• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump says he'll designate antifa a terror organization, blames group for violence at George Floyd protests

So, if I voluntarily label myself "antifa" because I realize that the word is simply a contraction of anti-fascist, but I don't have my Antifa card, don't pay the Antifa dues, don't go to the Antifa meetings every other Thursday, don't join an Antifa facebook group, and just mill around a bit holding a sign at protests, does that make me a terrorist?

Ah yes, the classic "it doesn't have membership dues and membership cards" equivocation.

To actually be anti-fascist you have to actually do something to resist fascism.

Which you can do without being part of Antifa. Knocking over a bunch of trash cans and screaming at the air does fuck-all anyway.

So there is not, in fact, a majority who are against fascism, because the majority lets it happen, is letting it happen. The majority doesn't so much as vote for democrats, let alone punch Nazis. We have 42% of people supporting the fascist takeover, and of those who say they don't like it, a large portion do nothing to consummate that statement. They are at best fascism neutral from their actions.

Since you define anyone who isn't Antifa as Profa, then of course you see it everywhere. Perhaps they take more effective measures against it than knocking over trash cans and talking about how they want to punch fascists. Never actually do it mind, since most of them have never thrown a punch in their life, but talk about loudly and scream anyone who doesn't agree with them is a fascist.

Of course that doesn't make them fascists. You can be fascism neutral too. And while that is a problem, it is a lesser problem, the kind that evinces better education in the future so we don't get back to this point again. The kind of education that fascists have historically tried to privatize.

So are you a Crip or a Blood?

John Cleese said:
The biggest advantage of extremism is that it makes you feel good because it provides you with enemies. The great thing about having enemies is that you can pretend that all the badness in the whole world is in your enemies and all the goodness in the whole world is in you.

John Cleese said:
The biggest advantage of extremism is that it makes you feel good because it provides you with enemies. The great thing about having enemies is that you can pretend that all the badness in the whole world is in your enemies and all the goodness in the whole world is in you.

Yup. That's excellent advice. I wish somebody would give you advice like that.

John Cleese said:

Yup. That's excellent advice. I wish somebody would give you advice like that.

I'll take it if you will.

This is a thread about Trump labeling Antifa as a terrorist organization.

Truasti posts this with no self awareness whatsoever,

I have a nephew who asked me what irony is. I can now be the fun uncle and be able to give life lessons as well.

I have a nephew who asked me what irony is. I can now be the fun uncle and be able to give life lessons as well.

Apparently I am (in something of a personal first) being too subtle.

I am hoping against hope that your explanation might help to push through my subtle hints. But I feel that holding my breath might be contraindicated.

Apparently I am (in something of a personal first) being too subtle.

I am hoping against hope that your explanation might help to push through my subtle hints. But I feel that holding my breath might be contraindicated.

Not taking anything away from you, I just had to comment. Saying, "Wow" at my computer wasn't enough.

Ah yes, the classic "it doesn't have membership dues and membership cards" equivocation.

Ah, yes, the standard tried and true tactic of offering a non-response to a question.

I am willing to bet that you can't find one other example of my having made the above "classic" equivocation on this forum. How many non-responses of yours do you think I can find in just this thread?

Well they have now taken over a part of Seattle, so they act more like some sort of insurgency with territorial claims rather than a traditional terrorist organization. More like ISIS than Al Qaeda in that regard.

Well they have now taken over a part of Seattle

Taken it over!? OH MY GOD!!! THEY ARE ALL POWERFUL AND IDENTICAL TO ISIS AND MUST BE PURGED FOR ALL OF HUMANITY TO REMAIN SAFE!! KILL THEM!! KILL THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As one who lives in the greater Portland metro blob...

Every time I point out that most people are against fascists and at the same time deliberately do not call themselves "antifa" he snips it to avoid facing some uncomfortable facts about the flip side of the coin.

Flipside of the coin? LTha would be the fact that the actual organized advocates of antifa violence are actually white supremacists.
And guess who is avoiding THAT.

White supremacists pose as Antifa online, call for violence

Ah, you’ve never been to Portland or Seattle. Come for the CHAZ.
I can't speak about Seattle, but Portland wouldn't have much of an issue with the Antifa if it weren't for the outsiders like Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer right wing nuts that come here (from elsewhere) to make noise and incite violence. Yeah, sure, the Antifa comes out for the pissing contest, but they don't send out the invites...

NOTE: These comments are not relative to current BLM protests

Taken it over!? OH MY GOD!!! THEY ARE ALL POWERFUL AND IDENTICAL TO ISIS AND MUST BE PURGED FOR ALL OF HUMANITY TO REMAIN SAFE!! KILL THEM!! KILL THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is radical left, not radical right, so there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

This is radical left, not radical right, so there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
I thought you didn't like binary world arguments ...hum...

Speaking of CHAZ, it seems that Fox News and company aren't big fans of Monty Python's Holy Grail movie, and seemed to troll themselves...thinking a post was serious, not knowing it was a direct quote of the movie.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/fox-news-monty-python-line-chaz-report-reddit-1202958753/
MacCallum’s report showed an image of a Reddit post that was headlined, “I didn’t vote for Raz.” Fox apparently thought it was a reference to Raz Simone, a rapper who has been identified as an unofficial leader of the CHAZ.

Accompanying the image was the suggestion that “infighting among some of the occupiers and some signs of rebellion against Raz Simone.”

John Cleese Tweet:
John Cleese said:
BREAKING: No one @FoxNews has ever seen @montypython & The Holy Grail. #runit #goodjournalism #factchecking.

Stolen from the movie: I thought we were an autonomous collective. An anarcho-syndicalist commune at the least, we should take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. e take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority"

Back
Top Bottom