• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump voters more likely to be beta males

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/

The study itself notes that this only shows a correlation, which is not the same thing as causation, but it does show that Trump voters are more likely to be the thing they keep saying everyone else is. Causal relationship or not, that remains true.

If any of this information surprises you, you probably voted for Trump, or at least seriously considered it.

I'm using the term "beta male" in the conservative sense of the word. Of course the concepts of "beta males" and "alpha males" have no actual basis in science. The origin of the term was based on a misunderstanding.

There are however those that lead and those that follow.

Those that lead can see Trump is an ignorant con man with absolutely no substance or plans.

Those that need somebody to follow latch on to their leader and become blind to reality.

I have long thought that those men who are obsessed with who is an alpha, and who is a beta, are actually deltas.

I have long thought that those men who are obsessed with who is an alpha, and who is a beta, are actually deltas.

This research seems to confirm your suspicion.

Given what the research shows about rabid prejudice against homosexuals, this should surprise no one.

This research seems to confirm your suspicion.

Given what the research shows about rabid prejudice against homosexuals, this should surprise no one.

Zeta males unite!
Witch hunt!

I'm surprised to hear that the concept of alpha and beta males is unsupported scientifically.

That's the origin of the phrase of alpha wolf.

Chimps and gorillas live in groups with dominant males.

The highest-ranking chimpanzee in a group is the alpha-male. These males climb their way to the top of the chimpanzee hierarchy, and the ways they choose to do so can differ with the personality of the individual leader. Take two of the alpha males observed in Gombe, Frodo and Freud, for instance. Though they were brothers, each chimp had a very different leadership style. While Freud maintained control through fostering strong alliances and grooming those he wanted to keep under his command, Frodo relied heavily on aggression and brute strength.

http://news.janegoodall.org/2018/07/10/top-bottom-chimpanzee-social-hierarchy-amazing/

I'm surprised to hear that the concept of alpha and beta males is unsupported scientifically.

Well, where I grew up there was a store Alpha-Beta. Wouldn't any man working there be an alpha beta male? :)

It is a silly idea. In primitive human society, where great accumulation of wealth is not practical, the leader is the one who is best at getting cooperation from the the members of the group, not the strongest.

It is a silly idea. In primitive human society, where great accumulation of wealth is not practical, the leader is the one who is best at getting cooperation from the the members of the group, not the strongest.

It's not a silly idea.

Alpha chimps also use cooperation some times. And physical intimidation some times.

Just like humans.

It's not a silly idea.

Alpha chimps also use cooperation some times. And physical intimidation some times.

Just like humans.

After a lifetime of alpha role, I know two things. First, I'm tired of it. Second, physical intimidation is only effective in purely personal exchanges. In any kind of group exchange, it's a serious mistake.

It's not a silly idea.

Just like humans.

After a lifetime of alpha role, I know two things. First, I'm tired of it. Second, physical intimidation is only effective in purely personal exchanges. In any kind of group exchange, it's a serious mistake.

Most humans will submit to a powerful personality. Most seek some form of cooperation.

Alpha's in it for themselves are a problem for humans.

They exploit and abuse human tendencies for cooperation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/

The study itself notes that this only shows a correlation, which is not the same thing as causation, but it does show that Trump voters are more likely to be the thing they keep saying everyone else is. Causal relationship or not, that remains true.

If any of this information surprises you, you probably voted for Trump, or at least seriously considered it.

I'm using the term "beta male" in the conservative sense of the word. Of course the concepts of "beta males" and "alpha males" have no actual basis in science. The origin of the term was based on a misunderstanding.

This would go well in my "cuck" thread.

I tend to accept the OP proposition. Seriously. What kind of "alpha male" thinks Trump, of all people, is someone to admire or emulate? A fat, loudmouth, unintelligent tool that isn't actually all that rich. He's not a big gun nut, he's not a tough guy by any stretch of the imagination. Please. Any real "Alpha male" would run all over Trump in about 5 minutes. He's all talk, a reality show character. Hell, he still can't fire anyone in person; it's obvious he's genuinely afraid of confrontation. He can't even summon the courage to go see the truly courageous overseas. What a clown.

Yes.

At heart he is a coward.

Put him in the jungles of Vietnam and that would have become clear. Better to cry about your bone spurs.

All of his over the top nonsense is over compensation for these facts.

Serious people cannot take his shtick seriously.

He is most definitely a clown in his wigs and shoulder pads.

From an article about a psychiatrists' views on Trump's mental problems:

https://www.salon.com/2018/12/04/trump-fans-have-trait-toddlers-grow-out-of-doctor-says_partner/

Bandy X. Lee: The sense of grandiose omnipotence that he displays seems especially appealing to his emotionally-needy followers. No matter what the world says, he fights back against criticism, continues to lie in the face of truth, and above all is still president. What matters is that he is winning, not whether he is honest or law-abiding. This may seem puzzling to the rest of us, but when you are overcome with feelings of powerlessness, this type of cartoonish, exaggerated force is often more important than true ability. This is the more primitive morality, as we call it, of “might makes right,” which in normal development you grow out of by age five.

Does that or does that not sound like the typical conservative beta male?

They are so consumed with feelings of powerlessness that they will latch on to and worship anyone who claims strength in the right way. It doesn't matter if the person in question is actually strong or not a traitor or not a Nazi. What matters is that they are brazen and confident, because that is what beta males like conservatives and libertarians crave.

...that is what beta males like conservatives and libertarians crave.

That's a new description of "conservatives". I've never liked them, but they weren't in slavish lockstep with any authoritarian personality. There were principles that they adhered to (however loosely) that were recognized even by those who opposed them. It is difficult to oppose a caricature like Cheato - as someone said, it's like fighting with Jello. Those who support him are not "conservatives" by any measure that was acceptable in the past.

Back
Top Bottom