• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter likely to take idiots offer to buy them for $43 billion

I’m confused by that “truck”. I see a sedan with a lift kit. What’s the “trucky” part of it?

I’m confused by that “truck”. I see a sedan with a lift kit. What’s the “trucky” part of it?
There's a truck bed in the back. You just can't see it from the angle of the photo.

Has top class room in a bed in the back. My problem is it looks bloody awful, but don't try to convince Muskites who love the new clothes.

Has top class room in a bed in the back. My problem is it looks bloody awful, but don't try to convince Muskites who love the new clothes.
The reviews I've seen are positive when it comes to the tech and the features, but yeah...that thing is something only an emerald mine nepo-baby with a god complex could love. The Rivian is a little weird looking with the vertical oval headlights, but it looks lovely compared to this.

We're long past that awkward time when manufacturers thought they had to make their hybrid/EV vehicles scream "look at me! I'm technology!"

Is it still cheaper to manufacture flat panels for the body, as well as the windows? Is it more aerodynamic?
Or is it just ... I don't know what to call it, or even what to ask.
It looks like they tried to make the whole thing out of straight lines, even on the wheels!
How 'creative'?

There's a truck bed in the back. You just can't see it from the angle of the photo.
But is it sized to actually be a “truck bed” or is it like that honda thing that looks like someone strapped on a cat litter box, or just pulled the trunk lid off the sedan?

IMG_0421.jpeg

Reminds me of the old saw about the El Camino: “I couldn’t decide if I wanted a station wagon or a pick-up truck - so I got neither.”

Is it still cheaper to manufacture flat panels for the body, as well as the windows? Is it more aerodynamic?
Or is it just ... I don't know what to call it, or even what to ask.
It looks like they tried to make the whole thing out of straight lines, even on the wheels!
How 'creative'?

No. These vehicles are rather expensive. Fully loaded they are $100K. And working with body panels is tricky. Tesla has always been a bit sloppy in their body panel fitting. Apparently the few examinations of these vehicles shows Tesla still has not quite figured this out.

Back
Top Bottom