• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

“I see a plague coming on the world and the bars and church and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world.”

Wow, I didn't even hear about this prophecy until today. It's from Dr. Wilkerson in 1986. This is spooky stuff for non-believers.

The skeptics probably said, "Crackpot!" until it happened.

Fuck off. Seriously. Fuck off.

The Hill on Twitter: "Rep. @AOC: "Here's the path to canceling rent -- we're going to lay it out right here.
WATCH: @RepAOC lays out a method by which rent and mortgages can be suspended to help both renters and mom and pop landlords. https://t.co/2mzG593PmD" / Twitter

Trump leans against state bailouts as governors cry foul - POLITICO
Elaborating on Trump’s position in an interview on Fox News, White House economic adviser Kevin Hassett said, “I think that the president has said that he is not eager to go around bailing people out, but he’s willing to negotiate.”

During his daily news conference Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo charged that scolding states and cities seeking federal help is antithetical to the ambition of a national rebuild that will require a wide distribution of funds across the country.

“If you want to do an analysis of who is a giver and who is a taker, we are the No. 1 giver. Nobody puts more money into the pot than the state of New York. We’re the No. 1 donor,” he said, adding that McConnell’s home state of Kentucky is one of the “taker states” that collects more federal dollars than it directs to the government through taxes.

Cuomo also praised Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, a Democrat, for rebuking McConnell’s stance on state bankruptcies, remarking that “it is hard for a governor, especially Andy, who is a relatively new governor, to stand up to a senior official and speak truth to power.”

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy similarly blasted McConnell in an interview Monday and described a bleak set of circumstances in his state, where he warned that “revenues have fallen off the table” amid the coronavirus outbreak.

I find myself usually agreeing with Kevin Drum, and today is no exception:

I don’t especially blame Donald Trump for not endorsing lockdowns and quarantines and so forth until mid-March. In this, he was probably following expert advice fairly reasonably. What I do blame him for is: not planning for the worst case when he had the chance during February; consistently providing the country with bad information about vaccines and cures and bleach and so forth; declining to take testing seriously; turning the entire operation into a partisan crusade; using the month of April to fire up his base to “liberate” red states; wasting time blaming China and WHO and Democrats and governors for his own mistakes; putting Jared Kushner in charge of an important task that needed someone experienced and competent; and just generally acting like a buffoon the entire time. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.

I don't see what Trump could have done differently. If he had ordered a lockdown in February, you guys would've been screaming, "He doesn't have the authority to do that! Only the governors do!" Then the governors would've waited (like they did anyway) since it was their call all along. You can't have it both ways. You can't say, "Only the governors can open the states!" and then also say, "Trump should;'ve used his authority to close the states earlier!" It's a nonsensical hypocritical contradiction.

And I don't see what's wrong with blaming CHina and WHO. Those are the ones responsible for this whole thing. It's responsible to blame those who are at fault. If I mess up at work, my boss doesn't yell at my co-worker, he would yell at me, as he should.

I find myself usually agreeing with Kevin Drum, and today is no exception:

I don’t especially blame Donald Trump for not endorsing lockdowns and quarantines and so forth until mid-March. In this, he was probably following expert advice fairly reasonably. What I do blame him for is: not planning for the worst case when he had the chance during February; consistently providing the country with bad information about vaccines and cures and bleach and so forth; declining to take testing seriously; turning the entire operation into a partisan crusade; using the month of April to fire up his base to “liberate” red states; wasting time blaming China and WHO and Democrats and governors for his own mistakes; putting Jared Kushner in charge of an important task that needed someone experienced and competent; and just generally acting like a buffoon the entire time. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.

I don't see what Trump could have done differently. If he had ordered a lockdown in February, you guys would've been screaming, "He doesn't have the authority to do that! Only the governors do!" Then the governors would've waited (like they did anyway) since it was their call all along. You can't have it both ways. You can't say, "Only the governors can open the states!" and then also say, "Trump should;'ve used his authority to close the states earlier!" It's a nonsensical hypocritical contradiction.

And I don't see what's wrong with blaming CHina and WHO. Those are the ones responsible for this whole thing. It's responsible to blame those who are at fault. If I mess up at work, my boss doesn't yell at my co-worker, he would yell at me, as he should.

You did not respond to all the legitimate criticisms in the quote, see the BOLD

God damn you, stop with the "you guys would have been . . ." strawman shit and admit, Trump is a complete failure at what he could have done.

Everything is WRONG with blaming China and WHO because it does absolutely nothing to help the USA after the fact. It is done. Period. Only children place blame as their defense or instead of actually doing something.

F-head is now going to order all meat plants to stay open even though they've become COVID hot spots, using the Defense Production Act, which he seems unable to effectively use to increase the supply of things like PPEs.

I have no words.

Why? That has nothing to do with my post.

Okay, I do know why. It's because, like a bot or a paid troll, you come to this board only to spout your Dumbass Right Wing Talking Points™ that you have cobbled together from your favorite Dumbass Right Wing Youtube Comments™ by randomly replying to posts that often have nothing to do with those Dumbass Right Wing Talking Points™. There is so much bad faith in every post you make. You're not here to discuss and engage, but only to driveby.

But I'll waste time anyway responding to your bot impersonation. I will give more of a response than you deserve and, annoyingly, I will have to repeat what others have already told you but that you have ignored because of that bad faith problem.

Obama continues a war in the Middle East, gets a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Bzzzt. Already failed your own premise. The Nobel (not Noble) Committee is not the media. You keep confusing the media with anybody who disagrees with you. You keep saying "the media" as though it is one thing. Your Dumbass Right Wing Talking Points™ are very dumb.

Trump bans travel from China at a time when nobody took the virus seriously and there were 0 deaths in America.

You keep mentioning the travel ban as if anybody should be impressed. He imposed the ban over a week after we had our first confirmed case. Hundreds of thousand had already traveled from China to the US since the virus was known of and before he imposed the ban. And it was hardly an effective ban even with its tardiness, there were too many exceptions. Tens of thousands of people from China have traveled here since the ban.

The only valid point of imposing a ban then would be to buy some time to prepare, but your dear leader and king of all dumbasses ignored that part. He instead squandered the time lying that "we have it totally under control" and lying about how it's a "hoax" that he's not taking it seriously. The toddler thought the travel ban was all that was needed.

He gets out of the bed dreaming of ways to ban furreners from coming here, so no he doesn't get credit for doing what he jerks off to doing already, since he even fucked that up anyway.

Even if he completely sealed off everyone from China, it wouldn't have mattered anyway as long people were coming from other countries, and especially since the virus in NYC came from travelers from Europe.

It's also false that nobody took the virus seriously. The WHO had already declared it a global health emergency, and some said they should have done it earlier.

The WHO should sound the alarm on Wuhan coronavirus (opinion) - CNN

Also within the dreaded "the media" there was this piece in the Wall Street Journal written by experts, which fairly accurately described what we were in store for.

Act Now to Prevent an American Epidemic - WSJ

Or this in a medical news site.

Containing new coronavirus may not be feasible, experts say - STAT

In Axios.

Experts warn U.S. to plan for a much bigger coronavirus outbreak - Axios

Even by looking at travel bans, since you consider that the only serious response, at least several dozen other nations had already implemented bans before Trump did, and several before they had any cases confirmed.

Trump even ignored warnings much earlier than January. US intelligence knew about the outbreak as early as November.

US intelligence warned in November that coronavirus spreading in China could be 'cataclysmic event': report | TheHill

And the info was in his daily briefings.

President’s intelligence briefing book repeatedly cited virus threat - The Washington Post

We didn't have to rely on China's public statements to know everything that was going on, as you like to pretend.

Trump was also warned all the way back about viral threats in early 2017 from the exponentially more competent Obama admin.

Before Trump’s inauguration, a warning: ‘The worst influenza pandemic since 1918’ - POLITICO

Media called him a racist bigot.

He is a racist, but no they didn't call him that. Well, some may have, but "the media" as a whole didn't. Feel free to cite your evidence.

Me thinks...and this is just a very educated hunch...that if Obama banned travel from China WAY BEFORE all the experts recommended it,

Except that didn't happen here. His own experts told him to do it, and other nations did it before he did.

the media would be praising Obama for his "quick thinking and fast judgment of a global pandemic."

Only if it worked, should they. Certainly not after there's been 50,000 dead.

To the media, Trump can do no right and Obama can do no wrong. Very strange mentality who the media picks and chooses to hail as heroes.

What say you?

I say that factually Trump is a garbage president and that fact will be reflected in any objective media by merely reporting the things he says and does.

Trump is the worst possible person to have in office during a crisis like this. He only cares about anything insofar as he believes it affects him personally and over the shortest possible time window. And he's a very stupid man, so even if he did care about others and doing a good job, he would still fuck it up. Even the most competent government would have a problem dealing with this virus, let alone a kakistocracy like his.

I eagerly await your non-response. Meanwhile, say hi to your programmers. :wave2:

F-head is now going to order all meat plants to stay open even though they've become COVID hot spots, using the Defense Production Act, which he seems unable to effectively use to increase the supply of things like PPEs.

I have no words.

Seems like a good plan to keep them open. People will riot without food. People need meat. Sorry to break it to you.

If you were the President, maybe you would want riots all over the country, but I wouldn't.

You did not respond to all the legitimate criticisms in the quote, see the BOLD

God damn you, stop with the "you guys would have been . . ." strawman shit and admit, Trump is a complete failure at what he could have done.

Everything is WRONG with blaming China and WHO because it does absolutely nothing to help the USA after the fact. It is done. Period. Only children place blame as their defense or instead of actually doing something.

All that stuff are things Trump had no control over. No one thought it was going to be serious. No one was coming out in Jan/Feb saying "LOCKDOWN NOW!!!!!!" No experts...no Fauci...no doctors...no scientists..no Democrats...no media....nothing...zip....zero...zilch....nada....goose egg.

I see--you think it's more important to force people to work than to save their lives.

Answer me this:

Why are restaurant owners, bar owners, and other businesses owners screaming to re-open as soon as possible?

Why aren't they content with not working, like you say they should be? Do they just have a death wish? Or maybe...just maybe....they need money?

What you are missing is that they have ongoing costs even though they aren't in operation.

Also, it's a pretty darn small minority that is in favor of reopening early. They're just well astroturfed.

Fox News was just talking about how the media spreads lie after lie about Trump and they have to keep setting the record straight. They said "It's like a kid going from room to room making a mess in your house and the parents are going room to room to clean up after the kid. The media are like children."

"The media is silent on Joe Biden's sexual assault allegations when they don't ignore any of Trump's allegations. The lesson is that the media will protect you if they like you and destroy you if they hate you." - Greg Gutfeld

Faux Noise is the one spreading most of the lies.

I see--you think it's more important to force people to work than to save their lives.

Answer me this:

Why are restaurant owners, bar owners, and other businesses owners screaming to re-open as soon as possible?

Why aren't they content with not working, like you say they should be? Do they just have a death wish? Or maybe...just maybe....they need money?

What you are missing is that they have ongoing costs even though they aren't in operation.

Also, it's a pretty darn small minority that is in favor of reopening early. They're just well astroturfed.

Yes, and anyone in favor of them staying closed and going bankrupt and out of business is a heartless fool.

Fox News was just talking about how the media spreads lie after lie about Trump and they have to keep setting the record straight. They said "It's like a kid going from room to room making a mess in your house and the parents are going room to room to clean up after the kid. The media are like children."

"The media is silent on Joe Biden's sexual assault allegations when they don't ignore any of Trump's allegations. The lesson is that the media will protect you if they like you and destroy you if they hate you." - Greg Gutfeld

Faux Noise is the one spreading most of the lies.

Nope. Media says, "TRUMP SAYS TO DRINK BLEACH!!!!"

He never mentioned the word bleach.

I can only imagine the media if Obama joked how cool it would be if we could clean out the lungs via disinfectant. "Wow! Obama knows how to take people's minds off the crisis with a good joke! We are all lucky to have this man as President! His mind is constantly spinning!"

If you watch the video of Trump's speech, he was CLEARLY smiling in jest at the doctor while he said it. Only a blind man wouldn't be able to see him smiling. He certainly wasn't serious.

Trump squashed more propaganda. A reporter just asked him, "Joe Biden said you might change the election date. Is that true?" And Trump said, "No, why would I do that? It's November 3, that's a good number. That's propaganda made up by his side.

That's a denial not a debunking. And he's a know liar, if you haven't heard.

Trump doesn't have the power to postpone it, though he could whine about it to those who do. But if it is delayed until after Jan. 20, he's out anyway.

Do you guys ever get tired of this nonsense?

100%

The point went right over your head!

What did the media do about Trump's sexual assault allegations? They complained day after day about it and brought it up constantly.

What do they do about Joe Biden's sexual assault allegations? NOTHING. SILENCE. That's the problem!

Nothing, because we have one accuser who hasn't testified under oath. If there was something substantial there don't you think she would have been called on to testify by now??

His Flatulence, however, we have many allegations including some which he has basically admitted to.

Trump squashed more propaganda. A reporter just asked him, "Joe Biden said you might change the election date. Is that true?" And Trump said, "No, why would I do that? It's November 3, that's a good number. That's propaganda made up by his side."

Just because you take his word as the word of god doesn't mean we do.

Also, on a side note, doesn't anyone wonder why we are told to "practice social distancing and wear masks and gloves" but during the White House briefs, no reporters are wearing masks or gloves, Trump isn't wearing a mask and gloves, Fauci isn't wearing a mask and gloves and they all sit and stand right next to each other?

Seems awfully suspicious....this is why there's a lot of talk in conservative circles that this is the elites knowing there is no problem but telling us there is a problem.

Trump squashed more propaganda. A reporter just asked him, "Joe Biden said you might change the election date. Is that true?" And Trump said, "No, why would I do that? It's November 3, that's a good number. That's propaganda made up by his side."

Yes. If you just linked the article which holds the exact quotes instead of your spin of it, an honest discussion could be made.

But instead we have the crap you spew. That is the nonsense you are referring to, right?

It looks like his reported it accurately.

Also, it makes sense--as it stands it would take a lot of fraud for His Flatulence to win the election and in the past he has suggested delaying the election.

I have no words.
They already turned off sports. They turn off meat, and people will be pissed! So, how are these plants going to stay open if everyone is sick, or do we quarantine people at the plant so they only work at the plant... oh fuck... should I delete that before the GOP runs with it?

Also,

COULD EVERYONE STOP RESPONDING TO HALF LIFE?!?!?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. If you just linked the article which holds the exact quotes instead of your spin of it, an honest discussion could be made.

But instead we have the crap you spew. That is the nonsense you are referring to, right?

It looks like his reported it accurately.

Also, it makes sense--as it stands it would take a lot of fraud for His Flatulence to win the election and in the past he has suggested delaying the election.

I did report it accurately. Also, notice the media never runs stories on Biden's dementia. Greg Gutfeld on Fox News said, "If you gave me a choice of getting into a car with Biden or Trump behind the wheel, you bet I'd rather ride with Trump. Biden is mentally gone right now. Anyone who says they would rather get in a car with Biden is lying."

I have no words.
They already turned off sports. They turn off meat, and people will be pissed! So, how are these plants going to stay open if everyone is sick, or do we quarantine people at the plant so they only work at the plant... oh fuck... should I delete that before the GOP runs with it?

Also,

COULD EVERYONE STOP RESPONDING TO HALF LIFE?!?!?

Thanks in advance.

They hire people who are NOT sick and out of a job right now? Tons of waiters and waitresses are out of work right now. They should be flocking to apply.

Not exactly a brain buster thought there....

Back
Top Bottom