• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Trump was a good president (split from: As a politician how can I serve everyone)

To notify a split thread.

in line with his past comments about them mostly being rapists and criminals.
Trump is right about one thing. He didn't become a racist until he became POTUS when it was politically expedient for the media to paint him that way. In fact at one time he was friends with both the Clinton's and Adam Schiff.....the pictures of him posing with them at their parties are easy to find with google.

Over a period of time, edited journalism has been successful painting this racist fiction.

He gave away national security secrets to foreign nationals while in office, and on his way out stole hundreds of highly classified documents.
Probably not, and neither of us would know. What he did do though (according to Coulter) however is not follow a federal subpoena which was very dumb and pigheaded on his part.

So the fact that he tried allegedly attempted to overthrow the republic is secondary the nebulous "his policies" that you like..
FIFY

There is a huge difference in opinion regarding Jan 6, the democrats thought it was an insurrection and the republicans think it was a protest with violent elements. It is a fact that Trump was over a mile away giving his speech and also a fact he said to protest "peacefully". But regardless your personal opinion, if George Bush and Cheney get the pass for war crimes against humanity by our elites in Washington, what happened on Jan 6 was just a Sunday school picnic by any measure.
A protest!?? What the hell?? Have you been paying attention? What was the fake electors sham? Anyone connected to the fake elector scheme should be in jail and never allowed to run for office again. Trumptator tried to overthrow our election.

So the fact that he tried allegedly attempted to overthrow the republic is secondary the nebulous "his policies" that you like..
FIFY

There is a huge difference in opinion regarding Jan 6, the democrats thought it was an insurrection and the republicans think it was a protest with violent elements. It is a fact that Trump was over a mile away giving his speech and also a fact he said to protest "peacefully".
Wow. You drank all the Kool-Aid, didn't you?

As for what the right wing called a bunch of harmless tourists, the courts are dealing with the aftermath of the little field trip, and the leaders of the attempted insurrection are being sentenced to prison. It is not - in those cases - a matter of opinion, but rather of settled law.

While Trump was over a mile away (distance from said Capitol did not grant immunity from being sentenced to prison for seditious conspiracy), he and his team of lawyers were working on a scheme to simply throw out the electoral votes that didn't go their way. That case has yet to be adjudicated (trial is pending), but to suggest that Trump was simply watching the events unfold on television and thinking about whether to send a friendly Tweet is frankly absurd.

The fact is that while the mob was trying to stop the electoral vote count, Trump was working to make it irrelevant. He knew he had lost the election, but he didn't care. He wanted to be President anyway. What's really astonishing is that you (and the mob of idiots) STILL don't understand that it was all academic by January 6th. The electoral votes - the real ones - had already been cast. Mike Pence was correct that he was merely presiding over a ceremony and had no authority to change the outcome.

The fact that Trump said the word "peacefully" doesn't mean shit.

It is sad watching a dead red trumpsucker desperately trying to salvage some shred of redemptive quality from the fetid lump of useless protoplasm that is their Dear Leader.
There’s not enough FOXwashing on the planet to cover the smell.

Doing a good job and being liked don't always go hand in hand. Just ask some of the old Apple employees who used to work with Steve Jobs.
Doing a lousy job and being disliked don’t always go hand in hand. Just ask a MAGAtard.
Fair enough. And according to Ann Coulter (who remains extremely credible to the right) Trump actually did a lousy job. She voted for him and dislikes him now:

But her reasons are much different than most liberals.

What are her reasons? To me, The fact that Trump tried to overthrow our election "trumps" everything else. Democracy is the most important issue to me.

See 46:50-47:50

Or you could just sum up that one minute. What are her reasons?

I know you like to argue by posting videos, but seriously...give us that harpy's reasons.

Its always better to hear from the horses mouth than to take my word because I do not always hear things and communicate them with perfection. I believe an unedited video is as good as it gets. But anyway I would say her main reason is for failing to keep the promise of controlling the border which was central to his campaign. Honestly, I remember nothing getting done but that he did try like hell but with all the trouble and road blocks put up by the democrats...not to mention 1 investigation and 2 impeachments. But according to Colter, Trump had the opportunity to secure the border when he first took office and did not fulfill what he promised. And she is probably more right than I am.

Not quite right. She said Trump didn't keep his "promiseS" and that mainstream media will not have her on their programs criticising Trump from the right. And then she goes full wack job saying media will not have her on because they support open borders policy.

Trump is right about one thing. He didn't become a racist until he became POTUS when it was politically expedient for the media to paint him that way. In fact at one time he was friends with both the Clinton's and Adam Schiff.....the pictures of him posing with them at their parties are easy to find with google.

Over a period of time, edited journalism has been successful painting this racist fiction.
Not renting to black people happened long before he became president. His use of racial epithets on the set of The Apprentice happened long before he became president.

Not renting to black people happened long before he became president. His use of racial epithets on the set of The Apprentice happened long before he became president.
And at the risk of piling on, he was also a misogynist piece of shit back then as well. RVonse would have us believe that it was only when he ran for President that women came out with stories of sexual harassment. I could have told you that back in 2007 when a friend of mine was on The Apprentice.

Yeah, so he lacks character, lies a lot, rapes women, cheats contractors, business partners and the IRS, and would like to do away with democracy and be dictator for life, but he has good policies. Policies that are the best policies. Nobody has better policies. Those policies are so good that nobody even knows what they are!

Yeah, so he lacks character, lies a lot, rapes women, cheats contractors, business partners and the IRS, and would like to do away with democracy and be dictator for life, but he has good policies. Policies that are the best policies. Nobody has better policies. Those policies are so good that nobody even knows what they are!
It has been a minute, but one of the best looks into Trump-world is the last episode of the first season of the Netflix series "Dirty Money." It features the contractors he stiffed, former business partners he screwed, government ethics officials who tried to rein him in, and a couple of the creators behind The Apprentice. Those guys were particularly insightful.

See, when they created the "reality" show that launched his rebirth, Trump was beyond washed up. He'd gone bankrupt often enough that the banks had him on an allowance, his offices at Trump Tower were run-down and almost sad, and Trump himself had been reduced to shilling for fast food restaurants. They created a version of Trump for the show. Basically a "what if he were still relevant" simulacrum. They refurbished the offices, built the "boardroom" set, and made it seem like he was still the 80s billionaire he once was.

Thing is...it was kind of a joke to them. Tongue in cheek. Contestants would compete for a job in the Trump organization and a cash prize, but that wasn't really what it was about. Cast members used the show (like other reality properties) to build their portfolios and market themselves. I mean...a season on a network show - even if you didn't "win" - was worth more than the prize money. I know a guy who was on a reality show who didn't even come close to "winning," but wound up spinning that into 4 seasons on a highly rated cable show about zombies.

Thing is, Trump actually believed he was still "that guy." Being flown back and forth in a Trump-branded helicopter (he didn't own it) to different challenges for the show somehow convinced him that he was really the character they'd created for him...just without any of the tongue in cheek irony. Like the contestants, he used the fact that he was on a weekly network TV show to promote himself, but somewhere along the way he decided that he (or rather, his character) was such an inimitable genius that he could be President.

The guy who's running for President now is not the same Donald Trump that was featured on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" back in the 80s. He's a Frankenstein's monster version of the main character from "The Apprentice." He bought into the hype. Got high on his own supply. And we're all worse off for it.

The “Lifestyles” feature was an element of another earlier resurgence. He was already dead before that. By 1970 he had spent daddy’s money and was calling in to radio stations saying he was Trump’s publicist, and droning on about what a stud he was.

The “Lifestyles” feature was an element of another earlier resurgence. He was already dead before that. By 1970 he had spent daddy’s money and was calling in to radio stations saying he was Trump’s publicist, and droning on about what a stud he was.
"But I just like his policies!"

And, of course, everyone likes Trumpcare. That healthcare reform Trump instituted to keep his campaign promise to "Repeal and replace Obamacare with something Great!"
Tom

I didn't ask about Biden. I wonder what you think of Trump's CHARACTER, what you think of Trump's CRIMES, what you think of Trump's MALIGNANT NARCISSISM, what you think of Trump's acts of SEDITION and TREASON.

Why are you afraid to address such questions?
I'm fine with his character. As far as his crimes I mean yeah they are pretty bad he tried to overturn a fair election but I still like his policies and what he represents. His narcissism, sedition and treason yeah it's bad but I still feel like his good outweighs the bad to me.

So the fact that he tried to overthrow the republic is secondary the nebulous "his policies" that you like...the most important one being (apparently) immigration. You'll excuse the sedition and the attempt to install himself as a dictator, because he keeps out "the other." I'm curious...is it all immigrants or just the brown ones? He said (and he meant the ones coming over the southern border) are "poisoning the blood of our country." This is straight up white nationalist rhetoric, and in line with his past comments about them mostly being rapists and criminals. He routinely disparages people of color, and has asserted that people of color coming to these shores are from "shithole countries."

You also said you like "what he represents." He represents virulent racism, violence towards his enemies (perceived and real), lying (his defense in the NY fraud case is basically admitting he lied about his property values and is obviously proud of himself for doing so extravagantly), and he also represents a complete and utter disregard for national security...which is an odd thing to admire in someone you want to lead the nation.

He gave away national security secrets to foreign nationals while in office, and on his way out stole hundreds of highly classified documents. When asked to return them, he refused, and even showed them off to others as if they were prizes he'd won in some sort of contest. Some of these documents are so sensitive that they can only be viewed in a special secured facility (his attorneys are still waiting for clearance) and yet he stored them in a bathroom and a basement closet - when not pulling them out to randomly show off to hotel guests, that is.

All of this (and we haven't even begun to talk about his utter lack of any sort of personal moral compass) is fine with you because of his policies against black and brown immigrants? Or maybe I've missed something and you also hate white European immigrants?
I don't support him being a dictator but I do support the current policies being changed. I don't like the fact that you can only have two terms in office. That is not fair. I don't support him being a dictator but if he changes the policies so that candidates have more terms to serve I support that.

If I ever become president I don't just want two terms in office that's not enough for me. I want to at least have four terms if not more. I don't think there should be a two term limit and if he changes that I am fine with that.

Yes his policies are more important to me let Biden have another four years and he will destroy this country in my opinion. He has already allowed so many migrants here, allowing gender affirming care, letting trans athletes play in womens sports and etc. We have to do something now before Biden ruins this country even more.

The Central Park Five would like a word with you. Trump learned to be a racist while sitting on daddy’s knee.

I don't support him being a dictator but I do support the current policies being changed.

So what? EVERYONE wants some kind of change. If you can’t say what the current policy is, what you want it changed to and why, you’re just blabbering.

I don't like the fact that you can only have two terms in office. That is not fair.

Did you know that term limits are in the Constitution? Who do you think they’re not fair to? (It’s not there to protect politicians’ jobs)

Here’s a pro tip - don’t be as stupid as Trump and TELL people you want to do away with the constitution and term limits, so you can have POWER forever!

Even Trump wasn’t stupid enough to admit that, except in private. So just shut up about your treasonous ambitions.
At least until you are in a position to actually overthrow the government.

Most American voters believe in the American Constitution.

The more replies I read from Buzz, the more I believe that he's not being honest with us. It's just too hard to believe that anyone would admit that Trump is a criminal but he's still a good president with good policies. He had no good policies and now he's yearning to be a total dictator.

If I ever become president I don't just want two terms in office that's not enough for me. I want to at least have four terms if not more. I don't think there should be a two term limit and if he changes that I am fine with that.

Yes his policies are more important to me let Biden have another four years and he will destroy this country in my opinion. He has already allowed so many migrants here, allowing gender affirming care, letting trans athletes play in womens sports and etc. We have to do something now before Biden ruins this country even more.

If you get to be President for your proposed 5 terms, you can just execute them. So don't worry about it now. Procrastinate.

I’m interested in how Biden ruined this Country.

Was it how he Lowered Costs of Families' Everyday Expenses?
Is it because there are More People Are Working Than At Any Point in American History?
Is it because we are Making More in America?
Is it because he Rescued the Economy and Changed the Course of the Pandemic?
Is it that you hate the Rebuilding of our Infrastructure?
Or perhaps you oppose the Historic Expansion of Benefits and Services for Toxic Exposed Veterans?
What is it Buzz? How did Biden “ruin” this country?

Its always better to hear from the horses mouth than to take my word because I do not always hear things and communicate them with perfection. I believe an unedited video is as good as it gets. But anyway I would say her main reason is for failing to keep the promise of controlling the border which was central to his campaign. Honestly, I remember nothing getting done but that he did try like hell but with all the trouble and road blocks put up by the democrats...not to mention 1 investigation and 2 impeachments. But according to Colter, Trump had the opportunity to secure the border when he first took office and did not fulfill what he promised. And she is probably more right than I am.
You're assuming it's possible. Many of us understand the impossibility of doing it. His Flatulence was wrong to make it a campaign promise.

Back
Top Bottom