• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Small Dick Syndrome Manifests Itself In Major Pro Sports

Opoponax

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Apathetic Atheist
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...spond-president-trump-player-protest-comments

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/23/sports/football/trump-nfl-kaepernick.html

Long story short, Fuckface von Clownstick urged NFL owners to fire their players and disinvited the Golden State Warriors to the traditional White House whatever because all of them don't love him.

But why has our fearless shit-for-brains picked this particular fight at a time when nuclear war is closer than its been since 1962, he's under serious investigation for his shady dealings with Russia, etc.? It's because he also fucked up a major sports league.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a41135/donald-trump-usfl/

Long story short, the USFL was new football league, but it didn't want to compete directly with the NFL because it knew it couldn't for both legal and financial reasons. Enter Donald Trump, who bought a franchise and then shortly thereafter convinced enough of the league to sue the NFL so that the USFL could directly compete with the NFL. And the USFL won the lawsuit; but that "win" bankrupted the USFL and it went out of business shortly thereafter.

So not only does Trump despise anyone who disagrees with him, he has an especially black place in his heart for those who have succeeded where he has miserably failed. And Trumptards, true to their nature, are professing to now boycott both the NFL and the NBA.

This gives me a (another) sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and it has to do with his pettiness and willingness to cater to the worst among us. And there a lot of the worst among us. This sports thing isn't a sports thing: it's a race thing. Go look at conservative boards or some place like Yahoo! and you'll see that this dogwhistle has been clearly heard.

The thing is, I don't think that Trump is sophisticated enough to understand what he's doing. I think he only understands that it'll appeal to enough of his idiot supporters to hurt the NFL and NBA to some degree, even if it isn't significant. Or am I wrong? Is Trump sophisticated in his trollish behavior to know exactly what he's doing? I'm ready to be convinced.

And which is worse? That he does know or that he doesn't?

The thing is, I don't think that Trump is sophisticated enough to understand what he's doing. I think he only understands that it'll appeal to enough of his idiot supporters to hurt the NFL and NBA to some degree, even if it isn't significant.
Or am I wrong? Is Trump sophisticated in his trollish behavior to know exactly what he's doing? I'm ready to be convinced.
He is a successful businessman and politician who got to be one by mainly taking yuge risks based on supposed hunches and experience. Obviously, many don't pan out, but some clearly have. As president, he is now gambling with much of the country.

Unknown. It is a fluid game of high-stakes speculation, so he can not possibly know everything about it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...spond-president-trump-player-protest-comments

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/23/sports/football/trump-nfl-kaepernick.html

Long story short, Fuckface von Clownstick urged NFL owners to fire their players and disinvited the Golden State Warriors to the traditional White House whatever because all of them don't love him.

But why has our fearless shit-for-brains picked this particular fight at a time when nuclear war is closer than its been since 1962, he's under serious investigation for his shady dealings with Russia, etc.? It's because he also fucked up a major sports league.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a41135/donald-trump-usfl/

Long story short, the USFL was new football league, but it didn't want to compete directly with the NFL because it knew it couldn't for both legal and financial reasons. Enter Donald Trump, who bought a franchise and then shortly thereafter convinced enough of the league to sue the NFL so that the USFL could directly compete with the NFL. And the USFL won the lawsuit; but that "win" bankrupted the USFL and it went out of business shortly thereafter.

So not only does Trump despise anyone who disagrees with him, he has an especially black place in his heart for those who have succeeded where he has miserably failed. And Trumptards, true to their nature, are professing to now boycott both the NFL and the NBA.

This gives me a (another) sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and it has to do with his pettiness and willingness to cater to the worst among us. And there a lot of the worst among us. This sports thing isn't a sports thing: it's a race thing. Go look at conservative boards or some place like Yahoo! and you'll see that this dogwhistle has been clearly heard.

The thing is, I don't think that Trump is sophisticated enough to understand what he's doing. I think he only understands that it'll appeal to enough of his idiot supporters to hurt the NFL and NBA to some degree, even if it isn't significant. Or am I wrong? Is Trump sophisticated in his trollish behavior to know exactly what he's doing? I'm ready to be convinced.

What's this got to do with small peckers? I'm sure he claims he has a bigger rocket than Fatboy (Kim)

Just the quickest derail of this thread (the title made me think of this) but for fans of Citizen Kane, do you think Trump is a good indication of what would have happened if Kane managed his way to the White House?

How is it a race thing? CNN was saying that too.

A large majority of the players (NFL and NBA) are non-white. They don't qualify for 45's free speech protections.

As someone once said about the NFL: "You're going against an organization that owns a day of the week that used to belong to the church." He's even got the commissioner and the union president coordinating their responses. And the owners are defending the players, even Trump's buddy Robert Kraft. When has that ever happened? He's the "Great Uniter".

What's this got to do with small peckers? I'm sure he claims he has a bigger rocket than Fatboy (Kim)

It refers to the posturing bluster of weak, insecure men. The OP is probably assuming that users here understand things in terms not restricted to simple, literal interpretations.

It is comforting to know that with North Korea developing the capability of bombing our allies and us with a nuclear weapon, worldwide economic stagnation, and tax and health care reform in the making, that our President has the time to weigh in the pressing issue of free speech in the NFL.

Ha! I beat CNN to that punch.

Okay, now, a significant percentage of Trump supporters are racists. Can we agree on that? And can we agree that Colin Kaeparnick is half black? And can we agree that the majority of NFL and NBA players are black?

I think we can agree on all of that, no?

Now go ahead and visit sites like Yahoo!, Facebook, or any other where commentary is allowed on news articles. You either have to acknowledge that Trump has blown a racist dogwhistle that his idiot supporters have responded to with enthusiasm, or there are an oddly high number of people with multiple accounts using fake names to post this stuff, or come up with some other answer.

And this is has been brewing for over a year, just at a lower volume/lesser speed than it is now.

I don't really know how to explain it to you better than to tell you to go read what Trumptards are writing.

Another thing is this: Trump said this shit in Alabama.

https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham-al/alabama-hate-groups-who-they-are-where-they-are-located

I don't think it's unfair to say that Alabama is a notoriously racist place.

You'll note the difference in reaction when white NE Patriots players Danny Amendola and Tom Brady boycotted going to the Trump white house vs. black GS Warriors players Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. How is it not a race thing?

aa

So you're saying one of Trump's business ventures failed? Color me surprised.

aa

no, he's not
It's sad but he is, at least technically.
He is also successful from evolutionary point of view (5 children?) it's sad as well.

But he is 'technically' a below average businessman when measured against the S&P 500.

And he is 'technically' unsuccessful at winning the popular vote and below average on delivering on campaign promises.

aa

He is also successful from evolutionary point of view (5 children?) it's sad as well.

But he is 'technically' a below average businessman when measured against the S&P 500.
You are talking about private as opposed to public.

And he is 'technically' unsuccessful at winning the popular vote and below average on delivering on campaign promises.
The popular vote is not the name of the game, and it is still way too early on all of those promises.

aa

He's managed a real estate portfolio well. Not very impressive. In any business with moving components (going concern) he's failed. When he has to manage components of an active business - he's failed.

Back
Top Bottom