• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tulsi Gabbard officially a Republican

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
At Donald Trump’s rally tonight in North Carolina, Tulsi Gabbard just walked out on stage and announced that she is “joining the Republican Party.”

Gabbard’s announcement came two years after she....
Oh who cares! Gabbard, the Brock Lesner of the Democrat Party.

link

article said:
At Donald Trump’s rally tonight in North Carolina, Tulsi Gabbard just walked out on stage and announced that she is “joining the Republican Party.”

Gabbard’s announcement came two years after she....
Oh who cares! Gabbard, the Brock Lesner of the Democrat Party.
I’m stunned at this news! How incredibly unexpected!! (Not)

And I was so hoping she would repent, find the Lord Jesus, and change her ways.

In other words, Wutta dipshit.

As pointed out in the OP, Tulsi Gabbard from liberal Hawaii used to be a Democrat but has just announced she is joining up with Trump and the Republican party now.

Listen to why she decided to join the Republicans and it is because of values the Democrats USED to have but no longer support.

As I have said before and even started a thread bearing the same title, the Democrats (Tulsi) are becoming Republicans and the Republicans (Cheney, et all) are becoming Democrats.

It is not that a lot of us (including Musk and myself) who used to be Democrats have changed our values. It is that the Democrats have changed who they are.

As pointed out in the OP, Tulsi Gabbard from liberal Hawaii used to be a Democrat but has just announced she is joining up with Trump and the Republican party now.

Listen to why she decided to join the Republicans and it is because of values the Democrats USED to have but no longer support.

As I have said before and even started a thread bearing the same title, the Democrats (Tulsi) are becoming Republicans and the Republicans (Cheney, et all) are becoming Democrats.
At best, Tulsi Gabbard was a politician. Being in Hawaii, getting into politics as a Republican is about as career beneficial as being signed by the Cleveland Browns to enhance your chances of winning of Super Bowl. She is now politicking with the Republicans... or was that Trump? Because you know, Trump isn't a politician, he isn't a conservative, he isn't a liberal, he is a lying opportunist. So hitching your wagon to that of lying opportunist and pretending it is about principles is about as bankrupt a statement there can be.
It is not that a lot of us (including Musk and myself) who used to be Democrats have changed our values. It is that the Democrats have changed who they are.
Politics often involves change. After all, Democrats were supportive of slavery, so clearly that can change! Over the last 30 years, we've seen the GOP go from the Grand Ole Party to a party of obstruction (Whitewater, Lewinsky, judicial nomination blocking) to the party of hyper partisanship/Trump/19th Century. In the same span, the Democrats have shifted as Bill Clinton did... to the fucking middle, not the far left. Today GOP Politicians are campaigning on lies and propaganda the likes that only would have come out of the mouths of Michael "Savage" Weiner on the AM Radio dial 25 years ago. A black man is elected President, gays can marry, the conservatives lost their minds and now we have the MAGA movement which mutated from the artificial turf Fox News Tea Party movement.

The Democrats have changed? They moved to the middle to meet more people. The GOP is unrecognizable at the moment from the 1980s version of it.

Shocking news? Seriously? She’s always been a pro-Putin religious wacko doodle. I’ve been predicting this for years.

The Democrats have changed? They moved to the middle to meet more people. The GOP is unrecognizable at the moment from the 1980s version of it.
Totally this.
I was one of the gay people Clinton through under the bus to push the Democrats to the political right.
And I remember when "Clinton won't sign NAFTA because he's in the pocket of Big Labor. Don't vote for him." was a '92 Republican talking point. But then he did.

The Democrats became the party of inclusion and centrism. The Republicans turned into the party of authoritarianism and obstruction.

And here we are.

There is no Republican party anymore. It's Teaparty, based on keeping power by lying and cheating. If those don't work, violence.
Tom

Both parties are both unrecognizable in my lifetime. Kennedy was a Democrat, got us out of crises in Cuba and wanted out of Viet Nam. He was the male equivalence to Tulsi Gabbard of those days.

And I remember when "Clinton won't sign NAFTA because he's in the pocket of Big Labor. Don't vote for him." was a '92 Republican talking point. But then he did.

Tom
Don't forget his hand in helping China coming into the World Trade Organization. The very beginnings of the Democrats coming over to the Republicans even before the tea party was thought of.

Shocking news? Seriously? She’s always been a pro-Putin religious wacko doodle. I’ve been predicting this for years.
It is far far less shocking to me that Cheney is pro Harris considering all the war hawking of the Biden/Harris administration.

Both parties are both unrecognizable in my lifetime.
Party of Kennedy pushed through the Civil Rights Act. The Democrats still support it. The GOP push lawsuits to pull back on it.
Party of Kennedy wanted America to get to the Moon (...to beat the Russians). The Democrats still support NASA. The GOP wants to cut NASA.
Party of Kennedy supported Unions. The Democrats still do, even if some in Unions have drank some messed up Flavoraid. The GOP would love to ax Unions.

When do we get to the part about the differences in the Democrat Party? If you dare say the Democrats didn't meddle anywhere but do now, you can't just stop it right there as that would be wrong. I suppose we could say that is the one thing the GOP has kept in line with. Chile, Central America, Iraq, Afghanistan. Some pretty fucked up meddling.
He was the male equivalence to Tulsi Gabbard of those days.
JFK and Tulsi Gabbard, are you fucking serious? Mr. Any attack on the west and we'll nuke you and Pro Russian Dictator Tulsi Gabbard?!

Both parties are both unrecognizable in my lifetime. Kennedy was a Democrat, got us out of crises in Cuba and wanted out of Viet Nam. He was the male equivalence to Tulsi Gabbard of those days.

I'm with you there.
The Democrats moved towards centrism and the Teaparty Republicans drove off a cliff.

Neither is recognizable from the first time I voted, 1980. I voted for Reagan.
Tom

It is far far less shocking to me that Cheney is pro Harris considering all the war hawking of the Biden/Harris administration.
Elizabeth Cheney isn't Pro-Harris. She is anti-Trump to the extent that it just looks like she supports Harris. Cheney is extraordinarily out of alignment with Harris. But Cheney recognized Trump's attempt to seize power and put VP Pence's life at risk for the betrayal of the Constitution that it was. Just a bout any other candidate was on the ballot for the Republicans, Cheney would not be supporting Harris.

JFK and Tulsi Gabbard, are you fucking serious? Mr. Any attack on the west and we'll nuke you and Pro Russian Dictator Tulsi Gabbard?!
Who said that, Kennedy or Gabbard? If it was Kennedy threatening to nuke someone, it was probably political posturing. At least shown by his peaceful and benevolent behavior during the Cuban Missile Crises.

Tom
Don't forget his hand in helping China coming into the World Trade Organization. The very beginnings of the Democrats coming over to the Republicans even before the tea party was thought of.
Wait wait.
I was alive then and I know that it was Nixon.
Clinton followed through, but pretending that it was him who got started on boosting trade with China is the sort of nonsense that I'd expect from a low information poster.

It's like the dumbass Teapartiers who think that NAFTA was a Democrat policy. It wasn't! President Bush II and his supporters developed it. Clinton just signed it.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom