• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Trump was a good president (split from: As a politician how can I serve everyone)

To notify a split thread.
Doing a good job and being liked don't always go hand in hand. Just ask some of the old Apple employees who used to work with Steve Jobs.
Doing a lousy job and being disliked don’t always go hand in hand. Just ask a MAGAtard.
Fair enough. And according to Ann Coulter (who remains extremely credible to the right) Trump actually did a lousy job. She voted for him and dislikes him now:
46:50-47:50

But her reasons are far different than most liberals.

Last edited:
Doing a good job and being liked don't always go hand in hand. Just ask some of the old Apple employees who used to work with Steve Jobs.
Doing a lousy job and being disliked don’t always go hand in hand. Just ask a MAGAtard.
Fair enough. And according to Ann Coulter (who remains extremely credible to the right) Trump actually did a lousy job. She voted for him and dislikes him now:

But her reasons are much different than most liberals.

What are her reasons? To me, The fact that Trump tried to overthrow our election "trumps" everything else. Democracy is the most important issue to me.

What are her reasons? To me, The fact that Trump tried to overthrow our election "trumps" everything else. Democracy is the most important issue to me.

"Look...if you just watch this nearly 2 hour video you'd understand why!"

See 46:50-47:50

Are you gonna respond to my other comments I gave you. I wanted to see what you were gonna say in response to it.

@NightHawkBuzz -- I hope you respond to my questions For example, what are your comments about the following video.
If you are afraid to watch the video and comment, it will be very hard to take you seriously.

Don't overlook that John Kelly was hand-picked by Trump for the most important White House job.

Swammerdami, what did you think of General George Patton? Would you put him in the Trump camp too?

A lot of the things that Patton said and did were regarded to be brutal and excessive by contemporaries exactly like your video describes Trump. At the time, they forced Patton to publicly apologize. And yet Eisenhower did not fire him because when it came to fighting a war, Patton knew how to win and (at the time) they felt it was not an option not to win. Another (not well known fact) is that Patton was one of the most popular generals among the enlisted because they knew their chances of survival were significantly higher with him.

Please enumerate the “lot of” things Patton did that were brutal and excessive.

Two high-profile incidents of Patton striking subordinates during the Sicily campaign attracted national controversy following the end of the campaign. On August 3, 1943, Patton slapped and verbally abused Private Charles H. Kuhl at an evacuation hospital in Nicosia after he had been found to suffer from "battle fatigue".[149] On August 10, Patton slapped Private Paul G. Bennett under similar circumstances.[149] Ordering both soldiers back to the front lines,[150] Patton railed against cowardice and issued orders to his commanders to discipline any soldier making similar complaints.[151]

When he faced questions from the press about his reluctance to denazify post-war Germany, Patton noted that most of the people with experience in infrastructure management had been compelled to join the party in the war. He compared Nazis to Democrats and Republicans, bringing negative press stateside and angering Eisenhower.[223] When Eisenhower ordered him to hold a press conference correcting his statements, Patton instead repeated them.[224]

On September 28, 1945, after a heated exchange with Eisenhower over the denazification controversy, Patton was relieved of his military governorship.

Or you could just sum up that one minute. What are her reasons?

I know you like to argue by posting videos, but seriously...give us that harpy's reasons.

I know you like to argue by posting videos, but seriously...give us that harpy's reasons.

Its always better to hear from the horses mouth than to take my word because I do not always hear things and communicate them with perfection. I believe an unedited video is as good as it gets. But anyway I would say her main reason is for failing to keep the promise of controlling the border which was central to his campaign. Honestly, I remember nothing getting done but that he did try like hell but with all the trouble and road blocks put up by the democrats...not to mention 1 investigation and 2 impeachments. But according to Colter, Trump had the opportunity to secure the border when he first took office and did not fulfill what he promised. And she is probably more right than I am.

Its always better to hear from the horses mouth than to take my word because I do not always hear things and communicate them with perfection. I believe an unedited video is as good as it gets. But anyway I would say her main reason is for failing to keep the promise of controlling the border which was central to his campaign. Honestly, I remember nothing getting done but that he did try like hell but with all the trouble and road blocks put up by the democrats...not to mention 1 investigation and 2 impeachments. But according to Colter, Trump had the opportunity to secure the border when he first took office and did not fulfill what he promised. And she is probably more right than I am.

Ah.

So it never crossed your mind - for even one second - that the "promise of controlling the border" was complete and utter bullshit that he never intended to follow through with?

You may have missed it, but also central to his campaign was bringing "Crooked Hillary" to justice. "Lock her up!" was the chant at the rallies. And hey...if anyone could accomplish that task, it would be a man who was put in charge of the entire federal law enforcement apparatus with the ability to appoint whomever he wanted to the highest level offices and direct them to enact his agenda. Right?

Yet despite spending a significant part of his campaign (rallies, fundraising emails, actual merchandise with "Hillary For Prison 2016" emblazoned on t-shirts and bumper stickers), while actually in office and (again) in charge of the entire federal law enforcement apparatus, Trump didn't attempt to pin so much as a parking ticket on the person he described as one of the most dangerous criminals of our age. Weird, huh?

My favorite question to ask of ardent Trump supporters is: "So...how's that whole 'lock her up' thing coming along?" Their answers vary, but it's almost never "we understand that it was all a bullshit slogan and he never had any intention of following through." Because his supporters (generally speaking) don't understand that they're being sold a bill of goods.

Coulter is also selling a bill of goods, and it looks like you bought it. "Yes sir...Trump was all set to secure the border but he was thwarted by those pesky Democrats and their investigations and impeachments! He was totally going to do that, but his efforts were derailed by the lib-dems, and if it weren't for them we'd have a 100 foot high wall on the border, there would be no more drug trafficking, and our landscaping would be done by guys named Larry instead of Luis! Curse you liberals!"

I'm curious if I get started in politics now and work my way up how long do you think it will take for me to run for a house seat in congress?

I know you have to be at least 25 but I mean how long do you think it will take me to work my way up to realistically have a shot at winning a seat in the house?

Are you gonna respond to my other comments I gave you. I wanted to see what you were gonna say in response to it.

@NightHawkBuzz -- I hope you respond to my questions For example, what are your comments about the following video.
If you are afraid to watch the video and comment, it will be very hard to take you seriously.

Don't overlook that John Kelly was hand-picked by Trump for the most important White House job.

I think Trump is still way better than the alternative which is Biden.

Biden has allowed so many migrants into the country its ridiculous. In my city there are migrants sleeping outside of so many places I pass by.

To me Trump is way better than dealing with another four years of Biden.

Swammerdami, what did you think of General George Patton? Would you put him in the Trump camp too?

A lot of the things that Patton said and did were regarded to be brutal and excessive by contemporaries exactly like your video describes Trump. At the time, they forced Patton to publicly apologize. And yet Eisenhower did not fire him because when it came to fighting a war, Patton knew how to win and (at the time) they felt it was not an option not to win. Another (not well known fact) is that Patton was one of the most popular generals among the enlisted because they knew their chances of survival were significantly higher with him.

George Patton had a job to do -- helping to win a war -- and did do an excellent job, whatever one thinks of his methods. How many of the traits of Malignant Narcissism did he have? I don't know. But hard discipline and desire for glory may be common among successful soldiers. John Kelly himself, who criticizes Trump in the YouTube linked in this subthread, is himself a hard-driving soldier.

But top soldiers like Patton -- whether we admire them or not -- are driven by sense of duty, self-sacrifice, and so on. Trump is clearly a psychopath motivated only by personal greed. Trump and Patton differ as night from day.

I started a thread trying to understand the relationship between Trump and the present political dystopia in the U.S.A. What are the precedents? (Huey Long was mentioned, but whatever his faults I don't think he was a malignant narcissist.) Is Trump just an outlier within an already-malignant GOP? The thread veered and left such questions unanswered.

I'm curious if I get started in politics now and work my way up how long do you think it will take for me to run for a house seat in congress?

I know you have to be at least 25 but I mean how long do you think it will take me to work my way up to realistically have a shot at winning a seat in the house?

AOC was 29 years old when she won her fairy-tale election:

She has HUGE charisma. Maybe she could have won at age 28. Most of us have zero chance of winning a big election at any age.

She also has demeanor and an agenda that appeals strongly to "progressives."

Presumably your plan is to appeal to the Trump-licking crowd. I'm afraid you won't get serious tips about that at this message-board.

Biden has allowed so many migrants into the country its ridiculous. In my city there are migrants sleeping outside of so many places I pass by.

I didn't ask about Biden. I wonder what you think of Trump's CHARACTER, what you think of Trump's CRIMES, what you think of Trump's MALIGNANT NARCISSISM, what you think of Trump's acts of SEDITION and TREASON.

Why are you afraid to address such questions?

She has HUGE charisma. Maybe she could have won at age 28. Most of us have zero chance of winning a big election at any age.

Presumably your plan is to appeal to the Trump-licking crowd. I'm afraid you won't get serious tips about that at this message-board.

I'm curious do you know if she started out as an alderman? Like I know you have to go into local politics but I am wondering what she was doing first before she got elected to the house.

I think I have a pretty good chance though. I have seen some of the ways the responses that some of these unpopular presdential candidates get after the debates like Mike Pence and Chris Christie.

If CNN can interview people after the last two debates and NOBODY thinks both of those candidates did well after the debate and both of those guys are really successful in politics. I am sure that with my personality I can at least get a seat in the house.

I didn't ask about Biden. I wonder what you think of Trump's CHARACTER, what you think of Trump's CRIMES, what you think of Trump's MALIGNANT NARCISSISM, what you think of Trump's acts of SEDITION and TREASON.

I'm fine with his character. As far as his crimes I mean yeah they are pretty bad he tried to overturn a fair election but I still like his policies and what he represents. His narcissism, sedition and treason yeah it's bad but I still feel like his good outweighs the bad to me.

I'm curious do you know if she started out as an alderman? Like I know you have to go into local politics but I am wondering what she was doing first before she got elected to the house.

No; the U.S. Representative was her first elected political position.

She's not alone in this. Dwight D. Eisenhower's first elected job was President of the United States. As did AOC, Ike DID have some relevant prior experience. This is in contrast to, for example, Lauren Boebert whose political experience prior to elction to the House is well summed-up by Wikipedia:
In 2017, 80 people who attended a Garfield County fair contracted food poisoning after eating pork sliders from a temporary location set up by Shooters Grill and Smokehouse 1776. The restaurants did not have the required permits to operate the temporary location, and the Garfield County health department determined that the outbreak was caused by unsafe food handling at the event.[32]

In 2020 Boebert protested orders issued by Colorado Governor Jared Polis to close businesses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.[33] In mid-May 2020, she violated the state's stay-at-home order by reopening Shooters Grill for dine-in service,[34] for which she received a cease and desist order from Garfield County, with which she refused to comply.[35] The next day, Boebert moved tables outside, onto the sidewalk, and in parking spaces.[36] The following day, Garfield County suspended her food license.[37] By late May, with the state allowing restaurants to reopen at 50% capacity, the county dropped its temporary restraining order.[38]

Shooters Grill closed in July 2022, when the building's new owner opted not to renew the lease.

MTG is another U.S. Rep who had no prior elected position. Prior to this election, her resume bullets include
a correspondent for the now defunct American Truth Seekers, a conspiracy news website ...
a moderator of [a] Facebook group, in which members posted death threats against Democrats, bigotry directed at the Obamas, and support for multiple conspiracy theories, ...

You've posted little about your own qualifications, but -- based on Boebert, MTG, Santos, etc. -- I think there's a good chance you're already over-qualified to be a GOP House Member.

I'm surprised you asked whether AOC was previously an alderman or not. I thought all you young kids knew about Wikipedia.

But you're not the only right-winger who refuses to read AOC's Wiki bio. Another Infidel has claimed that he has no clue about her prior experience except bartending, which he calls being a "bar-maid." Derec could hardly post about her without insinuating that she was a commie; and he repeatedly denigrated her bar-tending experience, while saying nothing about the "experience" of Boebert and MTG which I've outlined above.

FINALLY, by echoing his despicable insults back at him, I got him to shut up about AOC's experience tending bar. Now he pretends that I'm the one obsessed with her bartending past, while posting a photo of her tending bar!

While you're here, can you help settle a bet? These are yes/no questions; you need not write a long essay; just Y or N will do.
Not all questions are amenable to quick yes or no.
If AOC describes herself as "socialist" or even "Marxist" is it reasonable or fair to call her a "self-described communist"? (The question is NOT whether she IS or is not a communist, but whether the phrase is reasonable or fair.)
Socialist: N
Marxist: Y
If AOC describes herself as a "former bartender" is it reasonable or fair to call her a "self-described former bar-girl?"
Y.
Why are you so obsessed with her bartending days anyway? And not even on the official "it's not love, it's obsession" AOC thread.
But just for you, here she is:
5cf27f3911e2054c8228c5b2

I hope that satisfies your "barmaid Sandy" jonesing for today at least.

Derec also likes to pretend that he's not a right-winger -- I dunno: Maybe he feels he lacks some key bigotry or ignorance -- but my grand-dad taught me that if it walks like a skunk, looks like a skunk, and ...

So you want to live in a dictatorship?

I think I have a pretty good chance though. I have seen some of the ways the responses that some of these unpopular presdential candidates get after the debates like Mike Pence and Chris Christie.

If CNN can interview people after the last two debates and NOBODY thinks both of those candidates did well after the debate and both of those guys are really successful in politics. I am sure that with my personality I can at least get a seat in the house.

I'm fine with his character. As far as his crimes I mean yeah they are pretty bad he tried to overturn a fair election but I still like his policies and what he represents. His narcissism, sedition and treason yeah it's bad but I still feel like his good outweighs the bad to me.

Thank you for not ducking Trump's dictator tendencies. You like his views on immigration. What did he do to solve illegal immigration? He built about a 50-mile wall. Meh. He lowered legal immigration (engineers, doctors, and professionals). And illegal immigration increased during his reign. So what did he do that you liked specifically?

Two high-profile incidents of Patton striking subordinates during the Sicily campaign attracted national controversy following the end of the campaign. On August 3, 1943, Patton slapped and verbally abused Private Charles H. Kuhl at an evacuation hospital in Nicosia after he had been found to suffer from "battle fatigue".[149] On August 10, Patton slapped Private Paul G. Bennett under similar circumstances.[149] Ordering both soldiers back to the front lines,[150] Patton railed against cowardice and issued orders to his commanders to discipline any soldier making similar complaints.[151]

When he faced questions from the press about his reluctance to denazify post-war Germany, Patton noted that most of the people with experience in infrastructure management had been compelled to join the party in the war. He compared Nazis to Democrats and Republicans, bringing negative press stateside and angering Eisenhower.[223] When Eisenhower ordered him to hold a press conference correcting his statements, Patton instead repeated them.[224]

On September 28, 1945, after a heated exchange with Eisenhower over the denazification controversy, Patton was relieved of his military governorship.
You think that compares to Trump? I read that Eisenhower once took a mulligan on the first hole at Augusta National. I bet that compares too.

So the fact that he tried to overthrow the republic is secondary the nebulous "his policies" that you like...the most important one being (apparently) immigration. You'll excuse the sedition and the attempt to install himself as a dictator, because he keeps out "the other." I'm curious...is it all immigrants or just the brown ones? He said (and he meant the ones coming over the southern border) are "poisoning the blood of our country." This is straight up white nationalist rhetoric, and in line with his past comments about them mostly being rapists and criminals. He routinely disparages people of color, and has asserted that people of color coming to these shores are from "shithole countries."

You also said you like "what he represents." He represents virulent racism, violence towards his enemies (perceived and real), lying (his defense in the NY fraud case is basically admitting he lied about his property values and is obviously proud of himself for doing so extravagantly), and he also represents a complete and utter disregard for national security...which is an odd thing to admire in someone you want to lead the nation.

He gave away national security secrets to foreign nationals while in office, and on his way out stole hundreds of highly classified documents. When asked to return them, he refused, and even showed them off to others as if they were prizes he'd won in some sort of contest. Some of these documents are so sensitive that they can only be viewed in a special secured facility (his attorneys are still waiting for clearance) and yet he stored them in a bathroom and a basement closet - when not pulling them out to randomly show off to hotel guests, that is.

All of this (and we haven't even begun to talk about his utter lack of any sort of personal moral compass) is fine with you because of his policies against black and brown immigrants? Or maybe I've missed something and you also hate white European immigrants?

So the fact that he tried allegedly attempted to overthrow the republic is secondary the nebulous "his policies" that you like..
FIFY

There is a huge difference in opinion regarding Jan 6, the democrats thought it was an insurrection and the republicans think it was a protest with violent elements. It is a fact that Trump was over a mile away giving his speech and also a fact he said to protest "peacefully". But regardless your personal opinion, if George Bush and Cheney get the pass for war crimes against humanity by our elites in Washington, what happened on Jan 6 was just a Sunday school picnic by any measure.

Back
Top Bottom