• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Tells Christians They Won’t Have to Vote in Future: ‘We’ll Have It Fixed’

That fucking idiot Lindsey Graham was on Face the Nation this morning and was asked what he thought Trump meant when he told the nutty Christians if they voted for him, they wouldn't have to vote again. Lindsey kept laughing and saying something like, "He didn't mean that. He just meant that the country would return to normal again and everything would be great" ( I'm paraphrasing ) He kept referring to Harris as the most liberal person in the Senate. WTF. She hasn't been in the Senate in almost 4 years and I bet Bernie would have something to say about that. I think Lindsey is becoming senile and anyone who doesn't realize that Trump is senile and deranged, must be suffering from some cognitive issues themselves. :giggle:

The good news is that Harris is rising in the polls, even though I don't always trust polls, and she's raised over 200 million bucks in a week, mostly from small donations. Plus, over 100,000 new voters have registered. I think she could win in Georgia if the young and those who have never voted in their lives, get out and vote.

The good news is that Harris is rising in the polls, even though I don't always trust polls
Polls are fairly reliable for trends, but not for absolute numbers.
If polls continue to improve for Kami, she's gonna win.
Then comes the crying, the screaming the "THEY CHEATED!" the "STOP the STEAL!" bullshit and probably lotsa violence.
Eventually January rolls around and if Teh Pugs have enough members remaining, they will refuse to certify Harris as winner, no matter what.

Why shouldn't they refuse to certify the black lady? It's already been proven that they can do the fake elector dance, lie about what the opposition did, lie about what they did, suffer no legal consequences (SCOTUS has your back regardless) and probably get re-elected.

Murkinz are STUPID.

The good news is that Harris is rising in the polls, even though I don't always trust polls
Polls are fairly reliable for trends, but not for absolute numbers.
If polls continue to improve for Kami, she's gonna win.
Then comes the crying, the screaming the "THEY CHEATED!" the "STOP the STEAL!" bullshit and probably lotsa violence.
Eventually January rolls around and if Teh Pugs have enough members remaining, they will refuse to certify Harris as winner, no matter what.

Why shouldn't they refuse to certify the black lady? It's already been proven that they can do the fake elector dance, lie about what the opposition did, lie about what they did, suffer no legal consequences (SCOTUS has your back regardless) and probably get re-elected.

Murkinz are STUPID.
Yeah, but Harris is the VP so she gets to certify the election. :giggle: I doubt any swing state like mine, despite being governed by Republicans is going to refuse to certify the results of their state. I just heard that Harris is now leading in one of Georgia's counties that is rather wealthy and usually quite conservative. It looks if Trump is fucked and I'm not as worried as you seem to be about them trying to do their stop the steal dance again. Sure, Trump might cry and whine like a baby and say, "It's not fair. It's been rigged." But I think despite what people might think, most are getting tired of that shit, so they will unhappily accept the results, even if they have doubts that the election wasn't totally fair. The bright red states will likely go to Trump anyway, so it's just a handful of states that really matter, thanks to our stupid electoral college.

Reactions: SLD
Yeah, but Harris is the VP so she gets to certify the election
So... if the majority of Congress refuses to certify, can she just bang a gavel and say "I am the WINNER!" and that's that?
If that's the case, could she do the same if Trump "won"? Trump certainly seemed to think so circa 1/6/2021
I could see a lot of proctologists making bank after all the brick-shitting that would follow.

So... if the majority of Congress refuses to certify, can she just bang a gavel and say "I am the WINNER!" and that's that?
If that's the case, could she do the same if Trump "won"? Trump certainly seemed to think so circa 1/6/2021
I could see a lot of proctologists making bank after all the brick-shitting that would follow.
Assuming she wins the EC, or has a reasonable facsimile, Congress has no say.
And Biden will still be POTUS, with all the disgression SCOTUS has recently decided is Constitutional.
Could be an interesting few months in American History.
Tom

That fucking idiot Lindsey Graham was on Face the Nation this morning and was asked what he thought Trump meant when he told the nutty Christians if they voted for him, they wouldn't have to vote again. Lindsey kept laughing and saying something like, "He didn't mean that. He just meant that the country would return to normal again and everything would be great" ( I'm paraphrasing ) He kept referring to Harris as the most liberal person in the Senate. WTF. She hasn't been in the Senate in almost 4 years and I bet Bernie would have something to say about that. I think Lindsey is becoming senile and anyone who doesn't realize that Trump is senile and deranged, must be suffering from some cognitive issues themselves. :giggle:

The good news is that Harris is rising in the polls, even though I don't always trust polls, and she's raised over 200 million bucks in a week, mostly from small donations. Plus, over 100,000 new voters have registered. I think she could win in Georgia if the young and those who have never voted in their lives, get out and vote.
I was told several Georgia counties passed a law that states they can choose to ignore the popular vote winner and give the electoral votes to whichever candidate they want. Will make it hard to 'win' there.

I was told several Georgia counties passed a law that states they can choose to ignore the popular vote winner and give the electoral votes to whichever candidate they want. Will make it hard to 'win' there.
I"ve never heard that. Do you have something to support that claim? I live in a very conservative county, and that isn't true of my county, although someone told me that a few of the people in power here tried to do something illegal during the last election. I just don't remember what it was. Even if some counties tried, it would likely be illegal to do that. I don't care for our governor, but so far, he has followed the law when it comes to elections. Otherwise, I doubt we would have two Democratic Senators, a Black one and a Jewish one. :) Neither of them are up for reelection this year, thankfully.

Georgia counties can’t make such laws.

Say what?
State legislatures have no constitutional requirement to send EC delegates that will vote as the state voters did. That's state law, and legislatures can just change it.

But counties have no say.
Tom

it's not the same thing, but you might have heard that the Repugs are making it easier to remove people from the rolls. I found an article I will link that explains the problem. There is more in the link, if you are interested in reading the entire article.

https://thecurrentga.org/2024/05/10...are-handled-new-law-could-make-problem-worse/

Ten months after Georgia officials said they would take steps to ensure that counties were correctly handling massive numbers of challenges to voter registrations, neither the secretary of state’s office nor the State Election Board has done so.

In July 2023, ProPublica reported that election officials in multiple Georgia counties were handling citizens’ challenges to voter registrations in different ways, with some potentially violating the National Voter Registration Act.

Instead of fixing the problem, the Republican-controlled Georgia legislature passed SB 189 at the end of March. The bill’s authors claim that it will help prevent voting fraud, while voting rights advocates warn that it could make the issue worse. Gov. Brian Kemp signed it into law on Monday.

“I see this as being pro-America, pro-accuracy, pro-transparency and pro-election integrity,” state Rep. John LaHood said of the bill, which he worked to help pass. “I don’t see it being” about voter suppression “whatsoever.”

When it takes effect in July, SB 189 will make it easier for Georgia residents to use questionable evidence when challenging fellow residents’ voter registrations. Voting rights activists also claim that the law could lead county officials to believe they can approve bulk challenges closer to election dates.

“It’s bad policy and bad law, and will open the floodgates to bad challenges,” said Caitlin May, a voting rights attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia, which has threatened to sue over what it says is the law’s potential to violate the NVRA.

ProPublica previously reported on how just six right-wing advocates challenged the voter registrations of 89,000 Georgians following the 2021 passage of a controversial law that enabled residents to file unlimited voter challenges. We also revealed that county election officials may have been systematically approving challenges too close to election dates, which would violate the NVRA.

The Georgia secretary of state’s office said at the time that it was “thankful” for information provided by ProPublica, that it had been working on “uniform standards for voter challenges” and that it had “asked the state election board to provide rules” to help election officials handle the challenges. And the chair of the State Election Board told ProPublica last year that though the board hadn’t yet offered rules due to the demands of the 2022 election, “now that the election is over, we intend to do that.”

With the new law soon to be in effect, the State Election Board is determining its next steps. “We’re going to probably have to try and provide some instruction telling” election officials how to respond to SB 189, said John Fervier, who was appointed chair in January after the former chair stepped down. “I don’t know if that will come from the State Election Board or from the secretary of state’s office. But we’re one day past the signing of the legislation, so it’s still too early for me to comment on what kind of instruction will go out at this point.”

Bolstered by new Georgia law, woman challenges around 900 voter registrations in Chatham County

July 1st, 2024
In "Elections"
georgia ballot box vote

Georgia lawmakers could still tinker with elections

March 25th, 2024
In "Elections"
georgia ballot box vote

Georgia braces for another round of election law changes

April 6th, 2024
In "Elections"

The plot wasn't to have Pence declare it. Rather, the plot was to scuttle the whole thing so it would use the fallback method of the House selecting the president. One vote per state, The Felon would have won.

The plot wasn't to have Pence declare it. Rather, the plot was to scuttle the whole thing so it would use the fallback method of the House selecting the president. One vote per state, The Felon would have won.
See. If the founding fathers didn’t want Presidents decided that way they wouldn’t have had put it in the constitution! Sheesh…

Back
Top Bottom