• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter Finally Adds a Fact Checking Warning Label to Trump Tweets

No one is deleting or editing his posts, but instead posting comments about his posts... so trump is saying they can't engage in free speech about his free speech? I'm confused.

No one is deleting or editing his posts, but instead posting comments about his posts... so trump is saying they can't engage in free speech about his free speech? I'm confused.

If I may? For three years now, Trump has hidden behind Twitter thinking it's his special direct communication pipeline to his cuck minions. He's used to standing tall on Twitter and pissing directly in their mouths whenever he needed to feel superior. Now, however, whenever he feels that desperate need to piss in his subjects' mouths, Twitter will be pissing in his.

How Covid-19 pushed Twitter to fact-check Trump’s tweets - POLITICO
It was the pandemic, Twitter says, that freed the company to attach fact-check warnings to a pair of Present Donald Trump’s tweets this week.

Critics have complained for years that Twitter lets Trump run wild on the platform. But the company had generally taken a hands-off approach to the president, partly because of a company policy that considers it in the public’s interest to know what world leaders are thinking, and partly because Twitter judged many of Trump’s tweets to fall into a gray area not covered by its rules banning specific behaviors like abuse or posting hateful content.
Twitter has started attaching warning labels to posts advocating methods of protection from the coronavirus that public health authorities consider ineffective.
Now Twitter is applying a similar metric to noncoronavirus-related tweets by the president of the United States.

On Tuesday, Twitter added warning labels to two Trump tweets claiming, without evidence, that mail-in ballots, like those being used in California amid the pandemic, are likely to be “substantially fraudulent.” The labels directed users to a link to "get the facts about mail-in ballots.”
That's what provoked Trump so much.

And now he's retweeted one of his cucks saying "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat."

The President of the United States of America ladies and gentlemen. But don't worry, the guy who said it, Couy Griffin, who is also the Otero County commissioner, pulled a "locker room talk" qualifier:

"I don't say that in the physical sense, and I can already see where the videos getting edited where it says I want to go murder Democrats," Griffin continues. "No. I say that in the political sense because the Democrat agenda and policy is anti-American right now."

Sooooooo, to recap, what he meant was, Democrats are "anti-American" and therefore the only good Democrat is a politically dead Democrat, but for some unkown reason--even though that was his intent--he couldn't just actually say that wink wink.

yes, yes.... But he is complaining that something is violating his free speech. That is what he says the problem is. But no one edited or deleted his "speech", thus, it remains fully "free". He wants to REMOVE the freely given speech that twitter made regarding the speech that remains free that he made.
So I am confused about the freedom of speech claim. It sounds like Trump is complaining that there exists free speech and that it should end, except for him. Like, clearly. So that is my confusion.

And now he's retweeted one of his cucks saying "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat."

The President of the United States of America ladies and gentlemen. But don't worry, the guy who said it, Couy Griffin, who is also the Otero County commissioner, pulled a "locker room talk" qualifier:

"I don't say that in the physical sense, and I can already see where the videos getting edited where it says I want to go murder Democrats," Griffin continues. "No. I say that in the political sense because the Democrat agenda and policy is anti-American right now."

Sooooooo, to recap, what he meant was, Democrats are "anti-American" and therefore the only good Democrat is a politically dead Democrat, but for some unkown reason--even though that was his intent--he couldn't just actually say that wink wink.
So Politically Dead like John F. Kennedy?

So "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat" really means "the only good Democrat is a defeated Democrat". Why not just say that instead?

The only good woman is a pregnant woman! And I don't mean that physically.

So, if i threaten the president, i can add 'politically' when they come for me?
Sorry, Agent, i just meant to say i think Trump's lying ass should be wedged violently into a POLITICAL howitzer, and his fatty tissues POLITICALLY spread across the POLITICAL LANDSCAPE of the Viet Nam memorial, on the anniversary of his first filing for a draft referral.

Yeah, won't get any death threats for almost saying that....

Tommy Vietor on Twitter: "Facebook’s own research shows the platform is polarizing the country and driving people into extremists groups, but Zuckerberg is more worried about being called mean names by Trump. https://t.co/x6aXGjrCTq" / Twitter
noting

Zuckerberg Says Twitter Is Wrong to Fact-Check Trump
"We have a different policy, I think, than Twitter on this," Zuckerberg told Dana Perino, host of the Fox News show The Daily Briefing, in an interview clip. The full interview is expected to air on Thursday.

"I just believe strongly that Facebook shouldn't be the arbiter of truth of everything that people say online. In general, private companies probably shouldn't be, especially these platform companies, shouldn't be in the position of doing that," Zuckerberg added.
Ads by scrollerads.com

Perino said that Zuckerberg told her that Facebook refuses to intervene in censoring public posts unless there's a threat of imminent harm. She added that Facebook is "hands off" when it comes to political speech.

Tommy Vietor on Twitter: "Facebook’s own research shows the platform is polarizing the country and driving people into extremists groups, but Zuckerberg is more worried about being called mean names by Trump. https://t.co/x6aXGjrCTq" / Twitter
noting

"We have a different policy, I think, than Twitter on this," Zuckerberg told Dana Perino, host of the Fox News show The Daily Briefing, in an interview clip. The full interview is expected to air on Thursday.

"I just believe strongly that Facebook shouldn't be the arbiter of truth of everything that people say online. In general, private companies probably shouldn't be, especially these platform companies, shouldn't be in the position of doing that," Zuckerberg added.
Ads by scrollerads.com

Perino said that Zuckerberg told her that Facebook refuses to intervene in censoring public posts unless there's a threat of imminent harm. She added that Facebook is "hands off" when it comes to political speech.

What a sniveling-little-rat-bastard full-of-shit-fuck-face-coward. To admit to a need for fact checking would be to admit his "platform" is still being used for nefarious purposes. It's not like it's a public service he's providing for the good of all mankind.

yes, yes.... But he is complaining that something is violating his free speech. That is what he says the problem is. But no one edited or deleted his "speech", thus, it remains fully "free". He wants to REMOVE the freely given speech that twitter made regarding the speech that remains free that he made.
So I am confused about the freedom of speech claim. It sounds like Trump is complaining that there exists free speech and that it should end, except for him. Like, clearly. So that is my confusion.

When Trump says "freedom of speech" he means freedom to lie and deceive. Seriously, that's exactly what he's pissed off about. He thinks he has a right to lie on Twitter.

noting

Ads by scrollerads.com

What? I've been dinged by facebook for sharing things unintentionally that aren't true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/28/trump-is-doubly-wrong-about-twitter/

Laurence H. Tribe on Trump's executive order.

Trump is utterly mistaken in claiming that Twitter is violating the First Amendment — or even that Twitter can violate the First Amendment. Prompting Trump’s outburst was the platform’s first-ever attachment of warnings to two of Trump’s tweets encouraging users to “get the facts about mail-in ballots.” Clicking the warning leads to a news story indicating that “Trump makes unsubstantiated claim that mail-in ballots will lead to voter fraud.” Attaching these warnings, Trump claimed, was Twitter’s First Amendment sin.

But it’s no constitutional violation. To begin with, the First Amendment applies to the government — not to private actors like Twitter. So, when the company adds warnings to tweets or even — going a step further for users other than Trump — removes tweets, it can’t possibly violate the First Amendment, because it simply isn’t a governmental entity. You can love or hate how Twitter is regulating its own private platform — but you can’t call it a First Amendment violation.

Furthermore, when Twitter attaches a warning to a tweet, that constitutes speech of Twitter’s own, which is generally protected under the First Amendment from governmental censorship. Far from violating the First Amendment by speaking on top of Trump’s own speech, Twitter was exercising its First Amendment rights.

Here’s the irony: While Twitter isn’t using its platform to violate the First Amendment, Trump is. That’s not just our view; it’s what a federal appeals court held in a landmark decision last year. The court ruled that Trump was violating the First Amendment by blocking on Twitter those whose views he disliked. It is long-standing constitutional law that, when a government actor such as Trump creates a public forum in which different views are encouraged to be shared, the government can’t then pick and choose which voices to permit and which to silence. That’s what the court found Trump did, holding that, having used his @realDonaldTrump Twitter account as an official governmental public forum, Trump couldn’t then selectively censor his critics.

And yet it's GOP dogma that Obama was an autocratic President and acted like a dictator. Such hypocrisy. We are in a dark age. It's hard to believe this isn't fiction, and we can only hope there's an electoral remedy to remove this man and his cohorts.

noting

Ads by scrollerads.com

https://chaser.com.au/world/social-...j8-xRnbcnPV5K__spfVSr2gC_MUTXeDOuw5YmkWTu3ZNQ

Now, Trump's complaining that Twitter is policing lies, but never said shit about Obama saying you can keep your doctor.
Which wasn't a tweet...
And i doubt was a lie, just unfounded optimism...
And if it was a lie, wasn't his 18,000th lie...

Back
Top Bottom