• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Victim Blames Sexual Assault

Malintent

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
No big surprise there. Trump tweets that Bill O'Riley is "a good man".... and that he "should not have settled" because he thinks he is innocent.

According to those that use the term Victim Blaming around here (quite a lot), since Trump is saying that the (alleged) victim is lying about the assault, in that any contact would have been consensual (or nothing at all happened), that means that whatever the alleged victim thought happened, did not. It is therefore her fault there is a conflict. Victim Blaming.

Donald Trump continues to needlessly hitch his wagon to anything.

This Assad guy, not that bad. We've all made mistakes right?

Not a great example of the misuse of the term.

Trump is essentially shifting all blame from O'Reilly to his accusers. To claim O'Reilly innocent is to imply that his accusers are making false accusations about him, which is something that would reflect upon their moral character and legal action could be taken against them. There is little in this situation allowing for O'Reilly to be innocent without his accusers being guilty of some moral and/or legal wrongdoing. So, any claim he is innocent is defacto victim blaming.

Unlike some scenarios, mistaken identity (and thus no real wrong doing) is not a plausible option here.

Last edited:
No big surprise there. Trump tweets that Bill O'Riley is "a good man".... and that he "should not have settled" because he thinks he is innocent.

According to those that use the term Victim Blaming around here (quite a lot), since Trump is saying that the (alleged) victim is lying about the assault, in that any contact would have been consensual (or nothing at all happened), that means that whatever the alleged victim thought happened, did not. It is therefore her fault there is a conflict. Victim Blaming.

So much ignorance, so little time.

Are you denying the SJWs overuse the term, or is the overuse what you are calling ignorant?

For your reference:
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...er-own-molestation/page28&p=403507#post403507

Are you denying the SJWs overuse the term, or is the overuse what you are calling ignorant?

I am saying that the OP is an ignorant attempt to frame the discussion in a manner that does not apply to the real world. Further, the ignorance seems to be willful.

Yes, great reference there, it exposes the willful ignorance of the OP. Let's revisit exactly what was discussed in that thread to show the willful ignorance proffered in this OP:

You posted this:
as has been acknowledged by yourself, and others, "wasn't me" is a valid defense, and that defense "blames the victim" for getting the identity wrong.

I responded with this:
That is not victim blaming. Getting the identity of your rapist wrong does not impart any of the blame for the actual rape upon the victim.

Then you responded with this:
I agree... my whole point in participating in this thread is to point out how extremely overused the term has been... to the point of complete loss of utility. My post was illustrative of the slippery slope other poster's usage has become.

Then you started the current thread, acting as if we never had the above conversation. No one in the linked thread took the position that "I didn't do it" is victim blaming, except for YOU and some of the other posters on your side of the discussion. If you want to label yourself as the SJW that you despise, that is your problem. The ignorance comes in with the OP trying to foist that position on myself and the other posters on my side of the discussion, when that is a position that none of us hold.

OK, then you just didn't get it.. won't hold it against you.. it went over several other poster's heads too.

OK, then you just didn't get it.. won't hold it against you.. it went over several other poster's heads too.

If we blame you for that, is it "victim blaming"? :D

LOL, I suppose it might be. Everything is "victim blaming". In fact, once blame is laid, he who is blamed is a victim of the blame, and therefore has been victim blamed... it just works for everything... and resultantly, means nothing.

If we blame you for that, is it "victim blaming"? :D

LOL, I suppose it might be. Everything is "victim blaming". In fact, once blame is laid, he who is blamed is a victim of the blame, and therefore has been victim blamed... it just works for everything... and resultantly, means nothing.

Who's diluting the message now?

Poor lil O'Liely! Them damn women keep making up complaints about him! Because he's a high profile sort of guy, and that's what happens with high profile commentators on TV. Just not on MSNBC, CNN, or those other cable channel high profile men.

I think you misordered your thread title:

Trump Blames Sexual Assault Victim

But somehow everyone knew what you meant

Who's diluting the message now?

He and Loren were the only ones diluting the term in the first place :shrug:

You are misusing the term. Are you a SJW?

F

who are you asking? Me? No, I am not a SJW, but I am a defender of human rights and fair treatment.
Yes, this is exactly the type of misuse of the term I have been trying to point out has been in practice too much lately. this thread is a form of mirroring to help those unaware of how slippery the slope is they are standing on. I am still amazed at how many "offenders" are calling this out as "not Victim Blaming", yet are personally guilty of overuse / misuse elsewhere. It is such a display of obliviousness of self that I can't even believe these are real people (maybe troll bots?) <shrug>

"one who defends" is not equivalent to "one that seeks war". Quite the opposite, actually. Here is yet another misused term from the simple minds of the linguistically inept.

Trump says O'Reilly shouldn't have settled because O'Reilly did nothing wrong. Trump said he was never going to settle the fraud claim in the Trump U case because he'd done nothing wrong. Trump then settled the Trump U case for $25,000,000........................................

Sorry for the interruption. I had to stop so that I could prevent myself from shitting my pants.

"one who defends" is not equivalent to "one that seeks war". Quite the opposite, actually.
Warriors also defend. And another meaning for warrior is " a person who has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness".
"
Here is yet another misused term from the simple minds of the linguistically inept.
Don't be so hard on yourself. And there is no reason to be ashamed of being a SJW.

Back
Top Bottom