• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's wall

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Here's my prediction. Trump won't actually build the wall. But he'll say he has. And when the media questions him he'll say that they are lying.

The money to build the wall? Well, we may need to make some hard choices. Who wants to cut funding of the Coast Guard. We won't need it as much if we build the wall, right? And FEMA? Who needs it?!
article said:
The Trump administration, searching for money to build the president’s planned multibillion-dollar border wall and crack down on illegal immigration, is weighing significant cuts to the Coast Guard, the Transportation Security Administration and other agencies focused on national security threats, according to a draft plan.

The proposal, drawn up by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), also would slash the budget of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which provides disaster relief after hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural disasters. The Coast Guard’s $9.1 billion budget in 2017 would be cut 14 percent to about $7.8 billion, while the TSA and FEMA budgets would be reduced about 11 percent each to $4.5 billion and $3.6 billion, respectively.

Or they could just ask the Germans for their old one. I hear they're not using it anymore

McC6111-BerlinWall-016.jpg

Here's my prediction. Trump won't actually build the wall. But he'll say he has. And when the media questions him he'll say that they are lying.

Once everyone with a brain realizes he's lying, he can always resort to blaming Democrats for not giving him a dictator's budget.

The money to build the wall? Well, we may need to make some hard choices. Who wants to cut funding of the Coast Guard. We won't need it as much if we build the wall, right? And FEMA? Who needs it?!

I thought those cuts were expected to pay for his increase in military spending.
According to the article:

article said:
The cuts are proposed even as the planned budget for the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees all of them, grows 6.4 percent to $43.8 billion, according to the plan, which was obtained by The Washington Post. Some $2.9 billion of that would go to building the wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, with $1.9 billion funding “immigration detention beds” and other Immigration and Customs Enforcement expenses and $285 million set aside to hire 500 more Border Patrol agents and 1,000 more ICE agents and support staffers.
$2.9 billion for the wall (what I don't know. You don't need $2.9 billion to DESIGN a wall, and yeah, this thing needs to be designed) could be said to come from the Coast Guard (cut of $1.3 billion) and FEMA (cut of $0.9 billion). This is crazy. The priorities of the Executive Branch are kooky.

BTW, I have a friend who had a chain of clothing stores in New York. She couldn't be bothered with all the immigration bullshit. She was a business woman. She had to time for bureaucratic nonsense. Her words. So when he tourist visa ran out she just stayed. Each time she wanted to travel to Sweden she had to first travel by car to Canada, and then fly from there. And do the same to get back. According to her this was, pretty much, hassle free.

This was before 9/11. So it may have changed. But to her US immigration was a non-issue and easy to dodge. She did eventually dismantle her chain of shops and moved back to Sweden. But that's just because she got pregnant and didn't think USA is any country to raise a child.

Anyhoo...

Also doesn't the US economy need the Mexican migrant labourers? They'd do best to pursue Trump's policies half-heartedly.

I thought those cuts were expected to pay for his increase in military spending.
The cuts in the EPA and State Dept/foreign assistance are to magically pay for the $54 billion in DoD increases.

I see red money, floating around like regular money. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're all red.

You build a wall and now you have the expense of maintaining a huge wall forever.

An endless expense that serves no real purpose.

These people coming into the US from South of the border are not a significant enough threat to warrant any change.

If they commit crimes arrest them.

But since these are the people with the most initiative to leave a poor country they are actually the kind of people you want here.

Unless you are a stupid white Christian afraid of the competition.

I think it is funny that they are cutting spending in departments to raise spending in other departments, when the overall budget is still around $400 billion in deficit. It is as if they think people will think they are being fiscally responsible despite not even being remotely close.

Might need to put annual growth average up to 5% to justify another massive tax cut to payback that massive surplus we'll be seeing.

Maybe instead of mocking Trump's wall Europe needs to build their own. Because you guys are under invasion.

I think it is funny that they are cutting spending in departments to raise spending in other departments, when the overall budget is still around $400 billion in deficit. It is as if they think people will think they are being fiscally responsible despite not even being remotely close.

Might need to put annual growth average up to 5% to justify another massive tax cut to payback that massive surplus we'll be seeing.

For Trump money has always been monopoly money.

And life is a game.

Maybe instead of mocking Trump's wall Europe needs to build their own. Because you guys are under invasion.

We had one. But we tore it down in 1989.

And tragically, it can't be put back together because it was sold off to private parties in little tiny pieces. Getting them all back would cost at least $20b.

Invasion? Hmm.. this is a bit of a derail, but do you have the same reading list as Bannon? (The Camp of the Saints) Or maybe just read articles by people who have read it?

Back
Top Bottom