• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump supporter yells "Heil Hitler, heil Trump!" during Fiddler On The Roof play

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bs-md-ci-hippodrome-20181114-story.html

But I won't call this man a bigot. You see, if I call him bigot, all the conservolibertarians will cry that I just randomly call people bigots because I have no valid arguments to offer. Because racism doesn't exist anymore and because only libtards are racist because accusing anyone of bigotry counts as racism against white people.

So, uh, this man is clearly not a bigot at all, and I'm a horribad person for suggesting that there is anything wrong with what he did or for connecting what he did with Trump and other rightists in any way.

Audience member Rich Scherr said the outburst during intermission prompted fears that it was the beginning of a shooting. The man, who had been seated in the balcony, began shouting “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump.” Immediately after that, “People started running,” Scherr said. “I’ll be honest, I was waiting to hear a gunshot. I thought, ‘Here we go.’”

By the way, I hope you conservatives and libertarians are paying attention. Someone shouted a pro-conservative statement, and the first assumption of many people is to assume that the person is a terrorist about to open fire. Shout something rightist in a public place, and people will probably assume that about you.

Wait, so he yelled out "Heil Trump" and then didn't start shooting? I guess you can always count on Americans to start some bullshit and then not bother to follow up with it - kind of like with Afghanistan.

According to the linked report, he wasn't a Trump supporter by his own admission.

Did someone confirm he was a supporter of the trumpster fire? He may be a die hard Berniebro for all we know. ;)

Right. Because if there's one thing that identifies Bernie supporters, it's using Nazi phrases.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that word mean something? Or does it only mean something to other fascists? Can a Republican please translate this for me? I don't speak fascist.

Did someone confirm he was a supporter of the trumpster fire? He may be a die hard Berniebro for all we know. ;)

Right. Because if there's one thing that identifies Bernie supporters, it's using Nazi phrases.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that word mean something? Or does it only mean something to other fascists? Can a Republican please translate this for me? I don't speak fascist.

Maybe it's one of those little catch phrases that incels and neo nazis and the like make up to lob at people who question their stunted fear aggression ideology. I mean, that's clearly a lot easier than self reflection or, heaven forbid, challenging their violent alphadouches who reinforce conformity among insecure mongrels. Just guessing.

According to the linked report, he wasn't a Trump supporter by his own admission.

Kinda like how that woman making white power hand signs at the Kavanaugh hearing isn't a racist/nationalist even though she helped craft the Trump Administration's racist/nationalist immigration policy.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Urban dictionary (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based)
1) based is all about being yourself and not caring what anybody else thinks,
2) based can mean Uncucked
3) based i
s short for "debased," referring to a concept, object, practice or ideology that has been stripped of its intrinsic significance by association with and absorbption into the mass cultural continuum. Used meta-ironically, given that the word is itself a slang contraction and represents the debasement it seeks to impartially describe.
,or
4)
Fake word used as an adjective to refer to something as the highest level of cool.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Urban dictionary (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based)
1) based is all about being yourself and not caring what anybody else thinks,
2) based can mean Uncucked
3) based i
s short for "debased," referring to a concept, object, practice or ideology that has been stripped of its intrinsic significance by association with and absorbption into the mass cultural continuum. Used meta-ironically, given that the word is itself a slang contraction and represents the debasement it seeks to impartially describe.
,or
4)
Fake word used as an adjective to refer to something as the highest level of cool.

:rotfl: So I was right. It's just something insecure little boys made up because it's easier to fantasize moral superiority than to honestly examine their own so called morality.

Late Thursday, the Baltimore police identified the man as Anthony M. Derlunas II, 58. According to the police report, Mr. Derlunas said he had been “drinking heavily throughout the night.” He told officers he yelled the slogans because the final scene before intermission reminded him of his hatred for President Trump. According to the officer, Mr. Derlunas went on to say that the anger directed at him after his disruption was an indication of a high number of Mr. Trump’s supporters in the theater. Mr. Derlunas could not be reached for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/theater/fiddler-on-the-roof-heil-hitler-heil-trump.html

Who could have guessed someone comparing Trump to Hitler was not a Trump supporter?

Late Thursday, the Baltimore police identified the man as Anthony M. Derlunas II, 58. According to the police report, Mr. Derlunas said he had been “drinking heavily throughout the night.” He told officers he yelled the slogans because the final scene before intermission reminded him of his hatred for President Trump. According to the officer, Mr. Derlunas went on to say that the anger directed at him after his disruption was an indication of a high number of Mr. Trump’s supporters in the theater. Mr. Derlunas could not be reached for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/theater/fiddler-on-the-roof-heil-hitler-heil-trump.html

Who could have guessed someone comparing Trump to Hitler was not a Trump supporter?

Damn. This is like every other Underseer thread. How does xir do it?

Damn. This is like every other Underseer thread. How does xir do it?

Practice and dedication.

Back
Top Bottom