• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tulsi Gabbard officially a Republican

If Trump paid off Stormy Daniels with his own money instead from campaign contributions, he wouldn't be a convicted felon right now.
Othrr way around? Checks were from Trump Org.
Saying Trump doesn't live or die off his campaign contributions is easily the stupidest thing anyone can say this election cycle.
It gets annoying that Trump is raising hundreds of millions and RVonse can be under the impression Trump doesn't need to raise campaign funds.

Remember that in RVonse’s world, Trump is the bestest most business-successy billionaire businessman in business history, and that nobody’s seen anything like it, and everybody is saying that.

This is the first time I've seen a rat jump onto a sinking ship
It is a strategic battle. She was going no where in the GOP outside of Trump, and no where further in the DNC. So if Trump wins, she has a launch pad to work with. If he loses, she had few other options. It shows a level of pragmatic political whoring. A bit like how Stefanik stepped up in line to push Trump because that provided better party promotion potential.

And Rvonse is here thinking an ounce of principle is involved.

Thank you for the response. Mr Trump’s pledges are worthless. He is no more for peace than Ms Harris. He is a more ardent supporter of Israel.

Which suggests to me that Ms Gabbard is delusional. IMO people nowadays are much more likely to be sore losers about not getting their way. RFK Jr is a perfect example. Of course he is nuts.

While I can understand disillusionment with a political party, I don’t see the attraction of Trump to people who claim to be former Democrats because he doesn’t represent those ideals. Do you think a Trump administration would have refrained from intervening in the recent longshoremen strike?
I agree some of Trumps pledges were worthless. He is also big fan of Israel. But Israel aside, Trump's record with sport wars is far much better than any president since Carter. He simply does not have to live and die off campaign contributions, therefore does not need to take part tithing the armaments industry with my money. And Trumps propensity not taking advice from others (deep state) is many times his achilles heel, yet this serves to his advantage staying out of needless wars.

I believe that is what Tulsi sees as well. You may believe she and others like Shanahan are delusional, but you can take to the bank on how the Democrats have treated them. Because it matches perfectly with how the Democrats have treated the deplorables and Trump. It matches perfectly how the Democrats treated Bernie......and matches perfectly how the Democrats treated Biden too.

I don't know what Trump would have done with the longshoremen strike, it would have been interesting to have seen.
There is a problem with putting one's trust in a man who is acknowledged to make false pledges. Israel cannot count on Trump's pledge of support. This is the man who saw a post on Facebook and was convinced that illegal immigrants are eating dogs. He is easily pushed off the path of reason if someone tells him that his self interest lies out in the weeds. He will accept advice from anyone, if it reassures him and confirms what he has already decided to do. This is the man who believed alternate Electoral College votes could sent in place of the genuine votes. For all his hysteria about "changing votes", that is exactly what he wanted to do. He sent a mob to the Capitol, but at the critical moment, he lost his nerve and left them hung out to dry. Trump is at heart, a coward. Instead of making waves, he hoped to ride in on the high tide. It was poorly conceived, poorly planned, and in the American system of Justice, criminals are not given leniency for incompetence.

For all practical purposes, Donald Trump is bankrupt. Between mortgaged properties, legal fees and court judgments, he is so far underwater the sun is a distant memory. Campaign contributions are buying his lunch.

As for the longshoreman strike, that's an easy one. Just check the interview he gave Elon Musk, where he praised Elon for firing striking Tesla workers. Which way Trump will bend and sway is never a mystery. He will always bow to anyone he perceives to have more money and power than himself. That includes the Chinese billionaire whose stuff is sitting in a cargo container, waiting to be unloaded.

Back
Top Bottom