• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump suggests Delaying Election

Five-year-old whose team is losing: "You guys are cheating!" (Screams it again.) "I'm telling!" (Screams incoherently. He is ignored. Falls on ground, screaming and sobbing.) "No fair! No fair! No fair! You cheated!!" (Sixty-nine years later, he's a bloated, sadistic, resentful "chief executive" whose staff treats him like a touchy five year old.)

Well, I wasn't certain he'd be so up front about ending democracy in the US.

Oh wait, I'm sorry... this is just a delay... he'll get America to it eventually... like his taxes or an alternative to ACA.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-suggests-delaying-2020-election-n1235300

After all it will be fraudulent.

And some of you think I’m paranoid.

I love how this article ends, here is the last paragraph:
linked article said:
Rep. Rick Larsen of Washington state tweeted: "Prez has no authority to delay elections. One more try at throwing a shiny ball out there to divert attention from: inept handling of the pandemic; ignoring intel on Russian bounties; devastating economic numbers; lack of action or plan on next COVID-19 relief package."

"Don't be distracted by the shiny ball that we just spent the rest of the article distracting you with."

I think Mr. Trump has seen the polls. This is much more about saving face on the day after the election than seriously changing the date.

Not surprised that he said it, but he has no power to do it. I agree that he's trying to divert attention away from his incompetency again, and stir up his crazy base.

So what. It will serve it's purpose for a time until it no longer does at which time Trump will come up with some other asinine claim. But the clown show on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC will cover it all in tortured detail with their hosts interviewing expert constitutional whoeverthefucks of how it's possible or not.
And everyone gets a paycheck.

So what. It will serve it's purpose for a time until it no longer does at which time Trump will come up with some other asinine claim. But the clown show on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC will cover it all in tortured detail with their hosts interviewing expert constitutional whoeverthefucks of how it's possible or not.

Yup. It’s not about delaying the election, but setting the stage for the real potential coup by challenging the results as fraudulent.

SLD

Nancy Pelosi had the perfect response. She quoted the constitution at him. :)

It's also been pointed out that if the results are still being haggled come Jan 21st, Pelosi is acting pres. :D

Reminds me of when shit-poor students beg me at the last minute for an extension on a term project due date. I know perfectly well that they're never going to turn in that assignment whether I grant the extension or not, and deep down they probably do too, but they still ask. I mean, does he really think that holding an election in December will yield different results, especially given that suspending the election would itself be a deeply unpopular move? Even if he suspends it altogether, all this will do is worsen his odds. One way or another, he has to be out of the Oval Office by January unless he's been legally re-elected by then, that much is made very clear in the law. And if the voters haven't done their job by then, it falls to the House to decide. Somehow I don't think Pelosi is feeling sympathetic to him as a candidate just now.

Reminds me of when shit-poor students beg me at the last minute for an extension on a term project due date. I know perfectly well that they're never going to turn in that assignment whether I grant the extension or not, and deep down they probably do too, but they still ask. I mean, does he really think that holding an election in December will yield different results, especially given that suspending the election would itself be a deeply unpopular move? Even if he suspends it altogether, all this will do is worsen his odds. One way or another, he has to be out of the Oval Office by January unless he's been legally re-elected by then, that much is made very clear in the law. And if the voters haven't done their job by then, it falls to the House to decide. Somehow I don't think Pelosi is feeling sympathetic to him as a candidate just now.
*Time Travel*
Trump (November 12 said:
But we know that these results are questionable. People were saying back in July we needed to delay the election to make sure it was fair.

Nancy Pelosi had the perfect response. She quoted the constitution at him. :)

It's also been pointed out that if the results are still being haggled come Jan 21st, Pelosi is acting pres. :D
Because the popular vote doesn't matter, states could just send slates of electors.

Back in April Biden said Trump might try to delay the election.

Fox News of course called that ridiculous fear mongering.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/OIts_HmSH7U[/YOUTUBE]

I guess we can expect all those talking heads to now express outrage that Trump is saying this.

:pigsfly:

I guess we can expect all those talking heads to now express outrage that Trump is saying this.

No, you misunderstand. For Fox News and Republicans, "ridiculous fear mongering" is a good thing, and they will never pass up an opportunity to engage in it, or to turn it into an actual thing to fear when it benefits them.

You don't seem to understand that to a Trumpo lover there is a big difference between delaying an election and delaying an election. Nothing could be more clear.

Yup. It’s not about delaying the election, but setting the stage for the real potential coup by challenging the results as fraudulent.

SLD

This was a trial balloon. If the election results show a win for Biden, Trump will absolutely declare the election fraudulent. Of that I have no doubt.

What remains to be seen is how far he'll take his claim, and how bat-shit his followers will get.

The scary part is that if he tries to outright steal the election there may be widespread protests. And he's showing that he has no qualms about using federal forces to violently shut down protests.

There's no 'if' to the first part. Trump has already described the 2020 election as fraudulent. Broad daylight!! This man belongs in Michael Cohen's cellblock.

Back
Top Bottom