• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump threatens to deport pro Palestinian protesters!

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
I'm not saying this is legal, but who believes if Trump wins, he won't try to do plenty of illegal things? And, perhaps these protesters need to understand that while It's fine to protest, it's stupid to deny Biden a vote, just because you don't agree with him on Israel. At least Biden isn't insane and he won't try to deport you just for protesting a war that you don't support. As the expression goes, "vote Blue no matter how", at least in November, the most important election in our lives.

https://wapo.st/4bywzh1

Former president Donald Trump promised to crush pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses, telling a roomful of donors — a group that he joked included “98 percent of my Jewish friends” — that he would expel student demonstrators from the United States, according to participants in the roundtable event with him in New York.

“One thing I do is, any student that protests, I throw them out of the country. You know, there are a lot of foreign students. As soon as they hear that, they’re going to behave,” Trump said on May 14, according to donors at the event.
When one of the donors complained that many of the students and professors protesting on campuses could one day hold positions of power in the United States, Trump called the demonstrators part of a “radical revolution” that he vowed to defeat. He praised the New York Police Department for clearing the campus at Columbia University and said other cities needed to follow suit, saying “it has to be stopped now.”

“Well, if you get me elected, and you should really be doing this, if you get me reelected, we’re going to set that movement back 25 or 30 years,” he said, according to the donors, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to detail a private event.
icon-election.png

Trump has waffled publicly about whether Israel should continue its war in Gaza, saying “get it over with … get back to peace and stop killing people.” Major Republican donors have lobbied him in recent months to take a stronger stance backing Israel and its prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.
The private New York meeting offers new insight into his current thinking. Speaking to wealthy donors behind closed doors, Trump said that he supports Israel’s right to continue “its war on terror” and boasted of his White House policies toward Israel.

The former president didn’t mention Netanyahu, whom he resents for acknowledging Joe Biden’s victory in 2020 and hasn’t spoken to in years.
There are plenty of reasons not to support or like Netanyahu, but the little orange toddler doesn't like him because he truthfully admitted that Biden won the election in 2020. How low can you go!

How is he going to deport all of the protesters? He's already threatened to put all undocumented immigrants in detention encampments and deport them. He's made so many threats towards people who he doesn't like for one reason or another and yet, plenty of young people and poorly informed people claim they will sit out the election or vote third party instead of supporting an experienced person who has accomplished a lot, despite all of the opposition he's faced, mostly from the MAGA party but at times from his own party. At least he doesn't make stupid threats against any group of people and while nobody ever agrees with everything any president does, Biden isn't damaging the country, while the criminal Trump could destroy it. If this needs to be added to the thread about the presidential race, no problem. I just was so disgusted when I read this article that I thought I'd give it a thread of its own. Plus, other insane threats made by the orange toddler can be added to it, if anyone wishes. I'm sharing this article, so it's not behind a pay wall.

If they are here on student visas and commit crimes like breaking and entering into university buildings, why exactly should they not be deported?
GettyImages-2150359626.jpg

We all know DA Alvin Bragg and his ADA chipmunks will do fuck-all to prosecute dollar store Abu Obaida and others who committed crimes at Columbia.

I'm not saying this is legal, but who believes if Trump wins, he won't try to do plenty of illegal things? And, perhaps these protesters need to understand that while It's fine to protest, it's stupid to deny Biden a vote, just because you don't agree with him on Israel. At least Biden isn't insane and he won't try to deport you just for protesting a war that you don't support. As the expression goes, "vote Blue no matter how", at least in November, the most important election in our lives.
I am always amazed how everyone of your elections is the most important in your lives. Why then are your elections so poorly supported?

I am always amazed how everyone of your elections is the most important in your lives. Why then are your elections so poorly supported?
We've never felt that way until Trump, so I'm not sure where you got that idea. The problem is that a lot of voters only consider the presidential elections to be very important and they sit out the midterm elections. I've tried to reason with some of them, but they just don't understand the importance of Congressional elections. It is insane that we spend so much time and money on our elections, but I guess that's a cultural issue that would be difficult to change.

I can't explain why voter apathy but it is a huge problem. I've known people who never voted or who started voting when they were middle aged. I used to beg my young coworkers when I was still working to vote. I finally helped one register when Obama ran. She and her mother had never voted but they wanted to vote for him. The same woman said she forgot to vote in the midterms and didn't realize we have 3 full weeks of early voting in my state. I got angry at her and she promised me, she would always vote in the future. I have no idea if she did.

My generation has been pretty good about voting. Most of us, as far as I know, have always voted, regardless of which party we usually support.

If they are here on student visas and commit crimes like breaking and entering into university buildings, why exactly should they not be deported?
Plenty of protesters did nothing of the sort- that is why they shouldn’t be deported.

Plenty of protesters did nothing of the sort- that is why they shouldn’t be deported.
B-b-but SOME did!
As usual, Cheato and Derec come down on the same side.
Kinda hard to not notice.

People didn't believe the warnings on Roe v Wade back in 2000. It is all cumulative. It'll take several Democratic presidencies to reverse the SCOTUS harm. So much of our law and order is based on the courts, which were highly partisanized by Reagan and the GOP. The Democrats responded in kind, and now it is a damn tit for tat, except in the US you can go District shopping to get something to go to the Supreme Court. And with this SCOTUS, petty things like standing don't even matter anymore (according to the Chief Justice).

GettyImages-2150359626.jpg

We all know DA Alvin Bragg and his ADA chipmunks will do fuck-all to prosecute dollar store Abu Obaida and others who committed crimes at Columbia.
The way you go on about Columbia, one would swear you donated $100 million to the school.

We've never felt that way until Trump, so I'm not sure where you got that idea. The problem is that a lot of voters only consider the presidential elections to be very important and they sit out the midterm elections. I've tried to reason with some of them, but they just don't understand the importance of Congressional elections. It is insane that we spend so much time and money on our elections, but I guess that's a cultural issue that would be difficult to change.

I can't explain why voter apathy but it is a huge problem. I've known people who never voted or who started voting when they were middle aged. I used to beg my young coworkers when I was still working to vote. I finally helped one register when Obama ran. She and her mother had never voted but they wanted to vote for him. The same woman said she forgot to vote in the midterms and didn't realize we have 3 full weeks of early voting in my state. I got angry at her and she promised me, she would always vote in the future. I have no idea if she did.

My generation has been pretty good about voting. Most of us, as far as I know, have always voted, regardless of which party we usually support.
I missed voting one time since I was of voting age and that was in 1992. Of course, my house has just been destroyed in Hurricane Andrew so I gave myself a pass.

Trump isn't just talking about immigrants. He wants to deport citizens as well. He's wants to bring back the old "love it or leaveI crap from the 60s, and make it into policy. Yesterday, Mr. Sohy and I were wondering where he try to deport us if we didn't commit to him. :p We were joking, but it might not be that funny. We have 6 different countries that different ancestors came from. Do we get to choose one? ;)

https://wapo.st/3KmOj2Y

If he returns to the White House, he promised to donors at a recent event, he would “set [the anti-Israel] movement back 25 or 30 years.”
Skip to end of carousel

End of carousel
How? In part by deporting those who participate in protests on college campuses.

“One thing I do is, any student that protests, I throw them out of the country,” he said, according to reporting from The Washington Post’s Josh Dawsey, Karen DeYoung and Marianne LeVine. “You know, there are a lot of foreign students. As soon as they hear that, they’re going to behave.”

There are foreign students in American universities. About 5 percent of students were from foreign countries at the beginning of 2022, though only about a quarter of a percent were from the Middle East and North Africa, the region that’s long been a focus of Trump’s fearmongering. But those are students in total, not students at recent campus protests. While some of those involved in the protests have been noncitizens, there’s no reason to think that most or even a significant portion of them were. But there’s also no reason to think Trump is particularly concerned about that technicality.
icon-election.png

Follow Election 2024
Follow
In October, the Trump campaign unveiled its “plan to keep jihadists and their sympathizers out of America” — an early formulation of Trump’s eager effort to demonstrate his hostility to critics of Israel’s response to the terrorist attack that month. Among its elements:

• “Aggressively deport resident aliens with jihadist sympathies.”
  • “Revoke the student visas of radical anti-American and anti-semitic foreigners at colleges and universities.”
  • “Proactively send [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] to pro-jihadist demonstrations to enforce our immigration laws and remove the violators from our country.”
There are several important considerations here. One is that, legally, resident noncitizens have the same freedoms of speech and protest as citizens. That includes students on valid visas.

Another is that the term “jihadist sympathies” not only describes a lot of protected speech, it is entirely subjective.
“If you hate America, if you want to abolish Israel, if you sympathize with jihadists,” Trump said during a December speech in Nevada, “then we don’t want you in our country. We don’t want you.”
Those are three very different categories, but the blurring is intentional. The promise Trump is offering is one that’s been tantalizing the right for decades: Love it or leave it as federal policy.

The most alarming aspect of Trump’s proposal is the deployment of federal immigration officers to protests to police speech. It should not be a consolation that the target of that ICE supervision is immigrants, even setting aside free speech issues. Such a policy would almost certainly mean detentions of U.S. citizens and eventual deportations.
Trump wants to deport citizens, not just immigrants and legal immigrants are entitled to the same rights as citizens, as is mentioned in the article, which I'm sharing, so anyone can read the entire thing if interested.

I think it should be of concern to anyone who thinks we have the right to criticize our fucked up country. I'd like to see it be a better country and while I don't think that protests accomplish much if anything, I fully support the right to peacefully protest and I don't think anyone should be thrown out of the country simply for criticizing or protesting against something they don't like about the country. Fuck!!

I know damn well if I were to try and discuss this with a Trump supporter, I'd likely hear something like, "Oh Trump says a lot of things that he doesn't really mean". Well, that should also be very concerning, if true, but I think if he could get away with it, he would do the things he threatens. Since Putin and Hitler are two of his idols, he might accomplish his threats with a little help from his cult friends.

Anyway, the protestors might not support Biden's policies, but I'll say it again. They are fools if they don't vote for him. Just hold your fucking nose and vote for who you might perceive as the lesser of two evils. It ain't Trump! No third party candidate has a chance.

I am pretty sure any visa could be revoked if the holder broke the law.

I missed voting one time since I was of voting age and that was in 1992. Of course, my house has just been destroyed in Hurricane Andrew so I gave myself a pass.
That reason for not voting seems eminently reasonable

Trump isn't just talking about immigrants. He wants to deport citizens as well. He's wants to bring back the old "love it or leaveI crap from the 60s, and make it into policy. Yesterday, Mr. Sohy and I were wondering where he try to deport us if we didn't commit to him. :p We were joking, but it might not be that funny. We have 6 different countries that different ancestors came from. Do we get to choose one?
Yeah, I most definitely worry about this. My wife is naturalized--but she is not a dual citizen as her birth country does not permit dual citizenship. He doesn't like China. Would he try to deport her without regard for the fact that that would leave her stateless?

Trump isn't just talking about immigrants. He wants to deport citizens as well. He's wants to bring back the old "love it or leaveI crap from the 60s, and make it into policy. Yesterday, Mr. Sohy and I were wondering where he try to deport us if we didn't commit to him. :p We were joking, but it might not be that funny. We have 6 different countries that different ancestors came from. Do we get to choose one?
Yeah, I most definitely worry about this. My wife is naturalized--but she is not a dual citizen as her birth country does not permit dual citizenship. He doesn't like China. Would he try to deport her without regard for the fact that that would leave her stateless?
You could try heading to the Netherlands. Depending on whether either of you has a business, the DAFT visa might get you in the door, and then if her passport is revoked and she becomes stateless you can transition to a refugee status.

I don't see Trump deporting students as that would require building a logistics infrastructure that is well beyond the lazy cunt.

Leaning hard into the Prison Industrial Complex that the US already has however...

As a former F1 visa holder, my understanding is that any somewhat serious crime like theft will deport you, as a result of university expulsion, not because US laws have such punishment. Police, probably, would not even report you to the university for some minor crap.
As for the protest vandalism, don't know, considering money they pay for "education", I think it's still a good deal for university, even with occasional vandalism :D

Back
Top Bottom