• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tulsi Gabbard officially a Republican

Shocking news? Seriously? She’s always been a pro-Putin religious wacko doodle. I’ve been predicting this for years.
It is far far less shocking to me that Cheney is pro Harris considering all the war hawking of the Biden/Harris administration.
What "warhawking" are you referring to?

If it was Kennedy threatening to nuke someone
"If"?? How can you possibly be so unaware of your own nation's recent history, and yet still imagine that others should care about your political opinions?

JFK said:
It shall be the policy of this Nation to regard any nuclear missile launched from Cuba against any nation in the Western Hemisphere as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States, requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union.

I am not now, not have I ever been, an American, and I wasn't born when he said it, yet this one public statement is so clearly critical to the avoidance of a third World War in the twentieth century that anyone who is unaware of it has no business whatsoever spouting off about US or world politics.

Ignorance is not laudable, nor excusable.

Either get an education, so that you are qualified to talk; Or shut up and listen to those who are. Unless you crave being thought a fool.

JFK and Tulsi Gabbard, are you fucking serious? Mr. Any attack on the west and we'll nuke you and Pro Russian Dictator Tulsi Gabbard?!
Who said that, Kennedy or Gabbard? If it was Kennedy threatening to nuke someone, it was probably political posturing. At least shown by his peaceful and benevolent behavior during the Cuban Missile Crises.
It is hard to discuss history with someone who apparently can't bother to remember what they lived through.

Nor is excessive bragging and boasting. You are sounding a lot like Trump these days....

Nobody knows everything.

Nor is excessive bragging and boasting. You are sounding a lot like Trump these days....

Nobody knows everything.
YOU BROUGHT UP THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS and then exposed no memory of it! That is on you, not bilby.

You could have followed up on the quote indicating that Kennedy wasn't a warmonger, he made an agreement to remove the missiles from Turkey as part of the agreement to help resolve the missile crisis. But instead, you sat their slack-jaw'd completely unaware of one of the most well-known moments of JFK's presidency (even to a Brit/Aussie).

Nobody knows everything.
WTF?

Being aware of Kennedy's role in the Cuban Missile Crisis is nothing to brag or boast about; It's basic, entry-level knowledge that any adult should have before attempting to influence political
opinion amongst his peers.

You are right that nobody knows everything; But that doesn't mean that knowing nothing is somehow worthy or admirable.

Knowing what one is talking about is the antithesis of sounding like Trump.

Not knowing what one is talking about is sounding a lot like Trump.

It is hard to discuss history with someone who apparently can't bother to remember what they lived through.
By the of the Cuban Missile Crisis there were still a lot of Goldwater Republicans and even John Birchers. Today their offspring are middle aged or old Republican “centrists”, meaning Trumpers who don’t want to talk about Trump. History is literally irrelevant. The horror of an empowered Democratic Party has supplanted their animus to nuke Russia, China and anyone else who didn’t like it. Now they’d like to nuke the Democratic Party and suck up to Vladimir and Ping for their reward.
The Trump agenda gives plain voice to the “almost oligarchs” of America overwhelming desire to sack and loot the irresistible treasures of 350 million American suckers and losers, vast resources currently serving them no personal purpose.

Shocking news? Seriously? She’s always been a pro-Putin religious wacko doodle. I’ve been predicting this for years.
It is far far less shocking to me that Cheney is pro Harris considering all the war hawking of the Biden/Harris administration.
It’s incredible mental gymnastics to rationalize that being against imperialism is pro-war; while supporting imperialism and Putin is favoring peace.

By the of the Cuban Missile Crisis there were still a lot of Goldwater Republicans and even John Birchers. Today their offspring are middle aged or old Republican “centrists”, meaning Trumpers who don’t want to talk about Trump
Side note: Stephanie Miller is the daughter of Goldwater's running mate and is quite progressive.

As pointed out in the OP, Tulsi Gabbard from liberal Hawaii used to be a Democrat but has just announced she is joining up with Trump and the Republican party now.

Listen to why she decided to join the Republicans and it is because of values the Democrats USED to have but no longer support.

As I have said before and even started a thread bearing the same title, the Democrats (Tulsi) are becoming Republicans and the Republicans (Cheney, et all) are becoming Democrats.

It is not that a lot of us (including Musk and myself) who used to be Democrats have changed our values. It is that the Democrats have changed who they are.

Okay, but that does not explain why a lot of “ you” support Trump who does not look like how the Democrats “used to be”.

Okay, but that does not explain why a lot of “ you” support Trump who does not look like how the Democrats “used to be”.
Listen to Tulsi Gabbard in the video. Her own voice and not some BS commentary by myself or anyone else. That video of her is not that long and it is her voice answering perfectly what you are asking.

But if that is not enough for you, listen to Nicole Shanahan in her own words tell you what the Democrat party has become. The beginning intro and see time stamp 44:20 to 47:00. What the Democrats have become is why RFK jr almost had to go with Trump.

I suspect neither of these women would be huge Trump fans but what the Democrats have become is far far worse.

Last edited:
Listen to Tulsi Gabbard in the video. Her own voice and not some BS commentary by myself or anyone else. That video of her is not that long and it is her voice answering perfectly what you are asking.

But if that is not enough for you, listen to Nicole Shanahan in her own words tell you what the Democrat party has become. The beginning intro and see time stamp 44:20 to 47:00. What the Democrats have become is why RFK jr almost had to go with Trump.

I suspect neither of these women would be huge Trump fans but what the Democrats have become is far far worse.
Thank you for the response. Mr Trump’s pledges are worthless. He is no more for peace than Ms Harris. He is a more ardent supporter of Israel.

Which suggests to me that Ms Gabbard is delusional. IMO people nowadays are much more likely to be sore losers about not getting their way. RFK Jr is a perfect example. Of course he is nuts.

While I can understand disillusionment with a political party, I don’t see the attraction of Trump to people who claim to be former Democrats because he doesn’t represent those ideals. Do you think a Trump administration would have refrained from intervening in the recent longshoremen strike?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. Mr Trump’s pledges are worthless. He is no more for peace than Ms Harris. He is a more ardent supporter of Israel.

Which suggests to me that Ms Gabbard is delusional. IMO people nowadays are much more likely to be sore losers about not getting their way. RFK Jr is a perfect example. Of course he is nuts.

While I can understand disillusionment with a political party, I don’t see the attraction of Trump to people who claim to be former Democrats because he doesn’t represent those ideals. Do you think a Trump administration would have refrained from intervening in the recent longshoremen strike?
I agree some of Trumps pledges were worthless. He is also big fan of Israel. But Israel aside, Trump's record with sport wars is far much better than any president since Carter. He simply does not have to live and die off campaign contributions, therefore does not need to take part tithing the armaments industry with my money. And Trumps propensity not taking advice from others (deep state) is many times his achilles heel, yet this serves to his advantage staying out of needless wars.

I believe that is what Tulsi sees as well. You may believe she and others like Shanahan are delusional, but you can take to the bank on how the Democrats have treated them. Because it matches perfectly with how the Democrats have treated the deplorables and Trump. It matches perfectly how the Democrats treated Bernie......and matches perfectly how the Democrats treated Biden too.

I don't know what Trump would have done with the longshoremen strike, it would have been interesting to have seen.

I agree some of Trumps pledges were worthless. He is also big fan of Israel. But Israel aside, Trump's record with sport wars is far much better than any president since Carter. He simply does not have to live and die off campaign contributions, therefore does not need to take part tithing the armaments industry with my money. And Trumps propensity not taking advice from others (deep state) many times his achilles heel, yet this serves to his advantage staying out of needless wars.
We are not in any wars. Are yiu referring to the US honoring its word and supporting our allies?
RVonse said:
I believe trhat is what Tulsi sees as well. You may believe she and others like Shanahan are delusional, but you can take to the bank on how the Democrats have treated them. Because it matches perfectly with how the Democrats have treated the deplorables and Trump. It matches perfectly how the Democrats treated Bernie......it matches perfectly how the Democrats treated Biden too.
And how the GOP treats antiTrumpers and how Trump pledges to treat his opponents.
RVonse said:
I don't know what Trump would have done with the longshoremen strike, it would have been interesting to have seen.
No it wouldn’t have been interesting. Interestingly, although you’ve had no problem opining how a Democrat might react, you won’t with Trump.

I agree some of Trumps pledges were worthless. He is also big fan of Israel. But Israel aside, Trump's record with sport wars is far much better than any president since Carter. He simply does not have to live and die off campaign contributions, therefore does not need to take part tithing the armaments industry with my money.
Wah?

He is literally living off of campaign contributions, especially his lawyers.
And Trumps propensity not taking advice from others (deep state) is many times his achilles heel, yet this serves to his advantage staying out of needless wars.
The last thing you want people that are clueless about a subject or area... is to not listen to people that understand the subject / area. Obstinance is not a super power.
I believe that is what Tulsi sees as well.
These are playing you! You are being scammed. Tulsi is a fraud. Trump is a massive fraud. He has had to stop running a "charity" and a "school" because they were frauds.
You may believe she and others like Shanahan are delusional, but you can take to the bank on how the Democrats have treated them.
You know, I mentioned Brock Lesner because he got a heavy push to be on top, but then he didn't like the schedule of wrestling and decided to leave. Tulsi got a huge push in the DNC. And then she burned her bridges when she saw the glass ceiling. People like Gabbard and Stefanik see a short cut to the top. They don't see anything else as there is nothing to Trump that is political.
Because it matches perfectly with how the Democrats have treated the deplorables and Trump.
Trump tried to steal the election with a mob after never once contesting voter fraud in court. Again, why can't you see this? He violated his oath.

I agree some of Trumps pledges were worthless. He is also big fan of Israel. But Israel aside, Trump's record with sport wars is far much better than any president since Carter. He simply does not have to live and die off campaign contributions, therefore does not need to take part tithing the armaments industry with my money. And Trumps propensity not taking advice from others (deep state) is many times his achilles heel, yet this serves to his advantage staying out of needless wars.
Doesn't live and die on campaign contributions???

He certainly acts like it. It's just he wants them from the wealthy rather than from any particular industry.

Besides, the real power of campaign contributions is in Congress. A congresscritter can alienate most of the nation while helping their state and they'll still be elected. The president can't.

If Trump paid off Stormy Daniels with his own money instead from campaign contributions, he wouldn't be a convicted felon right now.

Saying Trump doesn't live or die off his campaign contributions is easily the stupidest thing anyone can say this election cycle.

I’ve always found it advantageous to learn about something, THEN start forming opinions about it, THEN start spouting those opinions to others. It’s important to do it in that order.
Then again, RVonse’s way seems popular as well. We’ll know how popular in about two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom