• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trumpists Are Suffering the Free Market Consequences Of Being Deplorable

Kim Davis spent time in jail. Her objection is that she didn't want to personally sign the marriage certificates of gay people getting married. The bureaucracy finally relented and her office is issuing gay marriage certs.

I wonder if the Red Hen owner will spend time in jail or be forced to serve Sarah Huckabee?

So she worked in a secular government position and she was persecuting people, not doing her job? She should have been fired immediately rather than put in jail. Or maybe transferred to a different government job such as dog catcher.

So she worked in a secular government position and she was persecuting people, not doing her job? She should have been fired immediately rather than put in jail. Or maybe transferred to a different government job such as dog catcher.

She could not have been fired. Hers is an elected position.

She could have been impeached, but this is Kentucky...

She could not have been fired. Hers is an elected position.

She could have been impeached, but this is Kentucky...

Okay, then.

To be frank, what stops him is a whoooooole lot of americans with firearms who aren't going to meekly surrender their (or their neighbor's) constitutional rights, despite how many times not-republicans argue for removal of the second amendment. For all of the arguments against firearms in the hands of ordinary citizens, and for all of the risks that attend that right... that right, and the high level of exercise of that right in the US is exactly what curtails him from being a tyrant.

Despite however much he might want to be one.

This is a short excerpt from a book called On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century. Here if anyone is interested.

Here's the thing: we remember that. And so does the Jewish community. Do you know how many firearms my spouse has sold to older Jews during the last couple of years? Do you know how many firearms he has sold to minorities, and to gay people?

cheap rhetorical questions? So-tell us how many, or consider your point here moot.
And, of course, many right wing gun owners support Trump, and could use their guns in support of Trump if he were impeached, or voted out of office, or declared martial law. They would declare themselves properly armed militia under your guys' Second Amendment.

Sorry. They will never qualify. They will refuse to be 'well-regulated' as stipulated by the amendment.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/8nopgmOiglA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm stuck by how un-senatorial MM appears. Just a frail old man trying to get to his car.

(not that I feel sorry for him - rather the contrast with the shot-from-below imposing suit and background etc that we usually see i.e. Pillar Of The Senate)

I thought this article pertinent.

Title: The Social Shaming of Racists Is Working

Well, we already knew it was working. It’s one of the primary reasons why Trump is in the Oval, because it was working for eight glorious years under Obama so much so that the shamed rats in the corner had enough and the closet racists within the Democratic fold in particular revealed themselves in the voting booth for racism (i.e., for Trump).

And of course, we have the emboldened backlash. I found it telling that the officer completely disregarded a plea for help, so for doing nothing, he's getting a desk vacation where he'll...do nothing. This is a common theme now, Trump deplorables are picking out people for being personally offended and attacking or harassing them. It's not for behavior that someone displayed, it's for who they are. I'm amazed that more people cannot see the difference. These are the same people that say facts matter, not feelings, and call everyone else "snowflakes". Yet, these people are SO afraid of loss of their position in our society, that they are hyper-offended at all times.

And of course, we have the emboldened backlash. I found it telling that the officer completely disregarded a plea for help, so for doing nothing, he's getting a desk vacation where he'll...do nothing. This is a common theme now, Trump deplorables are picking out people for being personally offended and attacking or harassing them. It's not for behavior that someone displayed, it's for who they are. I'm amazed that more people cannot see the difference. These are the same people that say facts matter, not feelings, and call everyone else "snowflakes". Yet, these people are SO afraid of loss of their position in our society, that they are hyper-offended at all times.

The officer has resigned.

Back
Top Bottom