• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump starts new media company: Pravda

You know, all the Right really needs at this point is a platform for Trump to spout his shit, and an inbox where his followers can feed him shit. Maybe with a little star of validation when Trump reads their responses.

"President Trump read this post at 23:33, on 21 February, 2022. You have peaked as a human being."

Of course, with Trump, it'll be monetized.
"Submit a $500 donation with this post and President Trump will read it within the hour, and send you a personal reply. For $100, within the next 2 business days, and may mention it in his next address. For $20, he'll receive a 5-word summary of your post, along with those of other Patriots, in a weekly briefing. For $10, someone in the organization will read it for any useful content.
"All donation amounts will be rounded down for the purpose of levelization."

It's started.
Truth Social: Banned from Twitter, Trump returns with a new platform - BBC News
Donald Trump's social-media platform, Truth Social, has launched, in a limited form, on the US Apple App Store.

The app had similarities to Twitter, commentators noted - Mr Trump was banned from Twitter, Facebook and YouTube last year.

And some early users had difficulties registering accounts.

Project lead and former congressman Devin Nunes said it was expected to be fully operational by the end of March.
Let's see if it gets anywhere.

Poor Trump supporters stuck waiting for errors to clear up so they can be fleeced and lied to.
article said:
Though TRUTH Social sits at the #1 spot for free downloads in Apple's App Store, most users can't get into the app. When you download TRUTH Social, you're prompted to enter your email and date of birth (users must be 18+) before waiting for a verification email. But at every step of the process, TechCrunch received error messages. Once we received a verification email, the link yielded more error messages, making it impossible to create an account.

• Haha
Reactions: SLD
(Note: Thread merge from PD)

Not really. It's actually online, sort of. It reminds me of when AOL went from their internet by the minute business model to a monthly subscription, and then sent out 10million CDs. Their server network couldn't handle the traffic and most people couldn't log on.

Thee first puzzle in all of this is, who is putting up the money? The second puzzle is, could it be possible that any investor is going to see a return on that money?

I ponder the legitimacy of the number being provided about waiting for their accounts being activated. Reportedly, the number was above 100,000. I wonder that number was randomly generated or started at 90,000.

I ponder the legitimacy of the number being provided about waiting for their accounts being activated. Reportedly, the number was above 100,000. I wonder that number was randomly generated or started at 90,000.
Well, figure the political desk of every news outlet wants one, just to be able to say 'Wow, that's about as fucked up as we expected.'
And every social media company wants one, to see 'Hey! That looks a LOT like Twitter! I thought they were the Un-Twitter?'
And everyone waiting patiently for cancel culture to recognize the threat their website or blog poses to the Elites wants a place to shout "I have been silenced!', they want one.
Every politician running on a Trumpist platform.
About half of the right-wing politicians running a Never Trumpian campaign (the other half would prefer to rise above it).
And half the FBI, collecting quotes for the inevitable deposition...

Donald Trump’s Truth Social Is Off to a Glitchy Start - The New York Times - "The official debut of the former president’s social media platform on Monday was marred by error messages and a long waiting list for people who had signed up for access."
On Wednesday morning, Mr. Trump’s account on the app, available free on Apple’s App Store since Monday, had just under 50,000 followers. That is a far cry from the tens of millions of followers he had on Twitter before the social media platform barred him last year after some of his supporters attacked the Capitol.

Mr. Trump’s account still has a single post, which the company calls “truths” as opposed to “tweets.”

The official debut of Truth Social on Monday was marred by error messages and a long waiting list for people who had already signed up to download the app. (This reporter was at 94,000 on the list but was able to download the app on Tuesday.)

Trump App Truth Social Reportedly Bans Account for Mocking Devin Nunes - CNET - "A user says his account, @DevinNunesCow, was banned before he could even log in to the social network."

Fake news alert! Donald Trump’s new social media app is a triumph | Arwa Mahdawi | The Guardian
I spent 20 frustrating minutes attempting to create a new account and getting error message after error message. Eventually, I managed to sign up with the username @stormyd, only to be told that I had been put on a waiting list “due to massive demand”. I was number 194,276 in line, apparently. Which, I’m sure, is a very precise number and not something they just pulled out of the air.
If the Truth Social servers maintain a queue for new accounts, that would indeed be a precise number.

It’s not as if Trump put a technological genius in charge of Truth Social: Devin Nunes, head honcho at the app’s parent company, Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), may be most famous for the fact that he once unsuccessfully sued a cow.

In 2019, Nunes, who used to be a Republican congressman, filed a $250m lawsuit against Twitter and two parody Twitter accounts: one was called “Devin Nunes’ Mom” and one was called “Devin Nunes’ Cow”. This is no laughing matter, I’ll have you know. The cow was very mean to him: it called the politician a “treasonous cowpoke” whose “boots are full of manure”. It was all very hard for the poor man, whose lawsuit claimed that the parody accounts subjected him to a “defamation campaign of stunning breadth and scope, one that no human being should ever have to bear and suffer in their whole life”.

Nunes doesn’t just have beef with cows, by the way. He’s a big fan of suing anyone who says anything mean to him, and has launched defamation lawsuits against a number of journalists.

Not really. It's actually online, sort of. It reminds me of when AOL went from their internet by the minute business model to a monthly subscription, and then sent out 10million CDs. Their server network couldn't handle the traffic and most people couldn't log on.

Thee first puzzle in all of this is, who is putting up the money? The second puzzle is, could it be possible that any investor is going to see a return on that money?

My prediction here is that they are not investing for a "monetary return". Propaganda engines and blackmail farms are PRICELESS.

What is interesting is that the message is listed as 0m, as in just posted and already "censored"?

My prediction here is that they are not investing for a "monetary return". Propaganda engines and blackmail farms are PRICELESS.
That's an interesting idea, but people who want to influence politics and have the means, usually just give the money to someone.

One source of revenue would be selling the personal data of subscribers, but if the site is run as well as Trump's other online operations, all valuable information has already been stolen by hackers. I'm not sure what blackmail material they could hope to farm. There are plenty of social forums that do have that kind of thing on their servers. It would be interesting to see if naked selfies of Truth Social users would bring in new members, or repel them.

I'm surprised he would want to start a new business now, knowing that he'll need to surrender them in accordance with the Emoluments Clauses when he retakes the White House in 2024.

I'm surprised he would want to start a new business now, knowing that he'll need to surrender them in accordance with the Emoluments Clauses when he retakes the White House in 2024.
:rolleyes: just like he did in 2016?

:rolleyes: just like he did in 2016?
You may be catching a whiff of my dripping sarcasm, my apologies.

Trump’s Truth Social App Plummets in Traffic, Sees 93% Drop in Signups Since Launch Week (Exclusive)
After going live on President’s Day, the Twitter-lookalike app saw installs decline by more than 800,000 since its launch week, according to Sensor Tower. Installs on the Apple app store this month have fallen to about 60,000 per week, based on early estimates.

“This is down 93% from its launch week, when it saw 872,000 installs during the week of Feb. 21,” Stephanie Chan, mobile insights strategist at Sensor Tower, told TheWrap. “We estimate that Truth Social has so far reached approximately 1.2 million installs since its launch.”
That's downloads, and not actual users of the site. It's not available for Android.
On its desktop site, Truth Social has also seen a significant decline in traffic following the launch period. Truthsocial.com spiked to 6 million visits during the week of Feb. 20 but has dropped to around 1.9 million weekly visits in recent weeks, according to Similarweb. The app store download page visits also declined from 361,000 visits during launch week to some 90,000 weekly visits last week.

Looks like this will be another one of Trump's numerous failed businesses. Why use Truth Social when one can use Gettr or Parler?
Former Trump aide Jason Miller’s Twitter clone Gettr has reached some 1.9 million daily users with 6.7 million global installs, while Parler has about 11.3 million global installs, according to Sensor Tower. Trump has not joined Gettr.

"Meanwhile, some are still questioning why the former president has yet to post anything on his own social network after a month of operation."

Yet another Trump business boondoggle and failure.

Back
Top Bottom