primary and general election, and it did not seem to work very well.

Back
Top Bottom