• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter likely to take idiots offer to buy them for $43 billion

Twitter Suspends Elon Musk Jet Tracker Account And 24 Others - The New York Times - "The suspended accounts include one that followed the private plane of Elon Musk, Twitter’s owner. It was reinstated hours later, before being suspended again."
Twitter on Wednesday suspended more than 25 accounts that track the planes of government agencies, billionaires and high-profile individuals — including one that followed the movements of the social media company’s owner, Elon Musk, who has said he was committed to “free speech.”

Jack Sweeney, a 20-year-old college student and flight tracking enthusiast, said he woke up on Wednesday to find that his automated Twitter account, @ElonJet, had been suspended. In recent months, the account amassed more than 500,000 followers by using public flight information and data to post the whereabouts of Mr. Musk’s private plane. Twitter later reinstated the @ElonJet account before suspending it again.
Back in Nov 6: Elon Musk on Twitter: "My commitment to free speech extends even to not banning the account following my plane, even though that is a direct personal safety risk" / Twitter
Mr. Sweeney’s personal Twitter account was also suspended on Wednesday, along with the other accounts that he runs that track the planes of tech billionaires such as Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates. Mr. Sweeney shared a message that he had received from Twitter, which said his account had been suspended for violating rules “against platform manipulations and spam.”

Since taking over Twitter, Mr. Musk has gone back and forth on deciding what content and accounts should and should not be on the platform.

But as of Tuesday, the Internet Archive shows that the web page about Twitter’s policy on private information and media did not mention the phrase “live location.”

Musk suspends journalists from Twitter, claims ‘assassination’ danger - The Washington Post - "Company executives alleged that the more than half a dozen reporters endangered Twitter’s owner by sharing his location. But a review of their tweets shows no evidence of it."
Twitter suspended the accounts of more than half a dozen journalists from CNN, the New York Times, The Washington Post and other outlets Thursday evening, as company owner Elon Musk accused the reporters of posting “basically assassination coordinates” for him and his family.

The Post has seen no evidence that any of the reporters did so.

Don Moynihan on Twitter: "@elonmusk @micsolana Thank you sir for your relentless focus on personal safety (pic link)" / Twitter
Twitter's Former Head of Trust and Safety Forced to Flee Home After Elon Musk's Tweets: Reports

The social media platform's Trust and Safety advisory council was suddenly disbanded that same day, per multiple reports

Twitter abruptly dissolves safety council moments before meeting | Twitter | The Guardian - "The firm’s turmoil appears to deepen since Elon Musk’s takeover with Yoel Roth forced to flee home amid personal attacks"
Elon Musk’s Twitter abruptly dissolved its Trust and Safety Council on Monday night, just moments before it was scheduled to meet with company representatives.

The council was an advisory group of nearly 100 independent civil, human rights and other organizations that the company formed in 2016 to address hate speech, child exploitation, suicide, self-harm and other problems on the platform. But Twitter informed the group via email that it was disbanding shortly before the meeting was to take place on Monday, according to multiple members.
Twitter dissolves Trust and Safety Council, Yoel Roth flees home - The Washington Post - "Meanwhile, a former top Twitter official fled his home amid attacks following Musk tweets"

Elon Musk on Twitter: "@micsolana They posted my exact real-time location, basically assassination coordinates, in (obvious) direct violation of Twitter terms of service" / Twitter

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "You’re a public figure. ..." / Twitter
You’re a public figure. An extremely controversial and powerful one.

I get feeling unsafe, but descending into abuse of power + erratically banning journalists only increases the intensity around you.

Take a beat and lay off the proto-fascism. Maybe try putting down your phone.

As someone who has been subject to real + dangerous plots, I do get it. I didn’t have security and have experienced many scary incidents.

In fact, many of the right-wing outlets you now elevate published photos of my home, car, etc.

At a certain point you gotta disconnect.

I like this response:
9fm on Twitter: "@AOC Elon, if you think that someone tracking your jet is scary, then just imagine how people like Pelosi & AOC felt when they found out that their fellow members of Congress were cooperating with insurrections during 1/6. Toughen up, big guy." / Twitter

The idea of Mastodon as an alternative seems laughable to me. Mastodon is decentralised. There's no central authority to complain to when somebody uses language you don't like, which seems to me the reason some people are upset with new Twitter.

The idea of Mastodon as an alternative seems laughable to me. Mastodon is decentralised. There's no central authority to complain to when somebody uses language you don't like, which seems to me the reason some people are upset with new Twitter
The owners of MySpace agree with you a social media platform couldm't be replaced. Parler too.

The idea of Mastodon as an alternative seems laughable to me. Mastodon is decentralised. There's no central authority to complain to when somebody uses language you don't like, which seems to me the reason some people are upset with new Twitter
The owners of MySpace agree with you a social media platform couldm't be replaced. Parler too.
Were you born mischaracterising other people's words, or did you take lessons?

I did not say Twitter couldn't be replaced. I said I found the idea of Mastodon as a replacement laughable.

Ben Collins on Twitter: "Journalists who cover Elon Musk have been suspended on Twitter tonight: ..." / Twitter
Journalists who cover Elon Musk have been suspended on Twitter tonight: @Donie
O'Sullivan from CNN, Aaron Rupar and the Washington Post's @drewharwell.

Rupar tells me he has "no idea" why it happened.

The NYTimes' @rmac18 has been suspended from Twitter. He's been on the Elon Musk beat.

Mashable's @mattbinder has been suspended from Twitter. He's been on the Elon Musk beat.

Journalist @webster has been suspended.

This was The Washington Post's @drewharwell's post before he was suspended from Twitter, outlining how Twitter suspended the account of its competitor Mastodon earlier today.

The Intercept journalist @micahflee has been suspended. He had been writing critically about Elon Musk.

Political pundit @keitholbermann has been suspended by Twitter. He had been tweeting critically of Elon Musk.

Here's @keitholbermann's last tweet before he was suspended from Twitter.

The Washington Post's @drewharwell, who was suspended from Twitter tonight after reporting on Elon Musk, has just posted this on his Mastodon account, which is @drewharwell@mastodon.social.

Drew Harwell:
Twitter just suspended a competitor's account (@joinmastodon) because it posted a link to its own website's version of @ElonJet public, legally acquired data that Twitter decided two days ago was against the rules. Loving the free speech (h/t @mmasnick)
At Mastodon:
Drew Harwell @drewharwell@mastodon.social

No warning. I report on Elon Musk and other topics for The Washington Post and will keep doing so because free speech and transparency are important for the world.

In the last few days I ... wrote about Elon Musk. posted links to publicly available, legally acquired data as well as links to Mastodon, which also now is banned on Twitter.

Elon Musk is free to ban whoever he wants from Twitter, just like people are free to take their speech somewhere else.
Keith Olbermann:
1/ So here's a plan.

A) EVERYBODY RT the screenshot of the tweet that apparently got the account of Drew Harrell of @washingtonpost suspended

B) AND recreate the tweet word for word with the link

C) AND link to Aaron Rupar's piece that got HIM PERMANENTLY SUSPENDED:

Lori Trahan on Twitter: "My team met with @Twitter today. They told us that they're not going to retaliate against independent journalists or researchers who publish criticisms of the platform.
Less than 12 hours later, multiple technology reporters have been suspended. What's the deal, @elonmusk?" / Twitter

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 on Twitter: "Some accounts The Owner of Twitter has replied to favorably in the last 7 days: ..." / Twitter
Andrew Wortman on Twitter: "These are Twitter accounts @elonmusk has elevated/amplified over the past week: ..." / Twitter

I've collected those names:

Amanda Milius, Avi Yemini, Bad Kitty Censored, Catturd, Charlie Kirk, Clay Travis, Dave Rubin, David Sacks, Eliza, Glenn Greenwald, Ian Miles Cheong, Lara Logan, Lee Fang, Libs of TikTok, Marc Andressen, Marina Medvin, Mario Nawfal, Michael Saylor, Mike Cernovich, Mike Solana, Sam Gab, Sour Patch Lyds, Stop Woke Culture, The Critical Drinker, Tim Pool, Tom Fitton, Viva Frei

Were you born mischaracterising other people's words, or did you take lessons?

I did not say Twitter couldn't be replaced. I said I found the idea of Mastodon as a replacement laughable.

Agreed. I'll also add Truth Social to that laughable list.

Doxxing gets you suspended.
Doxxing is only okay when left-wing journalists like Taylor Lorenz do it.
LOL. Funny how uncritical you two are of Musk.

The location and identity of all aircraft in the US is public information. Just like posting the home address of the US president isn't doxxing either.

Mentioning other public information such as the contents of widely published newspapers and public statements from government agencies (like police departments) isn't doxxing either. In this particular Elon tantrum, the source for the story mentioning Elon's location was ... a tweet from Elon Musk!!

The location and identity of all aircraft in the US is public information. Just like posting the home address of the US president isn't doxxing either.

Mentioning other public information such as the contents of widely published newspapers and public statements from government agencies (like police departments) isn't doxxing either. In this particular Elon tantrum, the source for the story mentioning Elon's location was ... a tweet from Elon Musk!!
This whole doxxing thing lacks merit if he hasn't banned those who dox (doxxed) or target (targeted) childrens hospital doctors or the families of mass shooting victims as well as people like Ocasio-Cortez.

The Musk dog caught the Free Speech car, and seems to have gotten his collar caught on the wheels. We can all now look forward to “whump whump whump“ as the Twitter version of free speech limps down the road, destroying Elon’s look with every bloody rotation.

We are doomed to endless meaningless cliches.

How about 'The more things change the more things stay the sam'.

We are doomed when destructive unstable self serving power hungry people like Trump and Musk can have so much influence on people.

It is not something the founders could have foreseen when framing the constitution.

Stating the obvious, Musk and Trump represent change.

This whole doxxing thing lacks merit if he hasn't banned those who dox (doxxed) or target (targeted) childrens hospital doctors or the families of mass shooting victims as well as people like Ocasio-Cortez.
Wut?

Wut?

I had to look up who "lil X" was. Initially, I thought it was some black rapper I had never heard of (like most out there), so the whole story didn't make any sense. Turns out "lil X" is his kid. :ROFLMAO: Geez, why don't people give their kids normal names anymore? What's wrong with Fred or Joe or Tom?

On the other hand, Elon is African American, so maybe he figures he should the kid an African American name. :D

Back
Top Bottom