• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Health Report

It's quite possible his doctor was drinking while writing this letter.

Not possible because Trump wrote that letter. The doc might have been (probably was) drunk when he signed it. If not, I bet he was drunk shortly thereafter.

Doctors AND physicians? Damn - that guy must be tremendously healthy!

He has a yuuuuge number of doctors and physicians. A veritable stable full of them, just like all other healthy people. The healthier you are, the more doctors and physicians, you need, and Trump isn't just healthy, he's the healthiest person evar! #amiright

He has binders full of doctors.

Last edited:
So Trump's doctor claims he really wrote the letter in about five minutes while Trump's limo waiting outside.

He also claims he knows HRC's doctors and that Hillary's health is "really not so good". Everything else aside, how is this not a major violation of HIPPA?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...rutiny-all-the-wrong-reasons?cid=sm_fb_maddow
You misunderstood.

article said:
But let’s not overlook the fact that Bornstein also told NBC News, in reference to Hillary Clinton, “I know her physician and I know some of her health history which is really not so good.”
What he meant was it wasn't good that he knew about some of Clinton's health, because that is a violation of HIPPA. ;)

It's only a violation if he really has information on Hillary's health.

More of an ethics question - is it okay for him to contend to have information on another doc's patient's health?

I don't see a problem with that as long as it's a false claim. If he's using that vague statement as a way to say "I saw her on TV and she looked a bit pale" and that's just his personal opinion and if listeners draw and inference between his personal opinion of a non-medical nature and the fact that he's a doctor, then that's the listener's mistake and not his responsibility.

If, however, he actually saw Clinton's medical records or overheard one of her doctors talking about them and then made that same vague statement, then he needs to lose his license and be sued into bankruptcy.

More of an ethics question - is it okay for him to contend to have information on another doc's patient's health?

I don't see a problem with that as long as it's a false claim. If he's using that vague statement as a way to say "I saw her on TV and she looked a bit pale" and that's just his personal opinion and if listeners draw and inference between his personal opinion of a non-medical nature and the fact that he's a doctor, then that's the listener's mistake and not his responsibility.

If, however, he actually saw Clinton's medical records or overheard one of her doctors talking about them and then made that same vague statement, then he needs to lose his license and be sued into bankruptcy.

What I saw of him on camera implied (at least) that he knew some things about HRC's health because he knows her provider(s).

What I saw of him on camera implied (at least) that he knew some things about HRC's health because he knows her provider(s).

Right, and you'll note how the entire matter was left at the level of vague implication.

It's a Hail Mary pass from the Trump campaign. Their hope is that this type of statement will produce some sort of response from the Clinton camp along the lines of that this doctor has unethically accessed her records, thus confirming to the public that there's something to be found in them. The doctor is deliberately not giving out any information, just trying to bait them into admitting that there is information.

Did Trump think he could get away with that obviously fake health report? Or this whole presidential election is just a joke to him?

Did Trump think he could get away with that obviously fake health report? Or this whole presidential election is just a joke to him?

You're assuming he understands truth vs lie. I don't think so.

Last December it was a joke to him. Today, he's not admitting that last December it was a joke to him.

Watching the interview the doc gave to NBC yesterday, I think most of the letter's off the wall structure is due to the doc being a little eccentric and trying to be funny. There is still the matter of the letter's timing though, which doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the doc is a quack, either.

That doctor didn't write it. He just signed it. He may have even signed a blank page.

That doctor didn't write it. He just signed it. He may have even signed a blank page.

That was my initial thought as well, although the doctor denies this.

Though in his subsequent television interview, he said this:

NBC NEWS: Is that the way that you write most of your medical letters?

BORNSTEIN: No, but for Mr. Trump, I wrote that letter that way.

NBC NEWS: Did he ask you to describe it that way? Or do you pick up his kind of language by spending time with him?

BORNSTEIN: I think I probably picked up his kind of language and then just interpreted it to my own.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...onald-trumps-doctor-letter-just-got-stranger/

He can't possibly admit that Trump wrote the letter for him to sign. But he also seems to finally realize that the words make him a laughing-stock, and so is trying to back away from them a little bit.

I stand by my original belief - Trump wrote the letter.

... as if that were ever in question.
The doc probably edited it though. Trumples' original version likely had stuff in it like "really great health. I mean, the greatest health ever. Health so great you wouldn't believe it. Believe me, you wouldn't believe how great my his health is."

The kind doctor deleted some of the repetitions, explaining to Trumples that doctors don't repeat themselves like that.

That was my initial thought as well, although the doctor denies this.

Though in his subsequent television interview, he said this:

NBC NEWS: Is that the way that you write most of your medical letters?

BORNSTEIN: No, but for Mr. Trump, I wrote that letter that way.

NBC NEWS: Did he ask you to describe it that way? Or do you pick up his kind of language by spending time with him?

BORNSTEIN: I think I probably picked up his kind of language and then just interpreted it to my own.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...onald-trumps-doctor-letter-just-got-stranger/

He can't possibly admit that Trump wrote the letter for him to sign. But he also seems to finally realize that the words make him a laughing-stock, and so is trying to back away from them a little bit.

He was also reading the letter out loud and when he read the part "only positive results," he stopped and said that was a mistake to word it like that. It looked like it was the first time he read it.

He was also reading the letter out loud and when he read the part "only positive results," he stopped and said that was a mistake to word it like that. It looked like it was the first time he read it.
It did, didn't it! :p

Back
Top Bottom